Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SF Documentary

montbh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good looking my dude, this is a must see vid...

it goes to show how NYC aint the same city anymore

all these 'mcdonaldized" clubs like crobar and such these days aint shit compared to what we had back in the late 1990's.... original concepts

I even got to see myself in the DVD, lol....good thing I had my sun glasses on that night, I was trippin like a kid running with his shoe laces tied together trying to run up the stairs...

just do more drugs sf wasnt that fuckin great

A lot of people get pissed when we talk about the past but we always do,, the last 8,9 years just flew by...So what do you guys think is the biggest change since 98,99....?? Lets see late 70's to about 83 was disco... from 83 to 88 is a blank to me but from 89-94 was a big time at limelight and for ravers 95 96 97 ok 98-99 was the shit i think...People would party at the tunnle untill about 8am then go to SF....It was like its own little world... then after 2000 when clubs like tunnle and twilo closed down and sf got shut down like once a month things were not the same... WHY? the clubs today are ok but not great if they were we wont be talking so much about the past...

A lot of people get pissed when we talk about the past but we always do,, the last 8,9 years just flew by...So what do you guys think is the biggest change since 98,99....?? Lets see late 70's to about 83 was disco... from 83 to 88 is a blank to me but from 89-94 was a big time at limelight and for ravers 95 96 97 ok 98-99 was the shit i think...People would party at the tunnle untill about 8am then go to SF....It was like its own little world... then after 2000 when clubs like tunnle and twilo closed down and sf got shut down like once a month things were not the same... WHY? the clubs today are ok but not great if they were we wont be talking so much about the past...

yea but there's no point in just talkin about it all the time

it was fun back then because everything was so big and out in the open... but then everything got shut down/scaled back because it was so big and out in the open that the wrong people noticed. So even if we could somehow get back to that point it would just cycle back to the early 00s and then the scene now.

or you could look at politics/city's quality of living, etc

there's always drugs to blame... can you imagine the scene going back to predominantly e and k and staying there? think of how many people drinking you saw late at nite in the 90s compared to now. drunk crowds are different

oh well we had fun and we'll still find a way to

if this is the one I think it is .....

this was made by a old friend of mine

the asian guy is names TAYLOR RIVERA ....he was director, and makes short films for film festivals and shit and owned a TV show in the phillipines called TREND TV

most of the footage was shot for that show....but after SF was shut down he went thru all the old footage and put together that documentary...espcially since he was the only documentary crew EVER granted acess to SF...

it was more about Afterhours and the NYC club scene but also makes comparrisions to la nightlife and other scenes.

although I think he used lots of footage of the wrong types who represented that club at that era , it was still a interesting documentary......esp if you were a SF regular

if you werent...I dont see why people need to toss in their 2 cents....others can like something alot and it not affect you ....

respect others and you get respect.......disrespect and what you say is just lost in your own ignorance...

I was main distributor for these, but sold out ...i think you can still get them on ebay

I have lost touch with him and do not know if he is still producing them

jonpaul

if this is the one I think it is .....

this was made by a old friend of mine

the asian guy is names TAYLOR RIVERA ....he was director, and makes short films for film festivals and shit and owned a TV show in the phillipines called TREND TV

most of the footage was shot for that show....but after SF was shut down he went thru all the old footage and put together that documentary...espcially since he was the only documentary crew EVER granted acess to SF...

it was more about Afterhours and the NYC club scene but also makes comparrisions to la nightlife and other scenes.

although I think he used lots of footage of the wrong types who represented that club at that era , it was still a interesting documentary......esp if you were a SF regular

if you werent...I dont see why people need to toss in their 2 cents....others can like something alot and it not affect you ....

respect others and you get respect.......disrespect and what you say is just lost in your own ignorance...

I was main distributor for these, but sold out ...i think you can still get them on ebay

I have lost touch with him and do not know if he is still producing them

jonpaul

umm.. DO YOU STILL HAVE MY COPY???

it was fun back then because everything was so big and out in the open... but then everything got shut down/scaled back because it was so big and out in the open that the wrong people noticed. So even if we could somehow get back to that point it would just cycle back to the early 00s and then the scene now.

ur not seriously comparing to "00's" drug "culture" to a decade or 2 before it? ever hear of a place called Limelight? u couldnt walk into that shit without stepping over a kid in a k-hole @ one point