Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is RAIN still a hot club?

eddie3

Top three reasons I don't like Rain much, based on the last 3 times I was there:

1. Male-female ratio felt like it was 80-20

2. No crowd control on the central dance floor

3. Purely MTV-friendly music selection

At least in my case, this has nothing to do with how "trendy" the club is.

dude u cant be serious about the music can you? they played the same songs at every "club" i went to this past weekend, and often enough I heard the same songs up to 3x--it's the same shit out there everywhere....went to Tao, Pure, Body English and Rain--same shit everywhere....even rehab was a mockery of house muisc--but at least it was better than the shit they played at otehr places

dude u cant be serious about the music can you?

I can and I am.

Admittedly the last time I was at Rain was February '05, and they didn't have either a resident or a strong guest DJ that night. But I remember vividly that the music was very, very weak that night, and it hadn't been much better on my two previous visits.

Multiple tracks repeated (I'll never forget hearing "Lean Back" three times within two-plus), nothing but straight album/radio cuts, not a single track/mix that was new to my ears, no creative mixing or bridging between songs.

Like I said, I haven't been there in over a year. But everyone I know who's been there in the past year has said the same thing: weak to average music, bad male/female ratio, and overcrowded dance floor.

That's not to say that Rain isn't a good time for a lot of people. As I've written elsewhere on this board, Rain still does a great business and I'm damn glad they continue to pack 'em in.

I can and I am.

Admittedly the last time I was at Rain was February '05, and they didn't have either a resident or a strong guest DJ that night. But I remember vividly that the music was very, very weak that night, and it hadn't been much better on my two previous visits.

Multiple tracks repeated (I'll never forget hearing "Lean Back" three times within two-plus), nothing but straight album/radio cuts, not a single track/mix that was new to my ears, no creative mixing or bridging between songs.

Like I said, I haven't been there in over a year. But everyone I know who's been there in the past year has said the same thing: weak to average music, bad male/female ratio, and overcrowded dance floor.

That's not to say that Rain isn't a good time for a lot of people. As I've written elsewhere on this board, Rain still does a great business and I'm damn glad they continue to pack 'em in.

like i just said, same songs every club herd multiple times

Let me tell you my opinion at Rain. Rain was a THE spot in it's heyday. When MTV was doing hteir show and the Palms was fresh meat. But in reality, I think MTV fucked it up for them. I htink MTV fucked it up in general, but that's a different conversation. 9 times out of 10 you will never see a seasoned club veteran hitting up Rain. The reason is.....those coming from back woods alabama or tennessee (no offense) who doesn't know what a real club is know what they see on MTV. So they go there. What do they do when they get there, stand along the wall lip syncing Ludacris all night. Not only that, all they do is grab a girls arm as they walk by. Sorry to the fellas that do that but seriously.......NO CLASS. I'd rather spend my time at the "trendier" spots with those who know how to party it up, have a good time and not act like drunk frat boys. That's what the Beach is for. Also who the hell thought it would be a good idea to pack a club and then light a fire? Is it not hot enough?? Rain and Light were at the top of their game, before Body English ushered in the new era of the Uber VIP cClubs. I'd still choose Light any day over Rain.

Just curious, can you name one club where fellas don't grab chick's arms when they walk by? "No offense" but I agree that this very common pickup method is without class ALONG with your isolation of certain geographic areas when describing your dislike for a club that you don't work with. Have you stood in line at Rain and taken a poll to find out where people live? Couldn't you just describe Rain as a club that is not "in" by local's standards but plenty of non-clubber tourists fill it up. Rain is a tourist destination. And with tourists comes young drunk frat boy type behavior. I know plenty of people from Alabama and Tennessee who enjoy clubbing and are quite classy. Bill, I know this is an old argument, but generalizations suck in my opinion.

so should i just avoid rain at all costs?

Dude. Nobody said that. At least not as a blanket statement.

Rain does excellent business and the majority of people that do go there have a great time. On the flipside, a lot of regular clubbers, whether Vegas locals or visitors, don't enjoy Rain as much as other clubs in town.

Whether or not you'd have a good time there is a question to ask yourself. If you can't figure that out based on what people have said in this and other threads, then there's a good chance that you'll have just as a good a time at Rain as anywhere else.

Here is my take on rain. Rain is a great place to start a 3 or 4 night group party. You start with rain or the beach so show how lowsy and missed managed the clubs of the 90's were. lol. Then you hit ice just to improve a little. Then you wow the crap out of them at Tryst, Pure, body english ,jet or tao.

i'm just wondering about rain, because i am always in atlantic city...and there is a club there called the casbah.... a lot of my friends who have been to vegas make a lot of comparisons between rain/casbah

i appreciate everyone's input

check out the casbah here:

sofakingmafia.com

i'm just wondering about rain, because i am always in atlantic city...and there is a club there called the casbah.... a lot of my friends who have been to vegas make a lot of comparisons between rain/casbah

i appreciate everyone's input

check out the casbah here:

sofakingmafia.com

not sure how they can be the same at all ive been to casbah many times--its basically a big open room with an outside--which actually reminds me of the uostairs/outside of pure if anything.....at rain there is no big open area at all, def not the same structure

Vegas' worst clubs are better than Atlantic City's best simply due to the fact that in Vegas everyone typically goes out to have fun, in Atlantic City, well if you've been there you already know... If you haven't been, you're better off. FYI I lived in NJ for 20 years.

Vegas' worst clubs are better than Atlantic City's best simply due to the fact that in Vegas everyone typically goes out to have fun, in Atlantic City, well if you've been there you already know... If you haven't been, you're better off. FYI I lived in NJ for 20 years.

where?