Clubplanet Nightlife Community

american idol predictions

weyes

they would make a cute couple

last night was an abomination to any queen fan :aaah: ... "we will rock you" and "bohemian rhapsody" should've been off limits - the first 'cause it's a retarded stadium anthem and the latter because it's frikkin' genius - but there was a moron for each :rolleyes: .

as far as my predictions for songs went, the songs that were chosen were not surprising to me, but i had different contestants pegged for the songs. the closest i got was katharine, who said she was originally going to sing the song i thought she was going to (which was fun, challenging and dynamic, and which would have showed her off to her best advantage), but then changed her mind at the last minute, to a song with which she was terribly off-key and very dull :no: .

which leads me to my choices for kicking off this week: ace young is my first guess, with his ridiculous "we will rock you." asshat.

ace.jpg

and my girl pick is katharine mcphee, with a song i've never heard ["who wants to live forever?"], and i was obsessed with queen back in the day.

katharine.jpg

i do hope it's ace over katharine, though, 'cause she's way more talented than he is. but, as we learned last week, to most of the fans of a.i., you're only as good as your last performance.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night was an abomination to any queen fan :aaah: ... "we will rock you" and "bohemian rhapsody" should've been off limits - the first 'cause it's a retarded stadium anthem and the latter because it's frikkin' genius - but there was a moron for each :rolleyes: .

as far as my predictions for songs went, the songs that were chosen were not surprising to me, but i had different contestants pegged for the songs. the closest i got was katharine, who said she was originally going to sing the song i thought she was going to (which was fun, challenging and dynamic, and which would have showed her off to her best advantage), but then changed her mind at the last minute, to a song with which she was terribly off-key and very dull :no: .

which leads me to my choices for kicking off this week: ace young is my first guess, with his ridiculous "we will rock you." asshat.

ace.jpg

and my girl pick is katharine mcphee, with a song i've never heard ["who wants to live forever?"], and i was obsessed with queen back in the day.

katharine.jpg

i do hope it's ace over katharine, though, 'cause she's way more talented than he is. but, as we learned last week, to most of the fans of a.i., you're only as good as your last performance.

ace.jpg

katharine.jpg

ace.jpg

katharine.jpg

last night was surprisingly decent! there was only one performance that could truly be judged as straight-out bad; the rest were either really good, ok, or only mediocre at worst.

chris opened up with a number that bored me silly. the judges all liked it, but i thought it was a snooze. ace's performance was nasal and dull, and elliot's was dull, too. paris' song was just ok. and i don't say that taylor's and katharine's performances were the best because they're my favorite contestants; i say it because they truly were the standouts of the evening.

but kellie pickler was a bonafide disaster. she was off-key a lot, and she sped up towards the end way ahead of the band. right after she finished her song, she frowned and said, "i butchered it!" even paula could only say something nice about her dress.

kellie's got a real big following, though. but if the votes are based on last night's performance, my kick-out pick is kellie pickler:

kellie.jpg

if it's a guy, that's a toughie, as they were all dull, except taylor. i guess i'd put it towards ace young and his nose, even though i really disliked chris, because ace has been in the bottom 3 a bunch of times now and chris hasn't.

ace.jpg

i couldn't watch a.i. last night 'cause i was so frikkin' tired, so i don't know who the bottom three were. i can say, however, that my boy pick was kicked off. it's a bummer, 'cause kellie really deserved to be punished for tuesday's performance. ace had it coming to him for a while, though, i guess.

the way i see it, here's what we're left with:

guys:

taylor: something we haven't seen in a while: real soul. very talented.

chris: has a genuine edge that the public finds accessible. could be successful.

elliott: wannabe-funky whiteboy. dime a dozen.

girls:

katharine: knows how to use dynamics and convey emotion. like taylor, very talented.

kellie: the obligatory dumb blonde. singing is irrelevant to her appeal.

paris: boring.

all right, y'all, here are my thoughts on this week: katharine opened with a performance that made my jaw drop to the floor, and the judges dismissed it. i was shocked. they preferred paris' boring version of "the way we were," which she delivered with an entirely inappropriate grin.

taylor wasn't his best (you know i love him), and the other boys were just ok, i thought. which brings me to another point:

what the fuck is paula abdul on :confused::eek::shaky: ???????

she had tears streaming down her face after elliot's performance, saying, "you moved me," when there was absolutely nothing remarkable about it. seriously, she's on some good shit.

but kellie was just painful last night :shake: . by the time she was hitting the high note at the end, the audience was just hoping she'd quit ahead of time for its sake and to avoid any further embarrassment for her sake. my kick-out pick is most definitely kellie pickler:

kellie.jpg

if i had to pick a guy, i guess i'd say elliot yamin:

elliott.jpg

but, even with her strong following, i'm pretty damn sure kellie's gonna be gone tonight.

i'd give it to the stupid, blond hick and the brunette katherine looked decent last night...she was def trying hard to show off them titties
yeah - kellie doesn't have much in the way of boobs; she sure was pushing 'em up last night.

katharine's got a nice shape, though; she's got a thinnish build but she's got baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

i'll see what i can find in the way of decent pics, phattie...

I agree..What could Paula be on? Pills? It's almost as if she has no control over her face.
a while back there was a story on her being addicted to pain pills long after some surgery, i think.
whats wrong with her? shes rather beautiful
i don't know who you're addressing, but i never said she was ugly. ghhhhhost said he thought this year's group was an ugly bunch, but i don't don't know if he was necessarily referring to her --- just sayin' that she has small boobies. if i'm wrong on that, please correct :) .

yup - my prediction, kellie pickler, got the boot.

yesterday my idol-watching co-worker, roommate, and the local morning news program said that paris was gonna be kicked off. the show last night separated the contestants into 3 groups of 2, and we were supposed to wonder which were the highest rated, middle, and lowest during the commercial break. paris and kellie were standing next to each other, and i just wondered, is there anyone, anywhere, who doesn't know which are the bottom two? if so, s/he should quit watching the program.

and i wonder if the contestants know how they all do or if they don't have perspective 'cause they're too close to it all :what: .

I thought Kellie was entertaining. I would rather Paris have gone. I dont see that star quality in her.
kellie's ignorance was somewhat entertaining, but that's all she had going for her. did you like her singing?

and i wouldn't worry about paris; i think she's a big ol' snooze. out of the next 5, i'd definitely say she's the weakest.

kellie's ignorance was somewhat entertaining, but that's all she had going for her. did you like her singing?

and i wouldn't worry about paris; i think she's a big ol' snooze. out of the next 5, i'd definitely say she's the weakest.

I know what you're saying. And, her "ignorance" got a little annoying. At times, it seemed like she was pretending to be ignorant. She was reaching for that Jessica Simpson personality.

Next week, I say Paris goes. What do you think>

My fave is Elliot!

I know what you're saying. And, her "ignorance" got a little annoying. At times, it seemed like she was pretending to be ignorant. She was reaching for that Jessica Simpson personality.

Next week, I say Paris goes. What do you think>

My fave is Elliot!

i think paris should go next, too.

elliot's your fave? i really don't see/hear his appeal. i hate the nervous tremor in his voice - that isn't vibrato - and i don't like his wannabe soul (it's not pc to say wannabe black, but i think you know what i mean either way). i'm so sick of all these phony white boys; i think we've filled our quota.

and don't get me wrong --- i'm not saying white people can't have soul! i think taylor's got it, for an idol example, but other examples in the real world include joe cocker and janis joplin. maybe i would like elliot a bit more if he weren't trying so hard to be what looks like - to me - to be someone else.

still, though, without all that... even if i had never seen him and his lame hip-hop bouncey moves and his pallor, if i had had my eyes closed the whole time, i just don't like the way he sounds.