Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Itinerary - Vegas 2006 ::

lalate

coming down middle of May for a week, lookin to hit some of the clubs, any suggestion as to get in easiest or quickest? best times ? all suggestions welcome

Thanks,

I am really glad I joined this site before my trip, you guys are all great in here

RockitRik

coming down middle of May for a week, lookin to hit some of the clubs, any suggestion as to get in easiest or quickest? best times ? all suggestions welcome

Thanks,

I am really glad I joined this site before my trip, you guys are all great in here

RockitRik

:rock: plan, plan, plan. Thats what we tell people. You're on vacation. Who wants to spend their vacation waiting in lines.

any suggestion as to get in easiest or quickest? best times?

Depends on what you mean by "easiest and quickest."

Certainly the easiest and quickest way into a popular club is to work with a host and make a table reservation, or at the very least buy line passes. Then you can show up at the prime time and walk right in. In other words, do you want to spend the cash?

The other easy and quick way into a club is to pick the less-popular spots and/or go to a popular club on a slow night (note that some of the extremely popular clubs don't really have slow nights). You'll either walk right in or perhaps wait just a few minutes, but the question here is will you be happy with a half-empty club?

Truth be told, it's extremely easy to get into any club in Vegas. Provided you're willing to get in line very, very early. Are you willing to wait two hours in line outside a top club to ensure that you'll be inside before midnight? It's not hard... it just might be boring and tedious. And certainly not "quick."

If you line up for a major club on a big night between 9:00-9:30, you'll generally be in good shape to get in when they open. After 10:00pm, you're risking back of the line and a more fickle door staff by the time you reach them.

My recommendation for anyone lining up for any club is that it never hurts to get to the door 2 hours before a place opens. If there's no line, go grab a drink somewhere else and come back in half an hour (with another cocktail or two in hand), check the line and repeat the process as necessary. And if there's already a massive line 2 hours before opening, then you've got plenty of time to consider whether a 2+ hour wait is worthwile versus hitting another venue.

I totally agree with the "plan plan plan" statement. Just note that it's Vegas, thus "planning" means making your decision a few hours a head of time. :)

How/where do you buy line passes? Are they legit? Last time I was out in Vegas, we just paid off the bouncers to cut the line. What do you recommend? I'll be out there next week and it's just me and my boyfriend...thanks...

Depends on what you mean by "easiest and quickest."

Certainly the easiest and quickest way into a popular club is to work with a host and make a table reservation, or at the very least buy line passes. Then you can show up at the prime time and walk right in. In other words, do you want to spend the cash?

The other easy and quick way into a club is to pick the less-popular spots and/or go to a popular club on a slow night (note that some of the extremely popular clubs don't really have slow nights). You'll either walk right in or perhaps wait just a few minutes, but the question here is will you be happy with a half-empty club?

Truth be told, it's extremely easy to get into any club in Vegas. Provided you're willing to get in line very, very early. Are you willing to wait two hours in line outside a top club to ensure that you'll be inside before midnight? It's not hard... it just might be boring and tedious. And certainly not "quick."

If you line up for a major club on a big night between 9:00-9:30, you'll generally be in good shape to get in when they open. After 10:00pm, you're risking back of the line and a more fickle door staff by the time you reach them.

My recommendation for anyone lining up for any club is that it never hurts to get to the door 2 hours before a place opens. If there's no line, go grab a drink somewhere else and come back in half an hour (with another cocktail or two in hand), check the line and repeat the process as necessary. And if there's already a massive line 2 hours before opening, then you've got plenty of time to consider whether a 2+ hour wait is worthwile versus hitting another venue.

I totally agree with the "plan plan plan" statement. Just note that it's Vegas, thus "planning" means making your decision a few hours a head of time. :)

You can certainly get by with tipping doormen in vegas, especially if you know how to recognize the right ones to talk to and know how to avoid getting fleeced.

Line passes are only as legit as the hosts you get them from. In other words, don't buy them at random off the street, from cabbies or via eBay. Look through the threads here, you'll see who the VIP hosts are and contact them. If they haven't already contacted you.

You can certainly get by with tipping doormen in vegas, especially if you know how to recognize the right ones to talk to and know how to avoid getting fleeced.

Line passes are only as legit as the hosts you get them from. In other words, don't buy them at random off the street, from cabbies or via eBay. Look through the threads here, you'll see who the VIP hosts are and contact them. If they haven't already contacted you.

... and never buy anything while drunk unless you are paying attention lol. Did that yearssss ago. Was getting my Sicilian shoes shined on a Saturday (say that 3 times fast) outside of Light... the dude did the most amazing job on those shoes, he knew I was impressed (for I think a $5 shine)... I was ready tip him like $5 maybe.. then he's like, where you going? Im like Light. He's like here are some passes for tonight for free cuz your a cool dude (not that I really needed them). Im like, thats really nice of you <drunk>. Instead of tipping him $5, I think I threw him $20 in tip or something ridiculous. When I... stumbled out of the shoe shine room heading to Light, I then finally realized they said only good on like Tuesdays every Leap Year when Halley's Comet returns.

• 2 weeks later...
june is a good time to go. The last 60 days, esp 30 days, the rates for hotels have been awful.

i'm just worried that it will be slow b/c of the extreme heat at that time. but then, Vegas never gets "dead" i'm assuming.

i've been checking the room rates for THEhotel (haven't booked yet) for the past number of weeks and the rates have been going up. you think this will be the trend for the next month and I should book now? Same for airfare (jetBlue).

Two myths:

1. Myth: 115 isn't hot because it's a DRY heat. Truth: Stick your head in a convection oven and see if it's comfortable.

2. Myth: The heat scares away Vegas business. Truth: It may scare away some folks but the summer is the best time of the year to go clubbing and pool partying. Always crowded at the hot spots!

Two other myths:

1. Vegas hotel rates are explainable. lol

False. They can be outrageously expensive one night for the most unexplained reason and next door and another property from the same company can be dirt cheap. Dont ever assume "oh, this is a bad month, this is a good month" because the rates have huge fluctuations.

2. What you see is what you get.

Hardly. Ive watched room rates drop 45% in a few hours right before my eyes on hotel sites. Dont assume holiday weekend rates are most expensive the last second - also false. The only thing that is correct - if you see it cheap, book it. They will honor if it got cheaper, but they wont honor the lower rate once it races up again.

Don't forget one of the best parts of Vegas hotel reservations... except in extremely rare circumstances, you can cancel any reservation with no penalty whatsoever provided you give them 48-72 hours notice.

(and if you give less notice, you can usually talk them out of the penalty on on a busy weekend where they can re-sell that room for a much higher rate)

Room rates are skyrocketing cause of all the small shows in vegas. Also we have a big convention last week of may. I think more people are coming here during the weedays because rates are cheaper for airfare and hotels. Go to ay pool at 1pm and see cabanas are all filled and packed. Go to any nightclub even on a mon-thurs night ans still packed as all hell. People are getting smarter and doing more in the hotels where they are staying instead of getting out and about. Plus alot of people coming from cali to party, in fri out sun.

Plus alot of people coming from cali to party, in fri out sun.

Been that way for a while, and its not just clubgoers. Look at the license plate covers in the valet zone and you'll see Lexus of Santa Monica, Longo Lexus, Fletcher Jones, over and over again.

• 3 weeks later...