Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fake IDs in Miami

silverspade

Me and a couple of friends are thinking about going to miami this summer... only thing is we are not 21 years of age, we currently have fake new hampshire IDs that work great in Canada. We are going to purchase some fake canadian IDs, which look flawless to the eye, holograms, and our real picture... look very legit. Only thing is im not sure if they would pass a scan, i figure miami would be hard on IDs and that our fakes woudlnt work because the clubs would scan them.. just want to hear what the deal is with fake ids and scanners. Any help would be great thanks.

You can borrow mine if you look like me. :)

thumbnail.large.rtw.1116515460.fake_id.jpg

When I was 19 I had a fake that worked everywhere. Damn, that was a looooooong time ago. Don't sweat it. I have never seen a scan machine in Miami. As long as you don't like you're 12 you should be fine.

Bring multiple ID's just in case.

When I was 19 I had a fake that worked everywhere. Damn, that was a looooooong time ago. Don't sweat it. I have never seen a scan machine in Miami. As long as you don't like you're 12 you should be fine.

:laugh2:

that was way too funny. i know a few people that have used some good fake ids for some time and haven't had a single problem. dress to impress, don't act like a 10 year, grab some girls to walk in with and you should have a great time here. if you do encounter some problems, The District http://www.epoplife.com and Soho Lounge have 18+ parties. don't know if those parties are your cup of tea. good luck.

since 911 the way fake ids are looked at is much different than it was before...mind you, by using a fake ids you are impersonating someone else with intent to break the law...

Go bowling or something, leave clubbing for us who are old enough to party, drink and have a good time.

:biggrin:

since 911 the way fake ids are looked at is much different than it was before...mind you, by using a fake ids you are impersonating someone else with intent to break the law...

Go bowling or something, leave clubbing for us who are old enough to party, drink and have a good time.

:biggrin:

we are not impersonating anyone... we get these IDs made in toronto with our faces right on them... fake adresses and everything.. not impersonating anyone.

we are not impersonating anyone... we get these IDs made in toronto with our faces right on them... fake adresses and everything.. not impersonating anyone.

yes, you are. even if the person you are posing as doesn't exist...you are impersonating someone other than your real self...being young doesn't necessarily give you the freedom to be dumb, wise up...act your age, plenty of fun things to do for underage tourists in miami...do you like fishing? there's some great fishing here... ;)

:party:

Me and a couple of friends are thinking about going to miami this summer... only thing is we are not 21 years of age, we currently have fake new hampshire IDs that work great in Canada. We are going to purchase some fake canadian IDs, which look flawless to the eye, holograms, and our real picture... look very legit. Only thing is im not sure if they would pass a scan, i figure miami would be hard on IDs and that our fakes woudlnt work because the clubs would scan them.. just want to hear what the deal is with fake ids and scanners. Any help would be great thanks.

Not very smart IMO to post such info especially with our Country currently cracking down on false documentation and all. Like Funk mentioned......after 9-11 this kind of stuff is not to be messed with.

Good luck!

Not very smart IMO to post such info especially with our Country currently cracking down on false documentation and all. Like Funk mentioned......after 9-11 this kind of stuff is not to be messed with.

Good luck!

Agreed.

In my area getting caught with a fake ID is a $400.00 fine plus at least two mandatory court appearances. Something to think about if you live far away.

Agreed.

In my area getting caught with a fake ID is a $400.00 fine plus at least two mandatory court appearances. Something to think about if you live far away.

Jeesh...when I was 19 they would just take them away from you.

:jawdrop:

Jeesh...when I was 19 they would just take them away from you.

:jawdrop:

Yeah, but with the city council in my town revoking liquor licenses every chance they can, whenever I get a fake I send a "sacrificial lamb" to the cops. I even give them the plate# of the car they drove up in when they decide they want to just leave the ID and get out.

The lady from a store close to Nexxt Café on Lincoln Rd and Euclid Ave was got arrested for selling a pack of cigarrettes to a minor with a fake ID...the minor was working as a bait for the cops...2 days in jail, you get the picture.

well I have a friend who tried it and it was scary. They made her give all her belongings to the cops because she was going to jail. her husband was kissing her goodbye. She lend her ID to another friend with us. However I don't think you'll have that problem. Take the advice given " don't act like jerks or juveniles" Walk as if you belong!!!!!

You break the law you risk the consequences.

It might suck, but instead of bitching about it on here, go out and do something about it like write your duly appointed lawmakers (you did vote, didn't you?) a nice, sensible email (spellcheck and get someone who got at least a B in English from a good school), and tell them how you feel.

Resource: http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

Check the rest of the site for a well-educated guide on all things alcohol. Written by David J Hanson, a Ph. D, no less.

Oh, and every club worth going to down here in Miami and Miami Beach has a scanner. If your ID looks suspect, which I'm sure it will, they will take the time to check it out. The scanner is no more than 4 or 5 feet away at all times.

Drivers licenses are very sophisticated nowadays. All (even New Jersey's) are at least magnetically encoded, with some having an optical code as well, in addition to embossing, holographics, and other features. A few years from now, they'll be all RFID-encoded, which will negate the need for a scanner in the doorman's posession. The door of a club will look like the door to a retail establishment, and if your ID doesn't beep the proper age, the little alarm goes off.

They're not doing this to discourage underage drinking, but because as many people in this thread have stated, to foil more nefarious uses of fake identification, such as when Zarqawi's buddies go and buy 100 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer from Agway. Discouraging underage drinking just happens to be a fringe benefit.

And as for acting the mature bit? It might fly at some venues. Most places won't chance it though. If the venue is popular, forget about it. Why would a well-compensated doorstaffer risk his or her job at a hopping club over 3 or 4 underage people, when there's maybe 100 or more of-age people right behind them? Nevermind the club gets scrutinized, and could possibly have it's liquor license pulled. No liquor, no crowd, might as well lock the doors and set the alarm until the court date.

Conversely, and there is a legal precedent, the venue can sue you if you do manage to get past their doorstaff with a fake ID, and get caught.

http://www.realbeer.com/news/articles/news-001354.php

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93222,00.html

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/InTheNews/UnderageDrinking/1090866596.html

Not trying to scare anyone, but I've seen it flop enough times to tell people to find somewhere else to go, or like I said earlier, get active and do something about it.