Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Politics of Dancing 2 World Tour w/ PVD @ Central Park, Fri 8/18 & Sat 8/19

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I love both trance and deep/tribal house. No matter what, no matter how many parties, PvD, I will always remain loyal to you. lol. Paul van Dyk is classic. There is no doubt about it. No matter what DJ's come out, are in, are good, are ok, are great, are "sick", are "off the hook", got better...etc....

PAUL VAN DYK IS CLASSIC. He inspires me.

I love both trance and deep/tribal house. No matter what, no matter how many parties, PvD, I will always remain loyal to you. lol. Paul van Dyk is classic. There is no doubt about it. No matter what DJ's come out, are in, are good, are ok, are great, are "sick", are "off the hook", got better...etc....

PAUL VAN DYK IS CLASSIC. He inspires me.

Thats right girl...PvD is the best w/timeless tracks that are almost 10yrs old and has been in the top 5 for 7 years come October. He is truly a master at his craft. Can't wait till Central Park :-)

Thats right girl...PvD is the best w/timeless tracks that are almost 10yrs old and has been in the top 5 for 7 years come October. He is truly a master at his craft. Can't wait till Central Park :-)

It's great reading this. Very few and far between do I meet people who have mutual feelings about PvD. He's very deep.

Guest onisakura

Im gonna go, just cause its bound to be different. I think a few friends of mine are coming up for this from miami.

• 4 weeks later...
PvD is the best w/timeless tracks that are almost 10yrs old and has been in the top 5 for 7 years come October. He is truly a master at his craft. Can't wait till Central Park :-)

His 1st song, "Visions of Shiva", came out 14 years ago in '92 and his best remix ever, IMO, came out in '93 (Humate's "Love Stimulation").

If you're saying PVD has only been in the 'top 5' since '99 then I think you're missing out. Ever since DJ's became "HUGE" in the early 90's it was always him and Sasha as the main "int'l DJ's".

Don't let a limited knowledge of house music and DJ's slant Paul's impact on the scene in the early days.

His 1st song, "Visions of Shiva", came out 14 years ago in '92 and his best remix ever, IMO, came out in '93 (Humate's "Love Stimulation").

If you're saying PVD has only been in the 'top 5' since '99 then I think you're missing out. Ever since DJ's became "HUGE" in the early 90's it was always him and Sasha as the main "int'l DJ's".

Don't let a limited knowledge of house music and DJ's slant Paul's impact on the scene in the early days.

I based the top 5 of past 7 years on DJMAG. Kinda the official ranking for DJ's. Of course I didn't know where any DJ stood prior to 98 due to me having no knowlege of them.

I based the top 5 of past 7 years on DJMAG. Kinda the official ranking for DJ's. Of course I didn't know where any DJ stood prior to 98 due to me having no knowlege of them.

Well if you "kinda" don't have a clue to what you're talking about I wouldn't go around making statements about Paul only being the tops for the past 7 years. Next time instead of making a blanket statement that infers you're speaking facts I would say "ever since I've been in the scene" or "from the info I have". It's a lot better to cover your ass then to be offensive and leaving the door wide open for people who have known Paul since the begining. I just think it's a bit presumptuous for some Joe-Schmoe to make a statement like that just because you didn't have knowledge of what was happening in the scene before you decided to join in. With your statement you literally cut Paul's affect on the scene in half and I'm sorry but Paul was the shite from the first moment he put down that first LP on American soil in '93.

If you don't believe me listen feel free to that first set and please notice - he was NOT playing trance - in fact he played progressive house and when he did he played it very very very f*ckin fast - so fast we had never heard a DJ either play songs at that high rate of BPM or mix in and out of songs with such speed and skill:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

PLEASE BE ADVISED - These MP3's will only be available until 7/10 since I am not renewing my server after that date and unless someone else hosts these MP3's this is the only time you'll be able to get a copy of that first set. The man introducing Paul is Simon (Paul's 1st set happened at Simon's (the club)). The 2nd 1/2 of the last MP3 was my best friend of the time Chris Harshman who told me one of the highlites of his career is when he layed down "Te Amo" by Sultana as his first LP that night and Paul went bonkers over the song. If you listen closely when Simon is introducing Paul, and turn the volume up, you can hear me and my friends screaming and just how few of us were in the club that night (I can even point out which idiot screaming is me). There were only about 20 or so of us there since Paul was a virtual unknown before that night. 1/2 of us almost didn't go out because we were all like "Who's Paul?" (that actually ended up being the name of the 1st tape from that night via my naming convention since that's what I asked Chris when we were trying to decide if we should go out or just stay home and chill). This is the only place you can get these MP3's since I'm the only one who ended up with the tapes from that night. The inside joke of that night is the very begining of the 1st MP3 has a guy saying what sounds like "Just say hi to Paul" and we didn't know if a German DJ was trying to infer that in English. It was f*ckin classic (tho now listening to it it just sounds like he's saying "Just Hi to Paul" - don't know where we got "say" from....). To get the full affect just imagine being in some club thinking you're going to just hear some 'whatever' DJ. Then all of a sudden this comes on, you're x'ing your f*ckin ass off and what you hear ends up being the best set you've heard in your entire life. I mean song after song was the most amazing song we had heard and all I did that night, besdies dancing, was totally freak the f*ck out to Simon. If you recognize any songs I can guarantee you it's the first time that song was played in the USA - for example it was the first time Paul played his best mix, IMO, in America (Humate's "Love Stimulation). Sorry to type so much but this set is one of the biggest sets in history that changed how House music was perceived and played because Paul threw the level/bar of dj'ing and mixing so far up in the air after this that it never came back down. Listen to the mixes - we had NEVER heard anyone do that to LP's before and we had many famous DJ's, like Sasha, spinning their first American sets at Simon's. DJ's like Paul and Sasha just didn't "happen" to spin their first sets in the USA at Simon's for no particular reason at all. Simon's was the biggest club on the int'l DJ circuit scene and in fact in '94 Simon's was voted by 54 out of the top 100 int'l DJ's as the best club to spin at in the WORLD by a Mixmag poll (the DJ bible back then). I would imagine all the other clubs in the world divied up the remaining 46 votes.

So sorry to get a bit miffed at your original statement but according to you this set never happened.

Note to CP: Paul gave me permission to give out these MP3's last time I saw him.