miami scene?

stickman

Which has the hipper dance scene?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which has the hipper dance scene?

• Miami
    • L.A.
    • San Francisco

trust me, you don't wanna move here...the scene sucks, we are all a bunch of sons of bitches and the whole thing is just annoying as fuck...stay wherever you are, I mean...at least you have internet...I'm writing from an internet café...please, send food, money :(

does your "optimism" extend out towards the live music scene as well? or do you not check out the live bands in the area and stick mainly to DJ-oriented clubs?

sorry about your internet/food/money situation :)

does your "optimism" extend out towards the live music scene as well? or do you not check out the live bands in the area and stick mainly to DJ-oriented clubs?

sorry about your internet/food/money situation :)

I went to see a band the other day and the singer died of an electric shock when he grabbed the mic...the infrastructure is terrible, plus...most of the bands play only polka...horrible, just horrible...

:cry::laugh2:

I visited SF once. But I mostly like New York.

yeah, from what i've seen, NYC seems to be the mecca in the states for EDM played by both DJ's and live bands. the only thing is that my girlfriend has some pretty major inhibitions about moving to NYC at this time (maybe in the future, though). additionally, up to this point, i have more experience w/funk & groove types of live band gigs (b/c there's no EDM scene around here), and it might be better for me to move somewhere else besides the "mecca of EDM in the states" first to get my chops in and knowledge of the genre more up to par. maybe once this is done it would be time for NYC, but i'm thinking moving somewhere else right now would be the smarter decision...

I went to see a band the other day and the singer died of an electric shock when he grabbed the mic...the infrastructure is terrible, plus...most of the bands play only polka...horrible, just horrible...

:cry::laugh2:

Funk, you know better than to fuck with the polka. Next time I see you wandering around in a drunken stupor on Lincoln, I'm gonna have to beat you over the head with an accordian.

Stickman, this is a DJ, dance club town. There are a number of live music venues, but not a lot. There are many other things that recommend this area, though. I can't imagine LA or SF is any better.

Funk, you know better than to fuck with the polka. Next time I see you wandering around in a drunken stupor on Lincoln, I'm gonna have to beat you over the head with an accordian.

Stickman, this is a DJ, dance club town. There are a number of live music venues, but not a lot. There are many other things that recommend this area, though. I can't imagine LA or SF is any better.

goolsbee-schamberger_ger_em92_lausanne_od_polka.jpg

Did I mention, polka on ice??? :biggrin:

Yeah, well...ok, Miami is the shit...but don't move here, try Nebraska, check it out...isn't it beautiful, bro? Look at that!

view_west_2.JPG

Breathtaking... :)

coachjames: thanks for the info

everyone else: thanks for the humor..... big chief: thanks for the belittling comment about my current residency in the cow-infested state of arkansas :)

you guys crack me up :)

does anyone else have any feedback about the miami scene?

Sunny with a high of about 80 degrees..

Sunrise @ 6:45

Sunset @ 6:45

You can a get a nice Miami scene around that time from the beach. Hope that helps.

:shades2:

Do you get this in San Francisco?

South%20Beach%20Girls.JPG

I just got back from a full day at the beach...Miami scene??? Who cares, as long as I wake up here...you can have dragons fighting back in LA or SF(I ain't getting impressed by those), I keep Miami in a flash...we live in a beautiful place, you know?

Do you get this in San Francisco?

South%20Beach%20Girls.JPG

I just got back from a full day at the beach...Miami scene??? Who cares, as long as I wake up here...you can have dragons fighting back in LA or SF(I ain't getting impressed by those), I keep Miami in a flash...we live in a beautiful place, you know?

Eh... I can see that (and better) in Greece every summer. :D