Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Crobar Personel

They are *trying* to create law by bringing these suits, but no judge has ruled on any such case, and no legislation has enacted any such law, so it remains, as I have said, NOT LAW. These clubs settle because they do not want it even come up for review. I know what I am talking about, stop trying to contradict me with dated press releases slanted to support elected officials. Shithead.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they can see normal like "us" since they have slanted eyes and all hmmm...

I wonder if the groundwater in jersey is tainted, because most people that come from there have low IQ's and little to no cognitive development.

They are *trying* to create law by bringing these suits, but no judge has ruled on any such case, and no legislation has enacted any such law, so it remains, as I have said, NOT LAW. These clubs settle because they do not want it even come up for review. I know what I am talking about, stop trying to contradict me with dated press releases slanted to support elected officials. Shithead.

It is law -federal law- Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

YES..i agree..

BUT..they didnt discriminate against solely asians..therefore it holds no weight

Groovie Poo I hate to say you are wrong, but again you are wrong.

These clubs all settle because going to trial will either put the owner in jail or shut their clubs down

here is a club in NYC that did not let asians in:

I hope you are next crobar!

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2003/jun/jun03b_03.html

Department of Law

120 Broadway

New York, NY 10271

Department of Law

The State Capitol

Albany, NY 12224

For More Information:

(212) 416-8060

For Immediate Release

June 03, 2003

SETTLEMENT WITH MANHATTAN NIGHTCLUB ENDS INVESTIGATION OF DISCRIMINATION ALLEGATIONS

State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer today announced a settlement that resolves an investigation of a Manhattan restaurant/nightclub's admission policies that were based on race or national origin. The establishment would routinely turn certain patrons away in an effort to maintain what it believed was a racial or ethnic "balance".

Under the terms of the agreement, the restaurant/nightclub, formerly called Remedy Restaurant and Lounge, located at 36 East 20th Street, now doing business as Anju, will reform its admission policies to conform to state and federal civil rights law. In addition, the club's managers will inform the Attorney General's Office of any complaints of discrimination made by patrons or prospective patrons of the nightclub.

"As this agreement makes clear, we will not tolerate any racial or national origin discrimination in restaurants, bars, nightclubs, or any other place of public accommodation," Spitzer said. "This office's efforts to enforce the civil rights law are substantially aided when the victims of discrimination come forward to report their experiences, which can often be painful."

Spitzer's office began its investigation in July of 2002, after receiving complaints that Remedy had refused to admit a group of South Asian persons to the establishment. According to the complaint, more than 300 people had been invited to a party being held at the nightclub by two of the complainants. The party hosts were assured their guests would get into the club, provided they supply a guest list, which they did. While the doorman repeatedly allowed non-South Asian patrons to enter the club, most South-Asians were denied entry. When asked about the guest list for that night's party, the doorman said it did not exist. Later, in a televised news interview, the doorman confirmed the club's discriminatory admission policy by stating: "It's my responsibility to blend this club. There has to be a balance, there has to be."

To ensure compliance with the agreement, representatives of the Attorney General's office may visit the club and inspect its records for two years. The club has also agreed to pay $10,000 to the State for the cost of the investigation.

The case was handled by Assistant Solicitor General Sachin S. Pandya and Assistant Attorney General Brian J. Kreiswirth, under the direction of Deputy Bureau Chief Natalie R. Williams of the AG's Civil Rights Bureau.

but just note that, that was a SETTLEMENT

case might have never went to trial, and was settle to avoid bad PR ( like that person posted)

no gurantee they would have won in a court of law

just curious which law school you graduated from?

i bet you'd look sexy in a little school girl outfit with pig tails and glasses bent over my desk with my dick in your ass

just sayin

No, wrong, THIS application of the law does not exist.

Okay, jesus, enough, I'm out, I have to get back to actually practicing law now. Carry on with all of your baseless pontifications everyone.

No, wrong, THIS application of the law does not exist.

Okay, jesus, enough, I'm out, I have to get back to actually practicing law now. Carry on with all of your baseless pontifications everyone.

Thank you. One of the few who knows what they are talking about.

Lots of times asians go to crobar they get the line sorry there is a private party.

If people have tickets the door can pull the packed to capacity thing, wait in that line and when one person leaves the club someone in the street with a ticket can get in.

FOBS don't really know who BORIS is. Sometimes they hear of a Boris party at crobar and it is refered to as a big dj, meanwhile they all just saw him 2 weeks ago at asseteria.

FOBS don't know the name of the club is Crobar

They refer to clubs by street, 28th

Tiesto at crobar is just referred in Fob circles as big party #1 DJ, need ticket to go in.

There are people who sell tickets to FOBS and steer them towards certain clubs

Fobs are hesistant to try new clubs because all the other Fobs won't be there.

The Fobs now at clubs aren't the same Fobs that use to go to exit.

Big room clubbin seems to be a FOB tradition like everything else people do it than after a while for some reason they quit, than the scene get replaced by new FOBS

Lots of times asians go to crobar they get the line sorry there is a private party.

If people have tickets the door can pull the packed to capacity thing, wait in that line and when one person leaves the club someone in the street with a ticket can get in.

FOBS don't really know who BORIS is. Sometimes they hear of a Boris party at crobar and it is refered to as a big dj, meanwhile they all just saw him 2 weeks ago at asseteria.

FOBS don't know the name of the club is Crobar

They refer to clubs by street, 28th

Tiesto at crobar is just referred in Fob circles as big party #1 DJ, need ticket to go in.

There are people who sell tickets to FOBS and steer them towards certain clubs

Fobs are hesistant to try new clubs because all the other Fobs won't be there.

The Fobs now at clubs aren't the same Fobs that use to go to exit.

Big room clubbin seems to be a FOB tradition like everything else people do it than after a while for some reason they quit, than the scene get replaced by new FOBS

whats a FOB?