Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon

I went there this fri 3-17. It was lame. Pretty much a sausage fest. But my standards of a good time is good looking girls, good music. I havent been to webster or spirit in a while, maybe it might be better there. I hate to say it but Avalon made me miss my sayerville club, abyss lol

Avalon hasn't been good since about 2 yrs. ago. Even when they still played house/tech/trance on the main floor, the crowd was terrible. Now that they have hip-hop/reagge crap playing there, I can only imagine how bad it must be. It's too bad though, b/c I really like the club itself, but the music and crowd is the worst.

Avalon hasn't been good since about 2 yrs. ago. Even when they still played house/tech/trance on the main floor, the crowd was terrible. Now that they have hip-hop/reagge crap playing there, I can only imagine how bad it must be. It's too bad though, b/c I really like the club itself, but the music and crowd is the worst.

all thanx to the new commercial hip hop generation

Yea i was @ avalon this summer when DJ SCOT PROJECT took the roof off that place music was sick .NOw since i had vip booth up top i was not part of the crazy azz crowd alot of sexi girls but most was 18 19 years of age at the least..but never the less great club but they need to get good promotion and better notch dj's

but never the less great club but they need to get good promotion and better notch dj's

It's not the promotion/management that is the problem. The people that work there are some of the best in the business and have been around it for a long long long time. I'll just leave it at that.

half of you hating probably havent been there in at least half a year... the same post came up on another board and the person started it was bashing Avalon and everything about it... turns out his last party there was Sasha New Year's Eve 2003 or 2004 (i forget which year)... ill be the first to admit that Fridays are wack, the crowd is terrible (packed most of the time but terrible)... but have any of you been to a Saturday there recently? just cos its not the same house house house house house house house week in and week out that Crobar and Pacha have, doesnt mean its not a quality party... it's been growing a pretty good reputation in the techno scene (techno, meaning "i love Marco Bailey" techno, not "I LuV TeChNoOoOoO Nd GuIdOsSsSsS" techno)... check it out sometime, you might hear something different... sure, id love to see some of the more known trance and house acts they used to pull in the past 3 years, but hey, theres always room for change and Avalon's lineup's been pretty refreshing as far as interesting music comes... the Avalon from early last year is a lot different than the Avalon of this year minus the Fridays... thats all i'm going to say