Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your BEST club night this year (2000)??

OK, this question was posed on NCC, and it might actually be nice to have a music/club-related topic for a change. So, what was your best club experience so far this year? And why?

Mine has to be S&D @ Twilo in April for their 3 year anniversery. The music was just incredible, and the laser show they had was the best I've ever seen. We left at 10:45am and it was still going strong.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PVD @ Twilo in July . . . fucking *amazing* . . . everything was ab so lutely perfect for me that nite - especially because i got to share the experience with Rob, all my friends, and my best friend and her boyfriend, who had never been to a club before . . . *loved it*

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Oh, man. There are a few nights which I could had died and been happy, but I think David Marvisi's b-day at Exit (6/3/00) was probably the best this year for me. It was the third time I went there, with Boris DJing there for the first time as its exception as Exit. On that night, I heard Spente Le Stelle AND Oompa Loompa for the first time. The women were beautiful and the music absolutly blew my mind away. I probably left at 9:30 in the morning.

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

to Ravermania: what? S&D?....hmmmm,

you threw me off feet with that one cwm24.gif

"PVD @ Twilo in July . . . fucking *amazing* . . . everything was ab so lutely perfect for me that nite - especially because i got to share the experience with Rob, all my friends, and my best friend and her boyfriend, who had never been to a club before "

that's actually the one and only night that I saw PVD in Twilo...great performance, incredible track selection

hehe, i'm stil trying to track down some of his tunes from that night

I think I've got 3 and they are all

at Twilo. The 3 year anniversary of SND

in April, the 2 year anniversary of Carl Cox

in July and New Year's Day with SND.

New Year's Day (Twilo roll) had a great vibe and SND

were relentless on the decks. The 3 year

b-day of SND had all of my buddies together

for the first time in long time and SND were

again relentless. As for the Carl Cox night,

I met my girlfriend there, enough said.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

OK -

1) Sandra Collins @ Gatecrasher/Limelight

2) PVD Twilo July - slammin (& sober)

3) Exit - the Friday before Memorial DAy- Tony Draper tore it up, Dave Sigmund VIP party with some nice trance /good crew....ACtually I'd have to make this #2, if you include the fucked up factor....

etc

etc

worst)Exit - One SAturday in Sept- Horrible combo of music and wack hits

------------------

Jewel Promotions invites you to CHECK OUT NYC's Newest PROGRESSIVE party SATURDAYS at WEBSTER HALL....

FOR GUESTLIST/REDUCED ADMISSION/INFO e-mail:

jewelz917@yahoo.com or mention the "Jewel" list at the door.

"NOT THE WEBSTER HALL GRANDMA USED TO GO TO"

Yeah, unfortunately I missed the NYE S&D party. Apparently DIgweed actually took to the dancefloor near the end of the night?? Thats pretty cool!

Sosultan - not sure what you mean?? cwm24.gif

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Three most memorable nights so far...

3. Anthony Pappa at Giant LA

2. Steve Lawler/ Dave Seaman Baby's Inside the Hard Rock in Vegas

1. Digweed -- GU019 taping show at the Mayan

but, wait-wait...what is the cut off date for nominations, because S&D on Friday and PVD on NYE might bump one or two off the list...

decisions... decisions... This is tough..

------------------

"Money is one thing, but soul is another."

megaman1.gifmegaman1.gifmegaman1.gifmegaman1.gif

Great topic...

Here's mine:

1. PVD @ Twilo in July...amazing night and sober. smile.gif

2. Sasha & Digweed in October ...Diggs ruled the night.

3. Sasha & Digweed in June...Communicate album release party...Sasha whipped out those ill breakz.

4. Tong, Pappa & Quivver @ Twilo...not only we got to see Tong's train wreck...but mainly we got to se Pappa and Quivver blow the roof off.

5. Seaman, Slacker, Pappa and Fortier in August...four great djs under one roof...a dark horse night of the year.

But...the S&D X-mas party is this friday...you know its gonna be off the meat rack. tongue.gif

------------------

duvet.gif

close the world...open the next...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

In no particular order:

the three year anniversary of S&D (Twilo). This was one for the record books.

Seaman, Slacker, Pappa and Fortier in August (Twilo). They just blew the roof of the place. What a line up of all stars.

Seaman and Nick Warren at Renaissance (Ibiza) - Not necesarailly a legendary night, but it was my first real baeleric experience and had to put it on the list.

Papa & Quiver (Twilo). Yea Tonggy was there too but for what reason I have no idea.

------------------

*************************I got to thank god for the music.

Twilo for this past PVD. I thought it was going to be a great night, to begin with. When out of LEFT FEILD, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world(Who lives in Florida frown.gif ), JUMPS ON MY BACK! he had flown in to suprise me. and we danced our asses off till they closed the joint!

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"Live for Twilo Fridays, The rest are just details" -Me

-----"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

tw.jpg

Sister Bliss/Richie Hawtin/Dave Seaman/Adam Freeland - Renaissance Tour (this past spring, forgot which month)

Binary Finary live@Gatecrasher tour (when I was studying abroad this past spring)

Anthony Pappa/Dave Seaman/Slacker@Twilo in August (I think August 4, awsome night, mad friendly people, best crowd I have ever seen at Twilo)

Well, yeah, I kind of assumed that we were talking about domestic nights out. But, if we wanna talk about foreign nights out, I think Oakenfold @ Pacha (Perfecto Closing party) in Ibiza on Tuesday September 12 was fuckin' amazing. He got on a 2:30AM and when we left he was still spinning at 8:30AM! He doesn't do this in the states - 2-3 hours maximum. And, that night, he dropped so many amazing tunes.

I was there with raver_mania and 2 other

friends. Read about it, if you'd like:

http://www.electrophobic.com/Ibiza2000/Journal.html

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Well, yeah, I kind of assumed that we were talking about domestic nights out. But, if we wanna talk about foreign nights out, I think Oakenfold @ Pacha (Perfecto Closing party) in Ibiza on Tuesday September 12 was fuckin' amazing. He got on a 2:30AM and when we left he was still spinning at 8:30AM! He doesn't do this in the states - 2-3 hours maximum. And, that night, he dropped so many amazing tunes.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4