Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ct Clubs Suck!!!

CT clubs are so boring and MUSIC SUCKS especialy in New Haven. They dont get real djs and the ones there TALK TOO FUCKING MUCH. NYC is all about the music and dance. You cant find any real house or trance music in ct and if you do, its already 5 years old and its the same ones you here at all the other clubs. Ct people dont dance because they dont know how. There too far behind. Why do they play rockn'roll, hiphop, all in the same room? I DONT GET IT. When the play house music, nobody really likes. People make fun of it. But when u travel to the biggest in the country, thats what u here. I moving to nyc soon.

If you hear rock and roll and hip hop in the same place you probably went to hula hanks which is a themed beach club.. What do you expect them to play when they are geared to a different type of peopel then you..

there are a bunch of clubs in New Haven that play the same music every night with like 5 year old tracks..

try alchemy on a friday I play alot of brand new tribal and electro and people definitely get there dance on .. of course I mix in some hip hop because it is CT and we have basically no drugs in our clubs ..

Saturdays they play hoouse music all night long in Lounge 215 upstairs at alchemy.. good quality shit no bubblegum shit.. stop hating on the whole CT scene because you have gone to parties that are thrown by people who play old music because it is safe and easier to get a larger turnout if you play everyones favorite tracks all night every night one after the other..

I agree the New Haven scene is nothing like new york but we have limited amounts of people to draw from where New York has millions of people within a $5 train ride to the club and they can charge $35 - $50 to get in.. If we could charge $50 to get in to an event we would have every DJ that we could get in there, but when you deal with getting bitchy customers when you go up $1 in the cover when you have huge talent there isn't much else you can do..

Serge Devant Friday April 28th

Jonathan Peters SUMMER 2006 one night only

The only club worth going to in CT is Room 960 in Hartford. It's small (holds around 300) and has been bringing in some great talent lately (Howells, Donald Glaude, Gabriel & Dresden), and on Thurs. April 20th will be Sander Kleinenberg. Should be a good night.

I agree they are bringing in some great talent... they also charge $20 - $35 for an event..

Go there on a night when they don't have an event its not so great..

go to Alchemy whether there is an event or not the place is packed most nights.

They also need some major sound help up at 960.. too bad the place wasn't bigger..

Room 960 is bringing in great talet. You'll still never get the vibe (sound, crowd, etc) like you get in NYC. I notice at room 960 there isn't a lot of dancing, mainly people standing around listening to good music. That's fine on some nights, as for other nights, I like the Crobar or Pacha scene where you can actually sweat like crazy to the beats.

The only club worth going to in CT is Room 960 in Hartford. It's small (holds around 300) and has been bringing in some great talent lately (Howells, Donald Glaude, Gabriel & Dresden), and on Thurs. April 20th will be Sander Kleinenberg. Should be a good night.

what he/she said. (sorry)

room 960 brings in lots of talent...

I think howells was there thursday

Yeah took a trip to Room 960 fo Oscar G...nice lil spot out in Ct that is bringin in some big names. Besides closin at 2am I didn't know that the whole city stops servin alcohol at like 10pm...WTF.

Uhmmmmm they don't stop serving at 10pm. Maybe you got cut off. Last call is usually a little before 2am.

I agree they are bringing in some great talent... they also charge $20 - $35 for an event..

Go there on a night when they don't have an event its not so great..

go to Alchemy whether there is an event or not the place is packed most nights.

They also need some major sound help up at 960.. too bad the place wasn't bigger..

There's a surprise - alchemy guys talking shit about other clubs. Promote your club on its own merits. Alchemy (18+) and Room 960 are two VERY different clubs with two very different crowds. Apples and oranges.

And please explain to all of us the "major sound help" that is needed at 960 .... if you've ever even been there.

Well CT clubs arent the greatest of course, living so close to nyc how can you compare. 960 sounds like theyve been brining in alot of great talent, of course from me they are like at least an hr away. Id rather goto nyc for that. new haven is closer so I dont mind goto up that way, and alchemy does try to bring in talent from nyc at times. Course the vibe will never be the same but I dont have to spend $200+ to goto new haven, if not id be in nyc every weekend.

ct does have a few lil spots that are kicking.

of course, im partial to lounge 215 on sat nites. if you frequent this board...im pretty sure you will really enjoy the music. feel free to come up to myself or rob (the djs) and we will do our best to make sure your enjoing yourself.

if you wanna ck the music first....goto http://www.robertlafrance.com/PhoenixLiveSets.html

nate

Hate as u will - look at some of the guest djs that ct clubs are bringing in and not even trying to make money - actually losing money just to bring in great talent.

Plus - there isnt one radio station that plays dance music in ct. Shit we got our first hiphop station about 4 years ago!!! Hopefully a dance station will come along soon!!!

Also as far as all the cheesy music in the clubs - u can thank tight ass(dare I say racist) club owners & promoters. They open a club in New Haven or Hartford but dont want any residents of the city to come to their place so they play billie jean & y.m.c.a. all night!

People say that my spot is "ghetto" - which is bullshit by the way. Well whats wrong with having a mixed & friendly crowd that is there for good music & djs? If ya wanna wear your sunglasses at night and practice your "tough guy" pose thats cool too though - I guess!!!

Club Mor used to play a lot of NYC house & trance, but lately it has been replaced with mainstream Hip Hop!! That's why it's NOT as good as it used to be!! People here don't appreciate it, because people here are really lame... a bunch of herbs!! Most people in CT are either like chillin/drinkin and getting wasted at bars or thuglifeforsure types meaning mad ghetto!! It's rare to find folks in CT who are into house or EDM!! Besides Alchemy people say Gotham City or Gotham in New Haven plays decent house music too!!

To clarify a few things. The sound system is permanant, and the owner has been working hard to make major additions almost every week to 960 including, decor, furniture, accent LED lighting, club lighting, and most importantly, extra sound reinforcement. I would know since I slave myself personally every week to make sure the sound and lighting is up to par for the major artists that are brought through those doors. Of all the clubs in CT, as it stands, 960 sticks out the one of the more prestigious locations... For those concerned with the crowd following, the bottom right picture is a familar scene taken from one the many www.Boramusic.com events. Pictures speak louder than words.

room960c2jx.jpg

Room 960 is a staple in the clubbing community. And recently Boramusic has used the assistance of correlation production www.corrpros.com for video and occasionally, extra sound reinforcement. As soon as the budgets settle, I'm sure Room 960 will do nothing to continue bringing more quality artists and quality sound and lighting to support those artists.

And just to be technical, recently the club has purchased 2 more dual 18 subs and as soon as the system is properly hooked up to it's full potential, I'm certain a room it's size will be able to rival some of the best systems around. Also 960 incorporated Color Kenetics LED lighting to accent the lower VIP area and brand new drapery. Also a brand new Martin scx600 intelligent lighting setup was installed. These are the facts, and if anybody knows me, I just say it how it is. No B.S. Enjoy...

NRG

Place looks real nice, id love to check it out, its just it so far from me like I said before way up in hartford. Wish you guys were alittle closer to me. Maybe ill head up there sometime and check it out though. You guys def bring in some good talent.