Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Bust!?!?

MY MOM addressed this to me this morning hahaha.. apparently there was also the use of drugs too that they caught and yes as we know this goes on everywhere.. I told her that, she just looked at me hahaha. Oh boy I think I am going to give her an ulcer when I move to the city.

u could name just about every club in U.S.A...........theres underage drinkin in all of them

I meant they shut it down for underage last night...aka raided.

MY MOM addressed this to me this morning hahaha.. apparently there was also the use of drugs too that they caught and yes as we know this goes on everywhere.. I told her that, she just looked at me hahaha. Oh boy I think I am going to give her an ulcer when I move to the city.

I <3 your mother. JK!

Took this article from another board!! good read!!

April 1, 2006 -- Seven trendy nightclubs were raided last night following a nine-month undercover drug probe, police said yesterday.

Police hit the clubs at 10 p.m., just as they were starting their Friday night parties.

Five Chelsea clubs were completely shut down:

* Club Deep, where undercover cops allegedly purchased marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy.

* View, where undercovers said they bought cocaine and ecstasy.

* Splash, where undercovers allegedly bought $2,700 worth of cocaine.

* Spirit, where cops said they witnessed assaults, including a stabbing; alcohol being served to minors, as well as drug use and sales.

* Avalon, where cops reported buying ecstasy.

One dazed and confused clubber at Avalon said musician Teddy Compton was in the middle of his opening act.

"Half way through the set, the volume just plummeted," said the woman, who asked that her name not be printed. "The NYPD just swarmed in. It was a hell of a lot of cops. The club was just shut down, nobody would tell us why."

Clubs Speed, on West 39th Street, and Steel Gym, on East 23rd Street, were issued "restraining orders," meaning they can stay open if they stop illegal activity.

At Speed, cops allegedly were offered sex for money, and spotted drug use.

In Steel Gym, undercovers reported buying the drug crystal meth.

"We visited most of these clubs in the past," said a police source. "It's not the first time we've seen this kind of activity."

wow wonder whats goona happen at pacha that night ...

Exactly. Ironic how "raid season" just passed a few months ago. Thats what I am nervous about now. Yeah the club opens at 8pm.. but we all know what the general thought of the "JP Army" is. Hopefully Pacha which I am sure they will be.. will be very selective in terms of who is allowed in and who isn't. I am not even sure now if its worth going at this point.

Big fuckin shock. New York has never been the same for mega clubs since the shitstorm that happened at Twilo and Tunnel. I learned a few years after the fact that I guy I was acquainted with at Sound Factory was in fact a DEA agent and you would never have known by looking at him. Get used to it, that person partying next to you may be NYPD or DEA.

Big fuckin shock. New York has never been the same for mega clubs since the shitstorm that happened at Twilo and Tunnel. I learned a few years after the fact that I guy I was acquainted with at Sound Factory was in fact a DEA agent and you would never have known by looking at him. Get used to it, that person partying next to you may be NYPD or DEA.

know your friends indeed.

* Club Deep, where undercover cops allegedly purchased marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy.

* View, where undercovers said they bought cocaine and ecstasy.

* Splash, where undercovers allegedly bought $2,700 worth of cocaine.

* Spirit, where cops said they witnessed assaults, including a stabbing; alcohol being served to minors, as well as drug use and sales.

* Avalon, where cops reported buying ecstasy.

So, when are they hitting wall street banking firms?

As for the return to SF/pacha for jp... i will not be in attendance for this first party.. i will enjoy my easter without a hangover this year!! i think there is to much BS goin on.. and i dont feel like paying 40/50 bucks to party for a an hour or two to have it get shut down do to raid or over crowding.. ill wait.. he will be there more than this party!!

Last night @ Club Blu, Staten Island, there were detectives busting balls about drinking, liquor license, etc. Granted, everything was in order, it was obvious something was up and not right. Club Blu, Staten Island was clean and will be open tonight for anyone without a party to go to. I don't mean for this to be a cheap plug, but for those now without a place to go, this is a REALLY good option. Mention Cynic guestlist for reduced, and lets all hope our friends over @ Avalon, Spirit, etc will be back up and giving us the sounds we love soon.

-Cynic

Club Blu

2912 Arthur Kill Rd.

Staten Island, NY

Guestlist/Bottle Service: Rob - 908-420-3421

I can't believe the NYPD have 9 months to waste on this... What is this really gonna change?

yeah so the venues get shut down, but they will reopen and the same shit will still go on...

The NYPD should stick to checking old ladys bags in the subway

did i mention i hate cops

i gotta speak my mind about this. i now live in South Jersey and kinda glad cause the cops in AC dont give a shit about people gettin fucked up in clubs or anything, as long as you dont bring it to the streets and keep it to your own self they are fine. People will do drugs no matter where you are. its not the club its not the music, its the people. just cause they have a place to go and do there drugs does not make the place a bad establishment. seriously if your a E head or a coke head and you have drugs but dont have a club to go to that night, what are you going to do, you will do ur drugs at your own damn house! period end of story! it just really pisses me off to see that a great city has there fuckin shitty cops all over nightclubs that seem to give alot of jobs to people and keep alot of people off the streets from causing more trouble. FUCK the NYPD. but i do miss nyc alot and will be up there soon. Please someone let me know what is hot and has sick music, IF anything is open in the next few weeks so me and my girlfriend can get out. would like to meet some new CP heads as well.

Thanks,

Jack Z

Guest gabo
LOL. Jersey. BWAHAAHHAHAHAHAAA :laugh:
yea I know clubbing in jerz sucks but its a matter of time before clubs dont want to open up after they put all this money into their club and 6 months later its closed down.