Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can’t we all get along?

I am very disappointed with Crobar NYC. There has been rumors that the club has not been letting any asians in. I have decided to test the theory myself and these past two weeks I have been demoralized by the fact that the rumors are true. I was turned away twice on Saturday nights, once on Calderone and the other on Boris. Since I do not know the name of the individual who rejected us, I will call him the Crobar Line God for now since he looks so happy doing his job of choosing who gets into the club.

The first night he turned us away on Calderone night. Reason given was because my party was all guys. All guys - the crowd that usually listens to Calderone are all guys, if you know what I mean! The following week I tried to enter Crobar again, this time dressed very GQ just to avoid any reasons for turning us away and as soon as we got to the velvet ropes, the Line God said 'You're not welcome here. You have to leave now.' I kid you not, those were his exact words. How rude and unprofessional was this guy? After further discussion with people along the block and witnessing other asians getting access denied, I came to the conclusion Crobar was definitely prohibiting asians into the club.

Perhaps two weeks is not long enough to spot a trend, but I want to make sure the word is out. What have asians done so wrongly that we are not allowed inside? I pay my taxes and I work hard like all US citizens. Why is the color of my skin and my money not welcome in their club? Race is undoubtedly a very sensitive issue for us all. For a so-called upscale club like Crobar to promote racial profiling, they should rename the club to Hobar, which apparently many upset patrons has already begun calling the club.

My mission is to get the word on the street and bring awareness that charging 8 bucks for a Heineken is insane but racial profiling is criminal.

yo dont feel so bad. I dressed in black face and got turned away from a KKK rally. Shit happens man!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I can't believe that.

I personally have never been denied entry into Crobar and I can understand its wanting to keep these creepy cracked out Chinese out but to deny entry based solely on race is profiling and completely illegal. A place open to the general public cannot deny entry on the basis of of a class of people (race) unless it wants a class action lawsuit against it.

I say somebody should record this happening and sent it in to Dateline or the local news channels or the NY State Attorney General's office.

just dress kinda gangster and say ur there for the hiphop :-P

the fob asians are usally the druggies... i know cause my asian buddies arent fobs and they all anti drugs :-( those pu$$ies lolz

yup. quite an american delicacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Chinese_cuisine

although, the exact orgin is unknown... perhaps the crobar line god who was able to detect at a glance the fob in me knows?

stay mellow. :clap2:

I know that an egg roll isn't something I'll find on the menu in China... it just sounds funny when you say as American as egg rolls.

Bottom line is this; stay out of Crobar.

Why hasn’t anyone from crobar posted any comments about this rumor? Usually when ever anyone has a question about crobar, crobarphil or crobaralex answers it in a very timely fashion. Just a thought

Isn't it obvious? Because Crobar hates asians!

Isn't it obvious? Because Crobar hates asians!

I wonder if theres some kind of suit one can file against the club for discrimination.....since it's a private nightclub i think they have the right to let whoever they want in the club and exclude the people they dont want in there so im not sure there's much one can say about the whole asian situation.....needless to say it makes them look pretty bad

I wonder if theres some kind of suit one can file against the club for discrimination.....since it's a private nightclub i think they have the right to let whoever they want in the club and exclude the people they dont want in there so im not sure there's much one can say about the whole asian situation.....needless to say it makes them look pretty bad

They can let in whomever they want.

and I think it's pretty good. The fucking asians in Crobar drive me crazy.

Yes...Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits places of public accomodations including nightclubs, hotels, restaurants, gas stations, movie theaters and other places from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion or national oprigin. This law also authorizes the US Dept. of Justice to sue the owners to prevent future discrimination and it also allows anyone who suferred the discrimination to file a private suit for monetary damages.

Yes...Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits places of public accomodations including nightclubs, hotels, restaurants, gas stations, movie theaters and other places from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion or national oprigin. This law also authorizes the US Dept. of Justice to sue the owners to prevent future discrimination.

interesting....But i think the nightclub can always argue that they are turning people away under different circumstances such as the way they are dressed or something....Im sure a case can be made if there is some kind of massive petition and if it reached a higher court maybe something could be done...

interesting....But i think the nightclub can always argue that they are turning people away under different circumstances such as the way they are dressed or something....Im sure a case can be made if there is some kind of massive petition and if it reached a higher court maybe something could be done...

Since the law allows private lawsuits by people who suffered the discrimination, if a discriminated against individual recorded (maybe on a bell phone) what went on with persons of one race being taken off the line no matter what their dress, sex, etc., then the individual can sue in federal court for money.

They can let in whomever they want.

and I think it's pretty good. The fucking asians in Crobar drive me crazy.

Amen brother. I am so glad to hear this. Finally someone is doing something about the cracked out asians. This just gives me more of a reason to go to crobar. I have to admit I am gonna miss the laughs, I mean when u see a 40 something year old Asian guy doing Karate moves across the whole dance floor, its always good for a chuckle.

Great Job Crobar, Keep it up!!!!!

And for all you goood Asians out there, im sorry fellas, but you have to see where all of us are coming from

Amen brother. I am so glad to hear this. Finally someone is doing something about the cracked out asians. This just gives me more of a reason to go to crobar. I have to admit I am gonna miss the laughs, I mean when u see a 40 something year old Asian guy doing Karate moves across the whole dance floor, its always good for a chuckle.

And for all you goood Asians out there, im sorry fellas, but you have to see where all of us are coming from

I hate to admit it, but I'm glad!..The cracked out Asians was my main reason for quitting Crobar. They're rude, pushy, and I dont even want to get started how fucked up the women get in the bathrooms..just gross...

I know there are good ones out there....sorry..also..

They dont differentiate betweeen the cracked out asians and the regular ones...otherwise i dont think there would be so many complaints....

The worst is when you are standing somewhat close to them, and they just figure it's ok to jump into you repeatedly... listen you dumb fuck, I'M NOT ASIAN TOO... I don't want your sweaty cracked out self jumping into me.

I hate to admit it, but I'm glad!..The cracked out Asians was my main reason for quitting Crobar. They're rude, pushy, and I dont even want to get started how fucked up the women get in the bathrooms..just gross...

I know there are good ones out there....sorry..also..

What do you mean? Like asian women orgy's in the stall? Please describe for Howie's enjoyment.