Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lawler review

who opened for steve? And wurd all the shit talkers were there damn, now i wish i was there. As for REJ, TEDD PATTERSON was the first dj to play this track to my ears back in SEPT 05.

david morales may have played it on ktu at about that time or even earlier- i wld say june july or aug 2005 on ktu but I'll hv 2 chk my tapes

lawler was good but it wasnt as high energy a room vibe as say sanchez 2 times at cielo. also the bouncers kicked us out like 350, 355

parts of lawlers set were superb but i found some of his experiemtal tech electro to be only head music & not body music- still he played 4 or 5 huge bombs that were all new trax [except the rub] and taken on his own musical merits lawler impresses like only maybe 10 or 15 other djs right now.

i have qualms about the sunday vibe, the opening dj, the cielo vibe in general; and the styling/profiling crowd i see at cielo but still i wld rate last night close to **** of 5 for lawlers uncompromising music. fuller review soon....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Force opened for Steve. Missed that part of the night as I got in around midnight, though heard good things about Adam's set. Steve is still on that "electro house" tip though he played a number of bangers. Not a huge Lawler fan but had a good (and fun) night overall. Enjoyed the set. Crowd was great and really up for it notwithstanding that it was a Sunday night.

i have qualms about the sunday vibe, the opening dj, the cielo vibe in general; and the styling/profiling crowd i see at cielo

Oddly enough I find Cielo to be one of the few places left in NYC with a good crowd and vibe with the exception of parties like Shelter Saturdays and 718 Sessions. It was a mixed crowd. Sure there were some people that were there to "style and profile", but frankly, I don't really care as long as everyone is respectful of one another and of each other's space. Eye candy doesn't hurt either.

Oddly enough I find Cielo to be one of the few places left in NYC with a good crowd and vibe with the exception of parties like Shelter Saturdays and 718 Sessions. It was a mixed crowd. Sure there were some people that were there to "style and profile", but frankly, I don't really care as long as everyone is respectful of one another and of each other's space. Eye candy doesn't hurt either.

i didnt write my complete review yet there were def good things about that crowd too. howevs compared to every lawler nyc set in the last 3 years- crobar, roxy, spirit, pacha, - last nights crowd was the least energetic of all of them. agree it was a polite crowd. agree we apppreciated the music. it was a sunday & 3/4 full that may have been the difference. buit i felt a 'medium' energy in that room & compared top lawlers june 2005 spirrit set- best set i haerd in 2005- he blew the doors off spirit twice & despite excellent music last night it was a more laid back energy crowd vibe...in my experience anyway

It was decent... Props to the opening DJ for setting up Lawler perfectly...

Adam Force opened...hes my roomates dj partner(together known as AlterImage)

My roomate Ian was on a business trip so he couldnt play with Adam.

They both are great and even tho I wasnt there I have no doubts Adam played a phenominal opening set! :clap2:

good nite....i had to bounce early (2am) cause my northern contingent was crashing...definitely didnt dissapoint..

Yeah, I was crashed too. From work and the Cup, I seriously had a combined 4 hours of sleep this entire weekend.

def a good night... was really impressed with the opener...Left early as well as I had lost many brain cells the previous night. Good to meet garymatthews and dr doomski!

kfillizle, when u coming back up here?

I might be in Montreal early July... If that falls through, I'll try to get up there sometime in July or August...

Great night! Danced for most of it. :getdown:

Nice to meet you Gary...thanx again for the shot :pint:

£ddie-nice seeing you again :)

gggghhooosttt/dr doom/k-fizzle-you guys are weak for leaving so early :rolleyes:

I was really impressed with Lawler's set. It was the first time hearing him live. But...he gave me a dirty look when I took a picture of him and he stopped at like 3:35....grrrr

Gary thanks for the shot man.... nice meetng you!

Lawler killed it.

some more train spots... closed the night out with... Lifelike & Kris Menace - Discopolis (some nasty breaks mix~?!?!?)... also Pete Heller - Simpler & Trentmoller - Rytekid vs. Milk

:laugh: so durrrty..

i learned something important @ Cielo... for every bitch dancin by herself in her "fuck 'em girl" dress...there is an older gentleman somewhere nearby holding her bag

That guy had his asian hunting for a 3sum... seen them early in the night serge, they were sitting next to the table we were at...