Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are The Victor Calderone Evolve Partys Gay!!!!!

The homophobia and segregation between the straights and the gays at the Evolve party is hillarious ....and typical.

Last Sat. as soon as Calderone came on ...the straights ran for the balconys.

LOL

I don't know, I've been to countless mixed parties in NYC and elsewhere, and there was no 'segregation' per se.

So I'm just going to say it the way I see it because I'm losing patience a little bit : I think the first floor/second floor segregation (note that it stems from straights leaving the floor) has to do with the fact that a lot of the crowd at Crobar are (sorry but) uneducated in the real New York nightlife (Boris's Believe does not cut it), or any nightlife for that matter (Ibiza, London, ...).

New York used to be RULED by gays, from the Garage to the (27thSt) Sound Factory, Studio 54, you name it. Dance Music is the same exact story. Same in London, Ibiza, ...

So the fact that those folks freak out because of some shirtless bodies is the obvious proof that they either didn't frequent the right spot or just don't know much yet ... whatever. Victor is where he is because of 'The Boys' so let's be thankful and grow up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The homophobia and segregation between the straights and the gays at the Evolve party is hillarious ....and typical.

Last Sat. as soon as Calderone came on ...the straights ran for the balconys.

LOL

my straight friends and I usually hang out on the main floor at Calderone parties and I've never noticed any visible homophobia :confused:

actually no.. i really could care less and if i want to dance someone better move on the main floor or up stairs.

i went on the gayest of gay nights at crobar, i went to VC's party pride weekend at crobar 05.. loads of fun. i have yet to bring my gf to one but she keeps bugging me to go. and having your gf or female with you really wont help you unless you seriously look like an asshole, ive gone with female friends and get hit on grabbed allll the time.. but if i go with my gay friends funny how no one bothers me.. ha

i remember ghhhhost came to a VC party with these 4 black dudes that looked mad shook and the dudes wouldnt leave the prop room.. lol

but i do have to admit i def dont like to get herb'd by trannies at show, that shit is annoying.

Not the biggest fan of Victors parties, it's like 80% gay and it scares the shit out of me cuz it's a much older gay crowd and all of them have their shirts off....reminds me of an alegria party with a few girls in it

I Have Been To 2 Evolve Partys Before And I Felt Pretty Out Of Place When I Was On The Dancefloor And Nothin But Gay Guys All Around. I Have No Problem With Gay People But It Was A Strange Night.

WElcome to 2006 :)

calderone nights are a complete snoozefest not only is the music extremely monotonous and boring but there are 8 million guys running around all drugged up on tina
8 million huh?didnt know Crobar was the size of Ny state as far as Tina goes ..theres no tina here darling can you move?As far as Vic,if you think hes a snoozefest well than thats about as logical and right of an answer as 8 million guys running around doing tina.gimme a break!!!!

Afterhours were first started from the gay people and in every afterhours party there is a presence of a gay crowd.

No party is too straight at 12noon. Especially one in Chelsea.

The later it gets the more gay people show up, while some girls leave ( most girls don't do afterhours)

Victor Calderone is an amazing dj, he attracts a diverse mixed crowd, the venue is music driven and part of what makes it so amazing is the fact that the crowd gradually changes from mostly str8 to mixed/gay.

rule #159: gay parties are better

that would depend on what you are looking for ...but i will say that the gay population in this world influences everything in pop culture. whether you like it or not, whether you know it or not. from fashion, to music, to movies, to art, theatre you name it GAYS have the MOST INFLUENCIAL HAND. i'm a straight chic but i give credit where it's due. most straight homo-phobes would gag to find out how many "gay" styles they where, etc.

where do think the guidos got the idea to take their shirts off, LOL!!!

accept it, now get on with your life

i remember ghhhhost came to a VC party with these 4 black dudes that looked mad shook and the dudes wouldnt leave the prop room.. lol

yess yesss...i warned them too..i was like u guys SUUUUUUUUREEEE u wana go to crobar tonite? they were all about it...

funniest shit is my friend Ant who has no experience with trannies was getting hit on by 2 "lentleman"...we let him hang out there for 10 mins but i had to step in and school him to the game

great music tho as always...from vinyl to crobar...VC always rocks it..and it doesnt really matter what kind of party it is...