Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just Announced! Sasha and Digweed at crobar 3/31 is 18+

I was under the impression that Crobar was doing very well in NYC. I want to hear from the person who started this thread the reason why they put this party to 18+. I would think that dampens the potential financial take from the night (despite the higher ticket prices for under 21), seeing as how for every person under 21 that the club lets in, that is one less person of legal drinking age that is in the club purchasing drinks. Add to that all of the people 21 and over that will just skip the party entirely now, as many on this thread have stated, just because it's now gone from what would have been a top shelf club night to something less than that.

I was under the impression that Crobar was doing very well in NYC. I want to hear from the person who started this thread the reason why they put this party to 18+. I would think that dampens the potential financial take from the night (despite the higher ticket prices for under 21), seeing as how for every person under 21 that the club lets in, that is one less person of legal drinking age that is in the club purchasing drinks. Add to that all of the people 21 and over that will just skip the party entirely now, as many on this thread have stated, just because it's now gone from what would have been a top shelf club night to something less than that.

your logic is all wrong, there will be a full house. there will be enough people who drink. also, the extra $10 for 18+ is for the money they wont make on them for drinks. they win because they charge a drink to the 18 year olds and they dont even give them one.

most countries dont even have age restrictions on clubbing... what about all those people under 21 that are actually going for the music? yea, they would have made more money if it would have been 21+ because it would have been packed regardless, and everyone in there could consume alcohol. but this way, they said 'fuck that, lets let anyone that wants to hear sasha & digweed play, come'. its more about the music, than it is about the money now

this is gonna be the party of the year, IMO

your logic is all wrong, there will be a full house

Oh, so people would just buy one drink and stop there? No one argued that the house would be anything other than full. It's not just about having a full house though. It's about having the right crowd.

the average person in a club buys 2 drinks. all of the people under 18 essentially are charged for 2 when they pay extra and dont get anything in return.

the club can care less about the type of crowd, as long as they are making money. bottom line.

dont u think that the reason crobar is doing more 18 + events might be because they make more money than on 21 + nights?

God damn it, Digweed tore it up last year at crobar and I so wanted to see him this year BUT its 18+ WTF.... Why would they pull shit like this they would fill the club anyways if it was 21+ and Screw VIP why pay that kinda money when ya spend the night on da dancefloor anywayz, just a waste of cash unless you like being a couch potatoe.

Making the event 18 and over has nothing to do with the amount of tickets already sold or making more money. Sasha and Digweed personally wanted to reach out to their younger fans and asked us if we would be willing to release a small amount of tickets available for 18 and over. crobar released ONLY a limited amount of 18 and over tickets (100 tickets to be exact). Tickets are selling fast so get them at www.crobar.com

-crobar

Yes!!!! How did u guess, thats exactly what I want. Trust me dude, I get enough attention, from so many people, the last thing I want is more. Im sorry you dont got VIP.

okay Paris... youre quite possibly the biggest tool ive ever heard in my life

the average person in a club buys 2 drinks. all of the people under 18 essentially are charged for 2 when they pay extra and dont get anything in return.

the club can care less about the type of crowd, as long as they are making money. bottom line.

dont u think that the reason crobar is doing more 18 + events might be because they make more money than on 21 + nights?

So the $7 Redbull($1.33 from distributors) and $6 water(costs 15 cents) 18yr olds buy at the club isn't makin the club any money ? Bottles maybe not, but the club still does pretty well at the bar, even if they aren't selling liquor as much.