Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Night Watch (Misk - see it NOW)

I see. What have you read recently?

...actually not much .....last book i read was blood&honor...about the scarfo family...i have a really bad habit of starting a book and getting like 50 pages in ...then starting another ...im seriously 50 pages into like 4 books right now.......and when i do get really into a book its finished within 3 days...

..i need to grab a few new reads...light easy shit..im going to mexico in 9 days..

ur so emo u make me wana cut myself and write you sentimental poetry but with a dark twist

....keep calling me emo and ill save u the trouble and cut u myself :heart:...then i will write poetry with your blood :D

...actually not much .....last book i read was blood&honor...about the scarfo family...i have a really bad habit of starting a book and getting like 50 pages in ...then starting another ...im seriously 50 pages into like 4 books right now.......and when i do get really into a book its finished within 3 days...

..i need to grab a few new reads...light easy shit..im going to mexico in 9 days..

Whoa! This is exactlly what I do..I have 3 books I am about half way through.. I should just finish at least one..but I went to B&N yesterday to find a new one...

• 2 weeks later...
...um im going today! lol...it's retarded ...i have like zero attention.......that's not counting the other books in my room i have started and then threw aside...

misk, check this book out. it's a book of short stories, mostly about seriously dysfunctional women. it's fantastic. i lent it to one of my gfs, and she loved it.

the movie Secretary is loosely based on one of them. the ending is totally different tho.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679723277/qid=1152463626/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-0208264-3738409?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

so, did you read any of em?

...yea i started glamorama.....its a lil annoying though to me....the dialogue.....i dunno ..i know its that way for a reason but im finding it a little wearing on me ......like when i read i am hearing it in my head and i want to puke....also the whole it's cold everywhere....i realize it will prob play a signifigance later but im so fucking sick of reading it .......i get really annoyed when people repeat themselves or a point....so its prob just me getting overpissed as usual.....

misk, check this book out. it's a book of short stories, mostly about seriously dysfunctional women. it's fantastic. i lent it to one of my gfs, and she loved it.

the movie Secretary is loosely based on one of them. the ending is totally different tho.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679723277/qid=1152463626/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-0208264-3738409?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

..thanks...i will give it a look...just might be a while since i have about 5 books waiting to be read lol..

i started reading Glamorama last year, and i thought it sucked. the dialogue seems forced, and the characters are 2 dimensional. also, i read about 3/4 of it, and it seemed like it turned into another book. i thought the over the top violence was unnecessary. i get grossed out easily:(

i will say there's a really hot sex scene in it tho...whoa

right now, i'm reading Capote, and i love it!

..didnt reach any violence yet...but yea...the dialogue is killing me!!!.....so repetative...which i get has something to do with the way he wants the characters portrayed....but its just every other word is BABY or MO.....and i feel like i am basically reading the version of someone name dropping.....like its simply a list of who and what was hot in the 90's.....most of it not relevant or worked into the story ...again...i know that ties in to the fact none of these people relationships were relevant and that embodies a lot of the time period....but its fucking tough to read!!!!!

keep at it misk, it starts out as a satire, the story changes 180 degrees when he goes to europe, as bella pointed out. pull through you won´t be disappointed

that said, i loved that mundane style of dialogue in the first part. some analogies are just too funny

Victor playing original Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo at Alison's place:

Victor:"Shhh, I'm playing. Yoshi's eaten four gold coins and he's trying to find the fifth. I need to concentrate."

Alison:"Oh my god, who gives a fuck. We're dealing with a fat midget who rides a dinosaur and saves his girlfriend from a pissed-off gorilla? Victor, get serious."

Victor:"Its *not* his girlfriend. It's Princess Toadstool. And its *not* a gorilla. Its Lemmy Koopa of the evil Koopa clan. And baby, as usual, your missing the point."

Alison:"Please enlighten me."

Victor:"The whole point of Super Mario Bros. is that it mirrors life."

Alison:"I'm following. God knows why."

Victor:"Kill or be killed."

Alison:"Uh-huh."

Victor:"Time is running out."

Alison:"Gotcha."

Victor:"And in the end, baby, you...are...alone."

Alison:"Right. Well, Victor, that really captures the spirit of our relationship, honey."

they are making a movie out of this one too btw, roger avary is directing again (he also filmed the rules of attraction, another one of ellis´ books)

role of victor is gonna be played kip pardue apparently

kip-pardue-5165.gif

kip_pardue_1.jpg

they are making a movie out of this one too btw, roger avary is directing again (he also filmed the rules of attraction, another one of ellis´ books)

role of victor is gonna be played kip pardue apparently

kip-pardue-5165.gif

kip_pardue_1.jpg

that kid played Jimmy in the sylvester stallon movie about F1 racing..