Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random Thoughts #3

nomembername

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tastey... I finally saw the fountain last weekend... loved it.

hah, the first thing i did after watching was thinking about the ending, then getting on the net to get some different perspectives

i liked this one:

*spoilers*

The tree in the bubble is NOT Izzi. It is the actual tree of life. Remember when Izzi dies? What does Tom decide to do? "Death is a disease. There is a cure and I will find it". And he does. He goes back to the lab to recreate the formula that allowed the monkey to regress in age. A formula that will eventually stop someone from ever dying. Where did the formula come from? The tree of course. If you pay attention to when Tom decides to use that sample of the tree in the formula they inject into the monkey he says to his lab assistants "Use the sample from the tree we found in South America". South America is where the Mayans used to live before they disappeared ie. the jungles of New Spain in Izzi's story where, of course, the tree of life is. Its obvious that Tom figured out that it was this tree that can give him eternal life. So he eats a bit of the tree/drinks it's sap and lives for agelessly for the next 500 years no doubt helping countless people escape death along the way. But of course like all things, the tree begins to die. Tom's quest is to rid the world of death and if the tree dies then his quest will be over. He then decides to head for Xibalba thinking that if Izzi was right about the tree of life (in her book) then she must be right about Xibalba being able to give life after dying too. So he puts the dying tree into his bubble and heads for Xibalba to save the tree from dying. On the way he keeps seeing visions of Izzi because he feels saving the tree is exactly like how he was trying to save Izzi 500 years ago. Like with Izzi, he is unable to prevent the tree from dying despite getting close both times (he almost makes the cure but Izzi dies and this time he almost reaches Xibalba but the tree dies). Its then that he realises that death cannot be prevented no matter what. Its now that he finally understands what Izzi was trying to tell him while she was alive and through her story about the Spanish conquistador. She told him the Mayans believed that "through death they can be reborn" and this is what Izzi believed too. She knew Tom did not understand this while she was alive. This is why she wanted him to write the final chapter to her story after he finally understood what she was trying to tell him. Now that he finally understands he can at last "finish it". He ends Izzi's story with the conquistador dying after drinking the tree's sap but at the same time being reborn as blooming plants and flowers (just like the tree now growing on Izzi's grave) and is now ready to die himself and live with Izzi forever after death.

yeah same here, I read a few good ones like that and a few that made zero sense. Only thing I cant figure out and nobody else really tries to explain is when tom is finishing the story and the conquistador gets by the final Mayan to get to the tree. Its like Tom from the future projects himself there and the Mayan thinks hes thier god (the father). whats the deal with that? Its confusing because it almost makes that part seem like it is real because the real tom projects himself into the story.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who is under 5-foot yet has these amazingly large, round, and firm breasteses. She has the same name as another friend so to distinguish the two in conversation I and some of the guys have taken to refering to her as "Little Leah" while making the large breasts hand gestures.

I know I have bitched about this before but I have NEVER despised a radio personality as much as I do with this nigga Ed Lover on the morning show from Power 105.1...this old, washed up, unfunny man needs to be put out of his misery

That sums up how I feel about Whoopi...who can listen to that show?!?.