Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Pacha Review

Trying to park was not cool....we drove past the club at first, to see if there was a line, luckily there wasn't one (4am)...I also noticed a guy outside of the club holding a huge BORIS AFTERHOURS sign and me and my friends just started dying laughing.... since the parking lot was filled (and having to exit the lot in reverse) luckily found a spot on 44th st...we walked to the club and there were a lot of ppl outside, obiously tweaked out(downing bottles of water)...started laughing again...got in... paid $50 and the place was slammed...noticed that we walked in during the tribal portion of his set (bangin')and we decided to go on the floor since the ppl upstairs were bugging us all out (funny as hell, but wierd, wierd, tweaked out ppl) I mean if someone is dancing crazy as hell on a staircase...they're definitely not sober...i think i seen ppl battling on a set of stairs...anyway after 25 minutes of walking through a lot of strange, strange ppl (goofballs with their shirts off, trannies, and ppl with their eyes popping out of their heads) we finally get downstairs...and the first thing we notice is JP's booth...honestly the shit looked awesome...Pacha's soundsystem is sick, so it complimented JP's music perfectly...Also noticed that JP was very animate while he was spinning (wondering why)...The music was off the hook...and it was apparent that everyone was having a good time..The one thing I really didn't like about his set was DIBIZA for 50 minutes...

all in all...we enjoyed the music, but was wierded out by all of the f'd up ppl.... I'll be seeing JP @ ICE in Vegas Memorial Day Weekend... so the S&M Party is a definite NO...

It seems like every DJ feels it's their obligation to play DIBIZA at least twice during a gig! I think in another couple of weeks people would get really sick of it. Like it was with "Say Hello" or "Megazone" - if I hear this shit ever again I know I'm gonna throw up.

Parking is actually one of the things I like about Pacha (about Cielo too). There are always spots around, but I usually end up walking 3 blocks. Anybody wants to share secrets on parking for Chelsea clubs on weekends?

So were any of those shirtless goofballs female? I mean, *really* female?

i've been reading about the dibiza binge on all the boards...which mix did he play? all 3?

i guess its kinda like how greatful dead or other jam bands used to play a song in excess, some people really get into it while others are bored to shit....i guess its HOW u play a song for a that long that'll put people to sleep or awake them from the hole.

You keep mentioning people not sober.

How you noticed all PAUL VAN DYK Parties have 4,000 ASIANS so Fucked up that they Can't walk.

Now, That is Disgusting.

hahaha and JP parties have 4100 Asians fucked up.... maybe not at Pacha but wherever else he played in New York City