Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar VS Pacha

Crobar VS Pacha  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Crobar VS Pacha

• Crobar
    • Pacha

Im just sayin, remember when this boars was SF VS Exit. When I first started on this board this stuff was open conversation. As I see it, these are two of the nicest venue's to go to, and I'd like to see open opinion. When Pacha first opened it caught alot of flack, now it seems to be a respectable club. I know there's many more clubs to go to, but remember Exit VS SF, shore CD's. Whats your opinion?

exit vs sf arguement vs crobar vs pacha, well crobar and pacha blow exit and sf out of the water easily.

As for just between crobar and pacha personally i love pacha the main room and sound better than crobar. They both are doin what they can to bring in talent froma ll over the world on many different music geners. Both are also allowing some local talent to play in its other rooms. So i would say as much as im not really into big rooms, they both are doing a good job.

Personally my fave club in nyc is CIELO.

Alpha Dynacord is arguably the top sound system in the country. Literally. Imported from Germany, there are only three such systems in the States: one in Space Miami, one in Rain in Vegas, and now one at Pacha.

With the excitement of a 13-year-old, legendary sound architect Lord Toussant was kind enough to give me a detailed, comprehensive overview of the Alpha Dynacord system…99% of which went over my head. I can barely connect the iPod to my computer. And when I do, half the time I get that damned "Device Not Recognized" message. Which makes me want to visit the iPod "genius counter" with a shotgun.

http://www.clubplanet.com/news/archive/sneak_peek_at_the_biggest_club_opening_of_the_year.asp

Pacha's System is garbage... Not clear at all, you cannot hear all of the samples in the tracks that are played on it.... It is not a leveled system..Hi's, Mid's, Low's... The Dynacord system that is in Space Miami is set up much better.. Crobar's system on the other hand i think is much better. You can never go wronge with a Phazon. The entire system is levels out, you have your Hi's, Mid's, and Low's. Crobar is also a much bigger space with a high Roof. I think the best system in NYC is by far Spirit!

All - IN - ALL = Crobar is a much better club! The best staff, great Resident DJ'S, Great System and they are booking Massive Lineups' every single month.

both are very good but i have to say i like crobar better, they just keep bringing in some of my fav dj's (sander,danny t,carl cox,sasha,digweed, ect. ect.)week in and week out. i just saw there lineup for june and now i have to say they are hands down the best club in nyc at the moment. if they could just get carl cox as a monthly resident it would be heaven.

I like Pacha cause its alot more intimate...however they really need to do something about the A/C on the 3rd Flr...jeez, the place is like an oven!!

but I voted for Crobar since I usually go there and I would be a hypocrite

• 3 weeks later...

I Think Crobar Is Awesome The Talent With The Djs They Have Booked Every Other Weekend Plus The Environment Is More Clubby.i Feel Patcha Feels More Like Our Walking Into Hell.kinda How It Felt Walking Into Factory!

As a venue, I like Pacha better. The sound is much better. I also like the fact that it's actually dark in there (Crobar is so bright you could read in there if you wanted). Pacha also brings in talent that for whatever reason NYC doesn't get to see very often (JZ, Sven, Farina, Migs, Liebing, etc). I also like the fact that if you're not feeling the main room you can just chill in the basement and still hear good music. The only negative about Pacha for me is that it's often empty which causes it to lack a real vibe (it has the same problem as Spirit). Both Pacha and Crobar book great talent, the only difference is that Pacha's bookings seem to focus on DJ's that we don't get very often while Crobar's seem to focus on who can bring in the numbers. I hope Pacha can stay afloat long enough to find its niche and bring in the consistent numbers it needs to suceed...

Guest onisakura
As a venue, I like Pacha better. The sound is much better. I also like the fact that it's actually dark in there (Crobar is so bright you could read in there if you wanted). Pacha also brings in talent that for whatever reason NYC doesn't get to see very often (JZ, Sven, Farina, Migs, Liebing, etc). I also like the fact that if you're not feeling the main room you can just chill in the basement and still hear good music. The only negative about Pacha for me is that it's often empty which causes it to lack a real vibe (it has the same problem as Spirit). Both Pacha and Crobar book great talent, the only difference is that Pacha's bookings seem to focus on DJ's that we don't get very often while Crobar's seem to focus on who can bring in the numbers. I hope Pacha can stay afloat long enough to find its niche and bring in the consistent numbers it needs to suceed...

Couldn't have said it better myself.