Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sf footage

I know some people on here had the mtv true life I'm a Clubber and other videos about Sound Factory, so i was wondering if anyone could send them to me. I need them for a project im doing for school- thanks in advance

blaha

I know some people on here had the mtv true life I'm a Clubber and other videos about Sound Factory, so i was wondering if anyone could send them to me. I need them for a project im doing for school- thanks in advance

just make sure you make reference that this is only ONE type of scene and does not represent the overall worldwide culture of house music.

There's nothing from True Life I'm a Clubber on YouTube. I have been looking for the episode for awhile too.

i got it.....hit me up kid i send it .....shit is too funny specially the the crackhead chick......i see her sometimes in school lol ...she swears she stopped doin drugs lol lol

just make sure you make reference that this is only ONE type of scene and does not represent the overall worldwide culture of house music.

don't you think people know that? there is so many styles of house from classical house to tribal hard techno electro house......lol

don't you think people know that? there is so many styles of house from classical house to tribal hard techno electro house......lol

Sadly people dont know that, heres an example.

A 17 yr old hears the radio KTU some cheesy song with vocals and sythnsesizers. Next thign you know does a research on clubs for 18yrs old, JP is playing, 6 yrs later he/she only goes to jp parties only hears jps music and ktu with the occasional louie devito cd. And swears that jp is the greatest dj in the world and only really knows about his party and that scene ONLY.

^^true.... 16 year olds watching that MTV True Life episode suddenly became huge JP fans.... they coulda put anyone featured on that True Life and all the kiddies would have flocked around that DJ and say how much his "techno" music is banging....

^^true.... 16 year olds watching that MTV True Life episode suddenly became huge JP fans.... they coulda put anyone featured on that True Life and all the kiddies would have flocked around that DJ and say how much his "techno" music is banging....

man i wonder how many of his fans consist of people whose first party or dj they heard was jp.

I have it on VHS...I've never seen it online. I saw that dude Pete at Crobar a couple of weeks ago. I saw him there a couple months after it aired and said, "Hey man, way to represent SF." All his friends started laughing and he did not look happy...I guess he realized what a tool he looked like, hehe.

Sadly people dont know that, heres an example.

A 17 yr old hears the radio KTU some cheesy song with vocals and sythnsesizers. Next thign you know does a research on clubs for 18yrs old, JP is playing, 6 yrs later he/she only goes to jp parties only hears jps music and ktu with the occasional louie devito cd. And swears that jp is the greatest dj in the world and only really knows about his party and that scene ONLY.

So true. And its like that with all styles of music. People think the only stuff is the shit they play on the radio. It doesn't matter if its electronic music, rap, rock.

The sad part about all of this is that Jonathan is plain and simple wasted talent, who got caught up with the drugs and that part of this scene. Listen i went to Factory and heard Jonathan many a time and i have to say there were some nights you can say to yourself like damn that was not to bad. But then there are the other nights, the nights with the trainwrecks, putting a cd on a turntable, not being able to talk and just keep looping tracks for an hour at best. If kids like Jonathan so be it im sick and tired of putting JP fans down and for that matter Boris fans etc. If you like it good for you thats your style, i just feel i do not fit in anymore around that scene. So when you do this documentary, talk about how Jonathan what he was and what he is now. Talk about the scene in England and Chicago from the 80's, do the research. Descripe the differences, musically and culturally from one era to another. But do not make JP out to be a hero and pioneer and the 46th street SF the place where a legend was born. Yes in the eyes of some New Yorkers he is a legend and the man, gotta give hime some respect. Just do not focus all the attention to this one scene.

Silverbull you are a very educated should i say electronic music fan. I got to give you your props because you know your stuff and to be honest the further back i go with finding sets from some dj's across the world, im blown away as compared to now. But let the kids enjoy what they have now.

Long Live Carl Cox, still the man, still has it and truly loves what he does.

^^amen, with the Carl Cox part... although his sets as of late havent been anything to cry home about... i enjoy sets of his from ten, fifteen years ago... his live @ Crobar (Chicago) CD out on Moonshine Records like 6 or 7 years ago was insane... but yeah back to the JP discussion... ppl are so quick to say "JP knows how to work a track", the dont know that other DJs can do just as much, AND MORE with less equipment.... bringing Carl Cox back into the mix... ive heard sets where he has straight up 4 records going on at the same time... you dont need to loop a track and put an acapella over it for it to be "working a track"... Carl Cox is the real deal...

^^amen, with the Carl Cox part... although his sets as of late havent been anything to cry home about... i enjoy sets of his from ten, fifteen years ago... his live @ Crobar (Chicago) CD out on Moonshine Records like 6 or 7 years ago was insane... but yeah back to the JP discussion... ppl are so quick to say "JP knows how to work a track", the dont know that other DJs can do just as much, AND MORE with less equipment.... bringing Carl Cox back into the mix... ive heard sets where he has straight up 4 records going on at the same time... you dont need to loop a track and put an acapella over it for it to be "working a track"... Carl Cox is the real deal...

i love carl cox but i dont think you can play 4 records at the same time and it not sound horrible