Clubplanet Nightlife Community

table reservatiosn for all-male groups...problem?

mweath

There is also a difference between someone who lives in vegas and has been in the industry in vegas for 12 years and someone who lives in bfe and relies on a phone call. I have had 8 guys that i pick up at the airport at 9pm to get them into tao at 12, its not hard to do, but you do need some connection to get in, and bypass the line regardless of the night or whos there. I used to bartend at beach, shark club, the drink, hurricane harrys, light and club rio. I was getting people into clubs when there was only 3 clubs in vegas. Its sad that people have to promote themselves by spending time and money for something someone else has been doing for a long time. I have clients that i have done for 10 years 3 times a year or more. I have some of the major hotels calling me, and limo and taxi companies calling. But i will give people props, you can make a living at this gig, more power to ya. I have seen sites online that just charge 200 a head or more and its a disgrace. Some of us that do hosting/vip service actually go to a club here in vegas more than one night a week, or have even met a club host, or gm of a club.

So comparing getting 20 guys into jet on a sat night with 2 hours notice, and getting 6 women into tryst with a weeks notice, it doesnt matter to me. Because at the end of the night when i drag peoples drunk ass's out of the club and drive them bacl to their hotel, when most hosts are at home in bed, thats when i receive a call back. Hey Robert, it was nice seeing you at 6am, still waiting, or partying. To make sure people get home with greatest experience in vegas of their lives, is where its at, not charging them out the ass cause they dont know any better.

There is also a difference between someone who lives in vegas and has been in the industry in vegas for 12 years and someone who lives in bfe and relies on a phone call. I have had 8 guys that i pick up at the airport at 9pm to get them into tao at 12, its not hard to do, but you do need some connection to get in, and bypass the line regardless of the night or whos there. I used to bartend at beach, shark club, the drink, hurricane harrys, light and club rio. I was getting people into clubs when there was only 3 clubs in vegas. Its sad that people have to promote themselves by spending time and money for something someone else has been doing for a long time. I have clients that i have done for 10 years 3 times a year or more. I have some of the major hotels calling me, and limo and taxi companies calling. But i will give people props, you can make a living at this gig, more power to ya. I have seen sites online that just charge 200 a head or more and its a disgrace. Some of us that do hosting/vip service actually go to a club here in vegas more than one night a week, or have even met a club host, or gm of a club.

This comment hit the nail on the head. To be an effective VIP host in Las Vegas, or anywhere else, it's necessary to personally network on a regular basis, to keep strong relationships with contacts. For the most part, many of the people who we do business with were our friends before they were our business contacts. We still make an effort to go out to the clubs to show our faces and talk to the people who take care of us. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

I work with about 5 independant hosts in vegas. And one company outside of vegas. My local hosts will always be my first priorty. I always invite new customers/booking agents/hosts, but i have come to realization, i sell limos, hosting is second nature. I try to book ariport pickups, drop off's and dinner stuff. I pass out 1500 business cards every 6 months, $30 for a box of cards and word of mouth is far more superior promotion that the money spend on sites and domain names. Also i dont live in india or idaho trying to promote a hosting company in vegas, trust me, they are out there. Booking agents will book a 100 hr car and give to customer for 150 and then tell us i cant give them a business card, its sad. So for all of you promoters and hosts actually in vegas, i do give you props, its a hard biz here, you have to give quality service and try to find a nitch.

But on the other hand, i do drive the sweetest 14 passenger limo in vegas. Party buses and hummer coming soon

I work with about 5 independant hosts in vegas. And one company outside of vegas. My local hosts will always be my first priorty. I always invite new customers/booking agents/hosts, but i have come to realization, i sell limos, hosting is second nature. I try to book ariport pickups, drop off's and dinner stuff. I pass out 1500 business cards every 6 months, $30 for a box of cards and word of mouth is far more superior promotion that the money spend on sites and domain names. Also i dont live in india or idaho trying to promote a hosting company in vegas, trust me, they are out there. Booking agents will book a 100 hr car and give to customer for 150 and then tell us i cant give them a business card, its sad. So for all of you promoters and hosts actually in vegas, i do give you props, its a hard biz here, you have to give quality service and try to find a nitch.

But on the other hand, i do drive the sweetest 14 passenger limo in vegas. Party buses and hummer coming soon

.....dude, why dont you just post a flyer or something.....geez....you've been plugging your biz with a fervor that would put a bible salesman to shame.....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay here is the truth and nothing but the truth....Vegas Nightlife is nothing but appearance and money. I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on tables...Now...there are these people that call themselves VIP Host...If they do not work for the club...It is merely a service you can determine on the benefit. Sometimes these people can help you. They may have a certain hook up on getting you in whether it be on a specific guestlist or through table service. Now with tables they may be able to work out a better deal for you if you yourself don't know how to set things up yourself....But don't be fooled or not know that you can simply call the club and ask for a host. And the host will tell you what you can or can not do. Now in regards to guys...hell 2 new years ago I had a party of 60 people upstairs in the VIP at Studio 54 and most were guys it was like 35/25...and last Superbowl we had a party of 10 guys to Body English...now they wanted us to get some girls...which is understandable...because thee really hot clubs want a ratio of 3 to 1...And you have to understand that most of these clubs can only accomodate about 1800-2000 people...Some can hold more but that is like a average...So you got to understand they dont want...1000 guys...they want like 1500 girls and 500 guys...you see the ratio...That way it keeps there club hot...and its not a sausage party...Now if your booking tables and willing to spend the money I don't know a club that will turn away the business of a all guy party...Hell we spend most the money anyways!! Now don't be fooled...Here is where the appearance part comes in to play...If your a all guy group you better have some good looking guys or be high rollers...simple as that...Or decent looking guys dressed to todays trendy fashion...Because every club is judged on what kind of clientel they cater to...So you better be goodlooking, rich, or cool......OHH...AND MIGHT I ADD!! THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL...HOST WHETHER THEY ARE INSIDE THE CLUB OR OUTSIDE THE CLUB...THEY ALL WORK BASED SOLELY UPON TIPS....SOME HAVE A SMALL SALARY IF BUT MOST DONT...SO BE EXPECTING TO BREAK SOME BREAD TO THE HOST...AND THAT WILL ASSURE YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF....DATES BACK TO...YOU TAKE CARE OF ME I TAKE CARE OF YOU....AND IF YOU WALKING IN WITH 6 GUYS TO A HOT CLUB...PLEASE DONT EXPECT 100 BUX IS GOING TO GO VERY FAR...IF ITS A NOT SO HOT CLUB...100 BUX IS COOL...BUT PURE, BODY ENGLISH, TAO, TRYST...THEE ELITE CLUBS OF LAS VEGAS RIGHT NOW...EXPECT TO HOOK THEM UP WITH A COUPLE IF NOT A FEW HUNDRED BUX...BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET A CARD...ESTABLISH A RELATIONSHIP...AND YOU WILL HAVE CONNECTIONS...DONT JUST WALK UP LIKE A JACK ASS AND HAND THE GUY 100 BUX AND EXPECT THINGS ARE GOING TO BE PEACHY...YOU HAVE TO APPRECIATE THE SITUATION...BIG LINE HECTIC PEOPLE TRYING TO GET IN...YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE BE PATIENT, UNDERSTANDING AND GENEROUS.....AND I GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TAKEN CARE OF...PROBABLY PRETTY WELL...

Table Fees....Table Fees are a courtesy way of asking for a Tip...So if there is a Table Fee don't worry about hooking up the bouncer...And if they have the nerve to ask about a tip...Just politely mention to them you have already paid the table fee. Its just a easy way for the clubs to make money for there employees in a professional way. Instead of the Host asking if your going to take care of him...

I have to say epope hit it good. You are right about talkingto the club about things.But i can guarentee that if you call, and i cal or another vip host call, we are going to get you in 99% of the time. You call, chances are 40% of time on fri or sat your not getting into the first club you call. All honesty, i can just walk up to the clubs doors that i know people and say heres 10 guys, and its not going to cost you thousands of dollars.

Tables fees, interesting. If i setup a table for guys, i usually order bottles accordingly and i usually only give host of club 50 or so for average group of 10 guys. They are informed to take care of cocktail person themselves.

Tables fees, interesting. If i setup a table for guys, i usually order bottles accordingly and i usually only give host of club 50 or so for average group of 10 guys. They are informed to take care of cocktail person themselves.

I'm sure that you have pretty strong hookups at a lot of the clubs in Vegas, but a $50 tip for a host after he hooked up a party of 10 dudes for you? Why not just give the host some change out of your pocket. I don't care how good your connections are, that's just disrespectful. That same host could've given that same table to someone else and picked up a $200 tip instead of $50.

Not to talk shit...but I am right there with you BigDaddy...I am just not seeing 10 guys going into a club and you only hooking them up with $50 bux...unless he charges them a Table fee on the side after you leave limodriver...I wouldn't even send anyone to anyone if I knew they were going to throw one of my friends at least 100 bux...This day and age..what is $50 dollars going to get you...So..yeah i am right there with you...It may have went down that way limodriver but you probably didn't see the table fee your guys were charged...and rightfully so...these host need to make money too...And its all supply and demand you have maybe 7 HOTT!! Clubs in Las Vegas....and you have about 2million residents and about how many tourists.....the host at the clubs are really helping everyone out when getting tables because shoot to have a table in one of the elite clubs is an amenity.......

Well just to let you know, the guy that i gave 50 to is a real good friend, also when the guys ordered 4 bottles off the bat at lowest price of 475, then your right. But on the other hand, any club i work with or at, when i bring clients, usually they will be spending money. I will ask people if they want table service or just to get in. The people who say jsut to get in, i know will not spend the money for tables. So if you call it a kick in the ass to give them 50, so be it, but i bring clubs million dollar clients on monthly basis. I have a client who comes every 5-6 weeks for 6 nights and uses his black american express card for 100k for 3 nights, but the group of guys that get table service are just as important.

Well just to let you know, the guy that i gave 50 to is a real good friend, also when the guys ordered 4 bottles off the bat at lowest price of 475, then your right. But on the other hand, any club i work with or at, when i bring clients, usually they will be spending money. I will ask people if they want table service or just to get in. The people who say jsut to get in, i know will not spend the money for tables. So if you call it a kick in the ass to give them 50, so be it, but i bring clubs million dollar clients on monthly basis. I have a client who comes every 5-6 weeks for 6 nights and uses his black american express card for 100k for 3 nights, but the group of guys that get table service are just as important.

I have to agree with bigdaddy and epope. All of the people that we work with in the clubs are good friends of ours as well, but we wouldn't dare insult them with a $50 tip for bottle service, even for a party of all females. I'm sure the club appreciates those high-end clients spending a lot of money in their club, but from the perspective of the host, it really doesn't matter how much a client spends inside the club because they make most of their money from their tips. At each of the top 5 venues in Las Vegas (Tao, Tryst, Pure, Jet, and Body English), there is a stand-by list for tables. They can easily sell your table to another person and get a $300 tip instead of $50. One of the most important aspects of this business is taking care of people.

Exactly!! And honestly even if they were a good friend of mine...and the client was a good friend of mine....I am still going to make my friend pay my other friend....even if its 100 bux...They need to eat too...But if you really want a table in any one of these venues. You shouldn't expect to pay $200 or $300 bux...you should want to!! Like I said before these are thee happening places and if your getting a table....especially if its all guys you need to understand that is a hook up!! So take care of the people that are taking care of you....