Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ferry @ Crobar Reviews

Got there 12:30. I like how they aren't cocks at the door anymore. Just have to say that you have willcalled tickets and you can pass the line outside. Good stuff. Saved a good 20 minutes extra that we got to see Serge. Excellent opening again. Got the crowd revved for Ferry.

Def a lot of young kids, a lot still in HS. And more asians than last month. They really came out for this closing party. They were obviously on shit, but not as obnoxious and bumping into everyone/thing like usual.

Didn't get to stay too late. Left at 4 and the floor was still packed. Anyone stay later that get fill me in on how it ended?

GIVE SERGE A RESIDENCY, ALREADY!!

Stayed to watch him close. Unbelievable set. This was my first Ferry party and Im sad to know it was the closing. I talked to Serge, he was supposed to go back on around 6, but I guess Ferry wanted to close. Played some bombs at the end, and even his own stuff.

(Fire, Force of Gravity (Ferry's Bootleg mix), Rock Your Body Rock and a few other classic bombs.)

Was really having fun with it all, energy in the room past 3-4am was INSANE. Loved his interaction with the crowd after all night but especially towards the end. All the little kids dropped like flies and there was tons of room to dance and go nuts.

Def. alot of young kids with no respect for anyone, bumping into everyone, not fuckin caring about anyones space. I can't tell you how many times I started dancing and getting into my shit only to be barreled into by three little girls, or some dumb 19 yr old moron with a drink in his hand. Mangled asia was out in FULL FORCE that night. I saw some of the biggest bugouts of my drug career this night. At one point, I saw an asian like dead asleep, the break ends, and he just wakes the fuck up and started mortal kombat dancing...fucking wigged me out.

Night 9/10. Def, one of the sickest parties Ive been to.

wow! im all about the house, not really into trance anymore but ferry blew me away. Played ALOT of those older "epic trance" classics and alot of newer shit. I could give u guys ids but id have to go diggin thru my music collection and it wud take too much time. that room was full of energy, and so was ferry , he was goin nutz up there, thats how a dj should be interacting with the crowd. not staring at a screen like a zombie like an infamous nyc dj who i will leave nameless because we dont need another thread on him. One of the best nights I have had out since dt's xmas party @ spirit. I left around 6:30 and the place was starting to clear out, was packed but not too packed, just enough room to dance. def a sick night, id give it a 9/10 just like month....ferry needs another residency and this is comin froma house head..maybe a quarterly residency, but he needs something... the man was on fire

wow! im all about the house, not really into trance anymore but ferry blew me away. Played ALOT of those older "epic trance" classics and alot of newer shit. I could give u guys ids but id have to go diggin thru my music collection and it wud take too much time. that room was full of energy, and so was ferry , he was goin nutz up there, thats how a dj should be interacting with the crowd. not staring at a screen like a zombie like an infamous nyc dj who i will leave nameless because we dont need another thread on him. One of the best nights I have had out since dt's xmas party @ spirit. I left around 6:30 and the place was starting to clear out, was packed but not too packed, just enough room to dance. def a sick night, id give it a 9/10 just like month....ferry needs another residency and this is comin froma house head..maybe a quarterly residency, but he needs something... the man was on fire

I can't even begin to tell you how many House Heads have seen Ferry during his residency at Crobar. They all had nuttin but good things to say about him. He is a great personality in the scene. Always in a good mood when he spins and never looks all depressed like some other DJs

I can't even begin to tell you how many House Heads have seen Ferry during his residency at Crobar. They all had nuttin but good things to say about him. He is a great personality in the scene. Always in a good mood when he spins and never looks all depressed like some other DJs

yea man it was first time i went out to hear ferry, the word "trance" always kept me away, but a friend was having a lil bday bash so i decided to make it out and ferry blew me away, his crowd interaction was probably best i have ever seen.

agreed when i went in january I was blown away at the energy, the musicality and the progressive dance style that ferry 2006 is playing.

i truly hope that ferry will line up more crobars for the spring summer & autumn, and i would love serge to open & close as he has been.

while i amk mainly a house fan [went to morales last night] i like to think that i can appreciate good music of whatever stripe or scene.

i knew ferry from his trance cds like 1999 & they were good as far as that goes, but i went to hear him in january not knowing exactly what he was going to spin. well is 2006 sound isnt really trance at all, its basically tech house with what i would call hard trance with a progressive feel.

anyway the music was exceptional from both ferry & serge & the ewnergy & positivity was also impressive, like a grown up raver if that makes sense and yes i mean that in a good way [as an old skool raver meself].

anyway looking forward to ferry & serge's return & i think anybody whos checked out the LEF series has come away impressed & possibly surprised at the quality of this night. i know i was. nad its diff than waht ferry was playiong in 2000 still some pop but actually modern tech house im serious.

thehype, i couldnt agree w/you more. i'd say 75% of the clubs/events i go to now are house/tech/tribal as opposed to trance...but i would go to see Ferry any day of the week...he brings an energy with him that few can match...and he plays every set as if it were his last...long live Ferry!!!

glad everyone had a blast at Hobar for ferry i went to see him twiice at hobar on a friday but i just couldnt take the lil kids running around and half of chinatown running wild like they used to/Do at WEBsterCrap but his music has always been crazy i like him as a producer also for his older trance tunes. i remember when i used to be really into trance it was fun.