Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar VS Pacha

Crobar VS Pacha  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Crobar VS Pacha

• Crobar
    • Pacha

I like Pacha as a club better than Crobar, but I would have to give the edge to Crobar when it comes to talent, but Pacha is starting to step it up with there talent, def would love to see Carl Cox again at Pacha or Lawler, give it time, they will be as good as Crobar with the talent situation. As of now they are doing better, money wise, with JP and Morillo and a few others.

I prefer pacha as a club i think it looks better than crobar and the sound is more to my liking. Also they have been bringing in some good techno dj's. Before pacha opened up i was goin to crobar almost every other week so im kind of tired of the place now

I would have to say Crobar is better hands down and by far. They bring in the talent that draws a crowd. Pacha may bring in DJs that aren't booked often in the area. Well maybe there is a reason they aren't booked often. Bringing in Chus and Ceballos, Calderone etc. just draws the crowd. I think the set up in Crobar is by far better. I always thought factory/ pacha had an average set up at best. It just looks too small lenght and width wise for how its set up. Neither set up is bad but Crobar brings the DJs who bring the vibe. And isnt that what counts is the DJ and the crowd. It seems pacha only makes money when they have JP, Morillo or Richie Santana there. While Crobar just does it week after week. if i had my choice to spin one or the other I would say Id pick Crobar. Even though Ive spun at pacha already

I would have to say Crobar is better hands down and by far. They bring in the talent that draws a crowd. Pacha may bring in DJs that aren't booked often in the area. Well maybe there is a reason they aren't booked often. Bringing in Chus and Ceballos, Calderone etc. just draws the crowd. I think the set up in Crobar is by far better. I always thought factory/ pacha had an average set up at best. It just looks too small lenght and width wise for how its set up. Neither set up is bad but Crobar brings the DJs who bring the vibe. And isnt that what counts is the DJ and the crowd. It seems pacha only makes money when they have JP, Morillo or Richie Santana there. While Crobar just does it week after week. if i had my choice to spin one or the other I would say Id pick Crobar. Even though Ive spun at pacha already

Perfectly said in a nutshell

Scenario I HAVE WITNESSED FIRST HAND ..

a girl is online for crobar, on her cell phone yapping away how she is online for the hottest party in the city .. and exactly 40 feet away, directly parellel to her is another girl, on line for Quo regurgitating the same sentence on her cell phone... HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU BOTH IN LINE FOR THE HOTTEST PARTY IN NYC .. AND NOT ON THE SAME LINE!?

when did 27th street become the strip mall of night life in NYC!?

3 Apr 1961 Edward Regen Murphy born, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY.

1980 Joins Saturday Night Live.

8 Dec 1982 48 Hrs.

1982 Eddie Murphy is nominated for a Grammy (under the category Best Rhythm & Blues Instrumental Performance) for the instrumental version of "Boogie in Your Butt."

5 Dec 1984 Beverly Hills Cop.

1985 Eddie Murphy releases How Could It Be, featuring the hit dance track "Party All the Time," written and produced by Rick James.

25 Nov 1987 Eddie Murphy Raw.

Feb 1992 Stars as the Pharoah in a video for the Michael Jackson song "Remember the Time."

18 Mar 1993 Marries Nicole Mitchell.

2 May 1997 Around 4:45am, Eddie Murphy picks up pre-op transsexual prostitute Shalomar (aka Atisone Kenneth Seiuli) on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood. Unfortunately, this happens to be inside a "prostitution abatement zone" designated by the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department. Deputies pull over Murphy's Toyota Land Cruiser, arrest his passenger for outstanding warrants, and release the celebrity.

2 May 1997 Eddie Murphy tells Entertainment Tonight: "I love my wife and I'm not gay. I'm married with three children. I'm not going to be out there screwing hookers off the street or anything like that. I'm just being a nice guy... I was being a good Samaritan. It's not the first hooker I've helped out. I've seen hookers on corners... and I'll pull over... and they'll go, 'Oh you're Eddie Murphy, oh my God,' and I'll empty my wallet out to help."

10 May 1997 Saturday Night Live airs the sketch "Good Samaritan Eddie Murphy." Tim Meadows plays a superhero who travels the streets of Los Angeles by night, driving transsexuals from place to place. Host John Goodman plays one of the transsexuals.

11 May 1997 In its May 20 issue, the National Enquirer runs the story "Eddie Murphy's Secret Sex Life: His Transvestite Hooker Tells All."

May 1997 The Globe runs the story "Eddie Murphy's Sick Obsession With Drag Queens!" with the subhead "H'wood Stunned by Superstar's Secret Double Life as Cops Catch Him With Transsexual Hooker."

13 May 1997 Eddie Murphy files $5 million libel suits against the National Enquirer and The Globe.

30 Jul 1997 Eddie Murphy drops his lawsuit against the National Enquirer, and agrees to reimburse the tabloid for its legal fees. Murphy's lawyer also claims to have previously settled with The Globe.

31 Jul 1997 National Enquirer editor Steve Coz warns: "If you're going to go after the Enquirer, you'd better be damned sure of your facts."

Jun 1997 In the Gay & Lesbian Times Nicole Ramirez Murray declares: "For well over a decade, it has been known among the drag queen and transsexual underground that movie star and comedian Eddie Murphy dated numerous drag queens. One San Diego native, Summer St. Cerely (aka Alfie) has already sold her story to The Globe and appeared on many talk shows. Another local San Diego queen who still lives here and had an affair with Murphy is the ever-sexy and beautiful blonde bombshell Evelyn Thomas (Queen of Queens III and a former Miss Gay San Diego titleholder), who told me that she remembers that Murphy's "private part" curved like a banana! Another gorgeous drag queen, Mercedes Alexander... has also been splattered all over the press for her affair with Murphy... What makes this so outrageous and Eddie Murphy such a hypocritical asshole has been his years of anti-gay jokes and vicious attacks on our community earlier in his career. Yes, Eddie, every dog has its day and you deserve all that you're getting."

22 Apr 1998 Atisone Seiuli falls to her death trying to enter the fifth-floor window of her Koreatown apartment from the roof, after having accidentally locked herself out.

9 Jul 2001 People magazine quotes Eddy Murphy as saying: "Anytime you see me in a leather suit with the leather gloves equals a period when I was not grounded."

16 Aug 2002 After sitting on a shelf for two years, The Adventures of Pluto Nash finally opens in theaters. The $100 million film rakes in a grand total of $4,411,102, making it the least profitable film in the history of motion pictures.

After hearing David Morales there on Saturday, I voted for Crobar.

I agree with everyone who said that Pacha is a nicer space with a much better sound system. I also really hate that you can barely dance in the main room @ Crobar because there are idiots walking pointlessly across the dance floor all the time pushing people aside, and those include bouncers too. However it feels like all good things about Pacha go to waste because it is often empty or full of ugly crowd.

I think that if Pacha books DJs who can bring in numbers, then we'll see the same diverse crowd there as @ Crobar, and then Pacha would easily beat Crobar in every respect. Until then - Crobar wins.

btween PACHA AND cROBAR I PREFER PACHA....the crobar crowd just have no manners and the sraight girls ar pretty bitchy and even the janitors oftentimes have attitudes...

i really like cain...it is really fun and it takes you into another world AND THE PEOPLE ARE HIGH VALSS YOU ACTUALLY fell transported to an AFRICAN worldand ther is so much positive energy in there...it is really top notch yA'LL WOUL LOVE IT THERE.