Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Politics of Dancing 2 World Tour w/ PVD @ Central Park, Fri 8/18 & Sat 8/19

I wish paul played the simsons reunion :(

I was all for it and it could have easily have happened I bet. But Simon insisted only that the residents play. As we found out one night can't hold a lot of dj's anyways. Of course every resident should have been able to play but in the end it Chris Milo (DJ 3) who went on first and then Chris Gallahger (the 1st resident of Simon's around 91-92) and Chris Harshman (the resident headliner of Simon's 92-95) played.

Every DJ who's played for Simon has massive respect for him. To me Simon is the most incredible person I've met. If Simon had asked Paul and/or Sasha they would have done it simply because they love the guy. When Simon gave me the OK I even had dj's that played at Simon's after I quit going, like Steve Porter, wanting to play. Dubtribe, tho not Dubtribe anymore, wanted to play. I wasn't at a loss for DJ's that had names now. Simon could had his pick but he was right in going with the 3 Chris's since the residents after all are the core, heart, body and soul of most clubs. If you can find anyone who went to the Simon's reunion they will tell you Simon is the one that made sure everyone was taken care of that night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you "kinda" don't have a clue to what you're talking about I wouldn't go around making statements about Paul only being the tops for the past 7 years. Next time instead of making a blanket statement that infers you're speaking facts I would say "ever since I've been in the scene" or "from the info I have". It's a lot better to cover your ass then to be offensive and leaving the door wide open for people who have known Paul since the begining. I just think it's a bit presumptuous for some Joe-Schmoe to make a statement like that just because you didn't have knowledge of what was happening in the scene before you decided to join in. With your statement you literally cut Paul's affect on the scene in half and I'm sorry but Paul was the shite from the first moment he put down that first LP on American soil in '93.

Hey Chief CompJock, if you would of comprehended what I said in my earlier post, I said Paul was in the top 5 of the past 7 years according to DJMAG which is not my opinion nor a blanket statement. Its a fact genius, according to DJMAG's poll. In 97 he was #42 and 98 he was #6. Therefore he was in the top 5 in 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 (add them = 7 years). In no way am I cutting his affect on the scene by stating a fact once again and not my opinion. And you saying Paul was the shite since 93 is your opinion. After reading this I hope you learned the difference between FACT and OPINION. Next time do your homework before writing your thesis.

Hey Chief CompJock, if you would of comprehended what I said in my earlier post, I said Paul was in the top 5 of the past 7 years according to DJMAG which is not my opinion nor a blanket statement. Its a fact genius, according to DJMAG's poll. In 97 he was #42 and 98 he was #6. Therefore he was in the top 5 in 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 (add them = 7 years). In no way am I cutting his affect on the scene by stating a fact once again and not my opinion. And you saying Paul was the shite since 93 is your opinion. After reading this I hope you learned the difference between FACT and OPINION. Next time do your homework before writing your thesis.

Dude you were obviously not around back then. I can't state what was going on in '97 or '98 since I got out of the scene in '95 but I know for a fact what the music scene in the US was like back then. There were basically 2 main DJ's in the begining - Sasha and Paul. Maybe Florida was very a-typical but go get someone who was in the scene back then and try telling them Paul was not one of the top DJ's in the scene and didn't make a HUGE splash from the 1st moment. If you tried stating he was around "#42" or something I think they'd fall over laughing. They'll tell you his grip on the scene back then was just as firm as it is now. I hardly think reading back issues of mags is any comparison from living it first hand every weekend night for the 1st 5 years. In my scenes there's usually not a bigger music freak then me and if you don't believe me ask any DJ that's come into contact with me - ask Paul if you get a chance. Say "Michael from Simon's" and he'll know exactly who you're talking about and he'll tell you I was the biggest freak at his first set. If you know any DJ's from the NYC electro scene ask them what "McMike's" biggest passion is. Altho having a HUGE music passion in FL was common back then, it's kinda really rare in the NYC nightlife and it's my one trait that makes me stand out and, like Paul, some DJ's really dig it.

hye guyz please help me win this contest and give me a chance to be a part of this event and to meet PVD....i love trance and i would love to share this experience with you...all you have to do is buy your presales from the site on the flyer, which is www.madeevent.com/Javier/ this would be great thank you so much for your help..and hope to see you there

promopvdflyeroriginal-1.jpg

Dude you were obviously not around back then. I can't state what was going on in '97 or '98 since I got out of the scene in '95 but I know for a fact what the music scene in the US was like back then. There were basically 2 main DJ's in the begining - Sasha and Paul. Maybe Florida was very a-typical but go get someone who was in the scene back then and try telling them Paul was not one of the top DJ's in the scene and didn't make a HUGE splash from the 1st moment. If you tried stating he was around "#42" or something I think they'd fall over laughing. They'll tell you his grip on the scene back then was just as firm as it is now. I hardly think reading back issues of mags is any comparison from living it first hand every weekend night for the 1st 5 years. In my scenes there's usually not a bigger music freak then me and if you don't believe me ask any DJ that's come into contact with me - ask Paul if you get a chance. Say "Michael from Simon's" and he'll know exactly who you're talking about and he'll tell you I was the biggest freak at his first set. If you know any DJ's from the NYC electro scene ask them what "McMike's" biggest passion is. Altho having a HUGE music passion in FL was common back then, it's kinda really rare in the NYC nightlife and it's my one trait that makes me stand out and, like Paul, some DJ's really dig it.

For the last time, I was making a reference to DJMAG. Obviously everyone has their own top DJ's that do it for them. You being the biggest music freak makes you feel great, then thats awesome. But please don't let it cloud your mind to the point your not reading what I am saying. You don't need to prove yourself out of desparation for me to ask Paul if you were the biggest freak at his first set. Anyways, I am looking foward to Aug 18th.

• 2 weeks later...

this is gonna be my first time going, i have a quick question are they gonna serve liquor at this event. or do you think i would get away with sneaking the little bottles of vodka with me. or should i just drink before i get there.

this is gonna be my first time going, i have a quick question are they gonna serve liquor at this event. or do you think i would get away with sneaking the little bottles of vodka with me. or should i just drink before i get there.

You will be frisked before you go in. Almost certain. Just go there buzzed.

I know they sell beer.

hey guyz if you havent baught your presales yet. dont wait any longer visit. Made Event's Get Made in Central Park Contest: Javier for tickets, and help me win and meet pvd.. i would appreciate your help..thank you so much...

I've already met him once before. He did a promo with my agency. If i see a member of his staff that i know there I might be able to do something if you really want to meet him.

I've already met him once before. He did a promo with my agency. If i see a member of his staff that i know there I might be able to do something if you really want to meet him.

that would be awesome, but first i have to win this contest,. i dont have the money for the trip so winning is my only choice..wish me luck..thx..

im gonna go with all 3... the more alcohol the merrier..

i dont think u can sneak a whole bottle in there lol

iam mixing my drinks at home then puttin them in a water bottle and just put it in my back pocket cause they dont search from wat i rememeber

they do have been and wine at the venue tho but the lines suck so unless you get there early you wont have a prob