Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boris BAby!!!!

I have to agree. I went to JP at Pacha party and then to Boris at GT on and I thought Boris was way way better. No comparison really. His music is just Hot to me. VC and Boris and DT are my favorites but DT can get boring at times when he is not ON. VC and Boris are always on. Boris is really cute too haha that helps.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE TRIBAL but not for 12hrs ONLY. That gets boring. As for boris i vowed never to go hear him again after a terrible boring set of beats i heard him play at discotheque one after hrs night a few yrs back. I mean just cause a dj plays good songs back to back toback to back to back doesnt means hes great in my book.

I like variations in a set i like old songs mixed with new songs, but im sure one of these nights im gonna go check him out again and see whats up hey i might get suprised but then again maybe i wont. Argdisel heard boris over tedd oh boy wait to he finds out lol.

yeah because its THAT easy :smile2: you DEFINITELY sound like youve thrown any kind of party before

No, actually I'm not in the business, but have been going out since the mid 1990's. All I'm saying is that Crobar has a virtual monopoly in the city right now, as far as big dance clubs (sometimes when Pacha has a popular DJ, they draw a lot of people too.)

There are nights like when Dave Waxman spins, that the place is jammed. "Who's the DJ?", you may ask anybody in there. I would say that 60% of the people have no idea who the DJ is on any given night. Try it for yourself. Like I said, Crobar would be packed no matter who the DJ is.

I like Boris a lot, don't get me wrong. I saw him at Empire afterhours a couple weeks ago in Vegas and he was insane, but all I'm saying is by saying "3000 people can't be wrong", you're saying that Boris is what drives people to Crobar. I'm saying I don't think that's true.

thats not true at all ....

how do you explain low numbers on every other residency night except Boris .

I went to DT at Crobar a couple weeks ago and it wasn't that crowded for most of the night. I think that's because it was a Friday.

Try having DT on a Saturday and promote it as "The Beach Party with Danny Tenaglia", there'll be a huge turnout.

Besides, the kids (the 18's with fake ID's to the 24 group) love Boris. He is a NYC DJ with a signature NYC sound. I think Morales and Sanchez are probably too old for the kids to love. Great DJ's, don't get me wrong, but just not what the kids want to hear.

Good luck to the kids that try to get into Crobar with their fake IDs considering the fact cops run the doors. And well, if they do get in with their fake ID.. seriously.. good for them lol. Place eats people alive in that sense. Also DT was at Crobar two weeks ago if thats what you're referring to-- it was HORRIBLE weather and pouring outside with rain accumulating over an inch. I was going to go to Tenaglia, but the weather did not permit me to go.. along with many other people I know. And truthfully most people besides an S&M, Underwear.. or themes along the lines of sexual nature and increased nudity could give a shit. I didn't even know the Boris party was a beach party.. and when I went in, I saw just one girl k-rocked out of her mind in a bikini top and shorts. Everyone else was dressed properly. The theme didn't sell.. Boris' name sold.

good job, could not have said it better

with all due respect to boris and fastfast if crobar is filled with all 3000 people there just for him where is that same crowd when he plays other venues in nyc?

Is the man drawing huge numbers well obviously his parties are but im sure there are alot of people who go there not knowing wtf is goin on or even care whose playing. Then again maybe boris is doing something that im sleeping on and might have to check out myself real soon. I guess its all a matter of opinion. And just because a certain age group between 18-23/24 thinks boris is god doesnt really mean much imo.

Cause remember the same peeeps who though jp was god after a few yrs of seeing other djs and other parties have thought differently. To call boris the king of nyc when you have djs like, danny tenaglia, junior vasquez, timmy regisford, francois k, danny krivit, joe claussell, victor calderone, david morales, roger sanchez still doing nyc parties after almost 30 something yrs each is a total uneducated statement.

Good luck to the kids that try to get into Crobar with their fake IDs considering the fact cops run the doors. And well, if they do get in with their fake ID.. seriously.. good for them lol. Place eats people alive in that sense. Also DT was at Crobar two weeks ago if thats what you're referring to-- it was HORRIBLE weather and pouring outside with rain accumulating over an inch. I was going to go to Tenaglia, but the weather did not permit me to go.. along with many other people I know. And truthfully most people besides an S&M, Underwear.. or themes along the lines of sexual nature and increased nudity could give a shit. I didn't even know the Boris party was a beach party.. and when I went in, I saw just one girl k-rocked out of her mind in a bikini top and shorts. Everyone else was dressed properly. The theme didn't sell.. Boris' name sold.

I'm not exactly sure of you're agreeing or disagreeing. Fastfast asked why Boris seems to draw all the numbers and I said that the younger group of clubbers identify him as a quintessential New York DJ and can identify with him. Sanchez and Morales (no offense to their DJ'ing skills) are probably past their prime in that regard.

Again, on any night if you ask most people in Crobar who's the DJ, most would have no idea. That's why even on a Morales, Sanchez, Waxman night, it's still crowded. Because PEOPLE LIKE GOING TO CROBAR. The crowd will always be there (while Crobar is still hot). The fact that it's Boris probably adds about a thousand or so people (I'm guessing), but the majority of the people would be there no matter who was spinning.

with all due respect to boris and fastfast if crobar is filled with all 3000 people there just for him where is that same crowd when he plays other venues in nyc?

Is the man drawing huge numbers well obviously his parties are but im sure there are alot of people who go there not knowing wtf is goin on or even care whose playing. Then again maybe boris is doing something that im sleeping on and might have to check out myself real soon. I guess its all a matter of opinion. And just because a certain age group between 18-23/24 thinks boris is god doesnt really mean much imo.

Cause remember the same peeeps who though jp was god after a few yrs of seeing other djs and other parties have thought differently. To call boris the king of nyc when you have djs like, danny tenaglia, junior vasquez, timmy regisford, francois k, danny krivit, joe claussell, victor calderone, david morales, roger sanchez still doing nyc parties after almost 30 something yrs each is a total uneducated statement.

No wrong! While yes Crobar draws people there, that have no idea whos spinning, id say at least 75% know they are going to a Boris night. He has a hugh following, and a very loyal fan base. Bull I see a lot of DJ's, all different styles, and go to a lot of parties, from clubs like Cielo, Pacha, Crobar, Sullivan Room, Bed, etc. To DJ's such as Sasha, Digweed, Calderone, Tedd Paterson, etc. Boris is fuckin killing it right now. He plays tribal bomb after tribal bomb, all night long. His parties are always a great time. You need to get it through your thick head, that the man is doing a great job, and wheter you like it or not, he is the biggest DJ in NYC!!! Yes Bull he is bigger that your preciuos DT right now. Numbers dont lie, and the tracks he is droppin dont either. He plays bombs all night, not like DT, where he play bombs for a hour, then be shit for the next2. Ill say it again there is 2 reasons not to like Boris

1.) Jealous, and dont want to admit it.

2.) Your not a tribal fan.

I dont think i ever used the term "king of new york" but if someone else wants to beleive that ,...who are you to question someone personal opinion ,

that like me telling you larry levan was just a tonedeaf crackhead slob, you would simply dismiss it as "my opinion" or critcism

granted crobar has it's base crowd, we know that , every single club does, maybe peopel misread me, or I miswrote something, but I am not sitting here claiming all 3000 people are there for boris,

and boris has a older crowd then that , and quite frankly if you never go to his parties, how can you even continue,

you like what you like, and others like what they like

why do people persist with these threads and back and forth like they are going to change the world

you obviously state what you like and we all know this , does anyone here ever expect to see you on the floor of a boris party, NO, so do you think (along with other who follow same pattern) these constant long winded threads mentioning timmy regisford, larry levan , dt or whoever, serve a purpose

if you know what is what ....then live happy knowing and believing in what you like....and I am sure myself and other fans will do the same

just everoyne do what they like......quit the bitchin

lol

jonpaul

I'm not exactly sure of you're agreeing or disagreeing. Fastfast asked why Boris seems to draw all the numbers and I said that the younger group of clubbers identify him as a quintessential New York DJ and can identify with him. Sanchez and Morales (no offense to their DJ'ing skills) are probably past their prime in that regard.

Again, on any night if you ask most people in Crobar who's the DJ, most would have no idea. That's why even on a Morales, Sanchez, Waxman night, it's still crowded. Because PEOPLE LIKE GOING TO CROBAR. The crowd will always be there (while Crobar is still hot). The fact that it's Boris probably adds about a thousand or so people (I'm guessing), but the majority of the people would be there no matter who was spinning.

this is so pointless to argue

I mean unless you sit there and poll every single clubber, what we have here is your opioin (or guess) of what is happening, vs my opinion vs whoever else,

who really cares, I mean as long as Boris is staring out over 3000, if they weren't fans walking in the door, I am sure he will be happy to have them there and to turn them into fans, can you at least agree to that ....lol

they have to be put on sometime

No, actually I'm not in the business, but have been going out since the mid 1990's. All I'm saying is that Crobar has a virtual monopoly in the city right now, as far as big dance clubs (sometimes when Pacha has a popular DJ, they draw a lot of people too.)

There are nights like when Dave Waxman spins, that the place is jammed. "Who's the DJ?", you may ask anybody in there. I would say that 60% of the people have no idea who the DJ is on any given night. Try it for yourself. Like I said, Crobar would be packed no matter who the DJ is.

I like Boris a lot, don't get me wrong. I saw him at Empire afterhours a couple weeks ago in Vegas and he was insane, but all I'm saying is by saying "3000 people can't be wrong", you're saying that Boris is what drives people to Crobar. I'm saying I don't think that's true.

Well said, bro. Well said.

wait..the best 2 nites ive had @ crobar in the past 2 years have been for Sanchez and Morales...so to say that they've fallen off technically is ridiculous. and if u dont know who the DJ is..u prolly shouldnt be @ the club

Roger is still awesome, Amazing skills, still drops insaine tracks, parties are always fun. Morales on the other hand, I think is DONE!!!!!!!!!! I was at one of his parties recently for 3 hrs, and I thought it was some of the worst music I have ever heard. I remember sayin to myself, I would rather hear Waxman. Now thats bad!

O I forgot about Sanchez two saturdays ago.

He started of like trancey but at like 2 he started dropping tribal bomb after bomb. He played so much better than he did in January I thought. I really wanted to stay til it closing but the crowd, all the way to the floor cleaners, were horrendously rude even the cleasning people. So my freind and I had to bounce at 4. also has anyone else noticed that Crobar crowd is very rude, shady and,Im not kidding, alot of crobar guys love to rub themselves about against random people and its not because its crowded. its really disgusting behavior and its always at crobar. i think you guys should try out cain if you havent already, you'll really like it.

To call boris the king of nyc when you have djs like, danny tenaglia, junior vasquez, timmy regisford, francois k, danny krivit, joe claussell, victor calderone, david morales, roger sanchez still doing nyc parties after almost 30 something yrs each is a total uneducated statement.

theres only one way to settle this....

Crobar this Friday has Cedric Gervais and Astro & Glyde, two relatively small talents.... neither DJ is really HUGE in the scene like any of the DJs were talking about.... sooooo, if Crobar is packed on Friday, we can safely say that Crobar will always be packed and that on a Boris night, its just half the Crobar-crowd, and half fans.... theres no sure way to say this is a fact but to see how the crowd is for Cedric Gervais (dont bust my balls and say how BIG he is, because hes not)..... as far as kids getting into Crobar to see Boris.... Crobar has the toughest ID check in the city, so like Jen said, if you can get in there, then GOOD for you, i need to find where you got your ID haha

theres only one way to settle this....

Crobar this Friday has Cedric Gervais and Astro & Glyde, two relatively small talents.... neither DJ is really HUGE in the scene like any of the DJs were talking about.... sooooo, if Crobar is packed on Friday, we can safely say that Crobar will always be packed and that on a Boris night, its just half the Crobar-crowd, and half fans.... theres no sure way to say this is a fact but to see how the crowd is for Cedric Gervais (dont bust my balls and say how BIG he is, because hes not)..... as far as kids getting into Crobar to see Boris.... Crobar has the toughest ID check in the city, so like Jen said, if you can get in there, then GOOD for you, i need to find where you got your ID haha

there is no way to settle this, and frankly whats to settle,

people think boris sucks, people think boris is geeat, people think boris draws no crowds, and vice versa blahblah blah

he still has the best residency numbers / moneywise at Crobar (AND THAT IS A FACT 100 % NO DENYING)

as long as he is getting gigs and he is doing his job and making the people out there that are "fans" happy, you brush your shoulders off with the haters, and keep doing what he does

YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY....

REMEMBER THAT ............

adn we have some great gigs coming up

WE JUST GOT BACK FROM JAPAN / VEGAS

EMERALD CITY - PHILLY

SOUNDBAR - CHICAGO

CHURCH - DENVER

RUBY SKYE - SAN FRAN

IBIZA - (AUGUST)

RISE BOSTON

THERAPY RHODE ISLAND

more im missing but im at work and dont have ish in front of me...

hate him or not, he is making noise and that is undenyable fact,

he's no international superstar, but @ 32 I think he is doing OK for himself,

im sure most DJ's would give a kidney to be in his shoes