Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***So where's the meet point? ROLL CALL giant village 7/22/06 !***

sancib

i've never been to giant village (it's the same as their new year's party), so i don't know of a good specific location, but i thought i could be good at picking out the time. then i looked at the set times and it wasn't so easy anymore. i know that some people like to get there a little on the later side and that some people wouldn't wanna miss some certain djs... here are the set times:

GRAND STAGE

deep dish ~ 1 - 4

paul oakenfold ~ 11 - 1

jason bentley ~ 9:30 - 11

oman khan ~ 8 - 9:30

FLOWER STAGE

john digweed ~ 12:45 - 4

jimmy van m ~ 11:30 - 12:45

james zabiela ~ 9:30 - 11:30

mark tabberner ~ 8 - 9:30

HOPE STAGE

christopher lawrence ~ 1:45 - 4

markus shultz ~ 12:15 - 1:45

matthew dekay ~ 10:45 - 12:15

boris md (departure) ~ 9:30 - 10:45

david moses ~ 8 - 9:30

COMMUNITY SERVICE STAGE

the crystal method ~ 1:15 - 4

hybrid ~ 10:45 - 1:15

robtronik ~ 9:30 - 10:45

jay idol ~ 8 - 9:30

DEEP STAGE

mark farina ~ 2 - 4

miguel migs ~ 12 - 2

marques wyatt ~ 10 - 12

raul campos ~ 8-10

i like to get to parties on the early side, but my friend (the roomie isn't going this time) likes to go later. i'm gonna try to win her over, though. you guys pick the time, but earlyish. there's no way i'm gonna miss the dish.

and, someone who's been there, please pick a very specific location (i.e., in front of the bar on the NW corner <----i'm not saying there's a bar there, that's just an example) !!!

thanks for posting the set times! i never thought i'd have the luxury of having to choose between digweed and deep dish. i think i'll hit each of those for 2 hours.

DAMN, this is gonna be sick.

i'm thinking:

arrive at 9:30

9:30-10 hit the head, grab a drink, various other bullshit

10-11:30 james zabiela

11:30-12:30 hybrid

12:30-2 deep dish

2-4 digweed

HOLY FUCK that's a great night right there.

i've never been to giant village (it's the same as their new year's party), so i don't know of a good specific location, but i thought i could be good at picking out the time. then i looked at the set times and it wasn't so easy anymore. i know that some people like to get there a little on the later side and that some people wouldn't wanna miss some certain djs... here are the set times:

GRAND STAGE

deep dish ~ 1 - 4

paul oakenfold ~ 11 - 1

jason bentley ~ 9:30 - 11

oman khan ~ 8 - 9:30

FLOWER STAGE

john digweed ~ 12:45 - 4

jimmy van m ~ 11:30 - 12:45

james zabiela ~ 9:30 - 11:30

mark tabberner ~ 8 - 9:30

HOPE STAGE

christopher lawrence ~ 1:45 - 4

markus shultz ~ 12:15 - 1:45

matthew dekay ~ 10:45 - 12:15

boris md (departure) ~ 9:30 - 10:45

david moses ~ 8 - 9:30

COMMUNITY SERVICE STAGE

the crystal method ~ 1:15 - 4

hybrid ~ 10:45 - 1:15

robtronik ~ 9:30 - 10:45

jay idol ~ 8 - 9:30

DEEP STAGE

mark farina ~ 2 - 4

miguel migs ~ 12 - 2

marques wyatt ~ 10 - 12

raul campos ~ 8-10

i like to get to parties on the early side, but my friend (the roomie isn't going this time) likes to go later. i'm gonna try to win her over, though. you guys pick the time, but earlyish. there's no way i'm gonna miss the dish.

and, someone who's been there, please pick a very specific location (i.e., in front of the bar on the NW corner <----i'm not saying there's a bar there, that's just an example) !!!

ill be getting there early.. we have to get there at 7 to pick up our discounted tickets.. i'm staying at the sheraton a few blocks away so if there are no lines i might just pregame back at the room.. and come back around 830ish..

i plan on checking out marques wyatt, markus shulz, a little bit of james zabiela, oakenfold, deepdish digweed for a short while and then back to deep dish to close it out..

Gosh I think that most of us are going to be distributing time between Diggers and The Dish, so why dont we try to meet 11-12 on the block where the atm is, lets meet on that corner/ streetlight, there is a bar and the food court is there. So for example, when you enter the place your walking down hope it would be the corner on your left side. That way we can get to meet and have a drink before we head out for our headliners :)

Gosh I think that most of us are going to be distributing time between Diggers and The Dish, so why dont we try to meet 11-12 on the block where the atm is, lets meet on that corner/ streetlight, there is a bar and the food court is there. So for example, when you enter the place your walking down hope it would be the corner on your left side. That way we can get to meet and have a drink before we head out for our headliners :)
thanks, sanci, for taking the initiative.

there's finally a map posted on www.giantvillage.com if you click "village map." the corner we'll meet on is marked on the map as nearest the atm and the food court. i don't know if that's really southeast in real life, 'cause the map doesn't say which end is north, but it's SE on the map. so:

the meetup is under the streetlight of the corner of hope & wilshire with the atm at 11pm.

i will be wearing a black wife beater with a white owl on it that says "what?!" and i'll def be there!

I am planning on seeing Bently for a warm up and then over to Zabiella. I'd like to see Hybrid, but I can do that after I meet up with you guys.

After that I...have no idea. I haven't seen deepdish, but I do want to see digweed. hmm, probably end up with what Juddybuddy is doing.

I will be in jeans black shirt with a white button up over it. Probably wearing Cy-x googles as a necklace and a black backpack. I'll make myself noticable if I'm not seeing anyone.

anyone going to the sunday giant party at downtown standard rooftop? anyone .... anyone ... going ... going lol :D

i wanted to do afterhours somewhere but i couldn't make it.. i was way too smashed for my own good.. dropping drinks all over the place smashed.. when the party ended i was pissed cuz deep dish didnt play and then my friend informed me i was watching deep dish for the past 3 hours.. lol..

also i checked my camera today and apparently i have a video of someone spinning transatlantic flight... wish i could remember that.. :(

great party, though strange...

the meetup was way more successful than i thought it would be! for cp newbies, an attendance of 4 is huge :laugh: !!! i know you were spying, though, l a l a t e. i know you were there :nono: ... too bad we didn't see jb; you were missed! my friend raq took a few pics; i'll post 'em if they came out ok.

the seeker: true old skool, keepin' it real.

oldtimer: what a hoot!

sancib: bubbly, sweet, and fun.

all good peeps :aright: !

jimmy van m & digweed were ok, but i seriously got down to deep dish. to all those who said that they suck now - bullshit! they were just as kickass as ever :bounce: . it was a little too crowded over there, though, and by then my toes started hurting from getting stepped on too many times throughout the night.

we left at about 3. but the vibe at the party was really great, even though the music was mostly just ok, and the crowd was the most diverse i've seen in a long time. it wasn't too packed, like i thought it would be, which was also a big plus.

my head isn't making much sense anymore, so i'll leave off here. pleasure meeting all of you, and i look forward to seeing you all soon!

OMG I had sooo much fun!!! as soon as I came into the party I spotted Ms.Weyes, I think I jumped up and down all the way to hug her :) equally as excited to meet Seeker. It was soo nice to meet the peeps I enjoy chattin up my love in this life "music"! 2 of my friends decided they had to ride the frickn ferris wheel, so they wasted almost 2hrs of their time there, I wandered all over the place makin frequent stops to the bar. I must admit that is the most I have enjoyed Oakey in a very long time. Dish rocked and of course so did my Diggers, whom Weyes, Raq, and I spotted walking in the crowd earlier with a blonde on arm. Overall it rated :aright:

OMG I had sooo much fun!!! as soon as I came into the party I spotted Ms.Weyes, I think I jumped up and down all the way to hug her :) equally as excited to meet Seeker. It was soo nice to meet the peeps I enjoy chattin up my love in this life "music"! 2 of my friends decided they had to ride the frickn ferris wheel, so they wasted almost 2hrs of their time there, I wandered all over the place makin frequent stops to the bar. I must admit that is the most I have enjoyed Oakey in a very long time. Dish rocked and of course so did my Diggers, whom Weyes, Raq, and I spotted walking in the crowd earlier with a blonde on arm. Overall it rated :aright:

here's a snippet from the oakenfold set i taped... it sucks that the end of the buildup got cut off but what are ya gonna do???

here are some pics. sorry for the weird edits, but you guys all look so good and weyes is vain and looked hideous in the one with theseeker & oldtimer!

theseeker:

47b6d905b3127cce8b116a547e8a00000015108EZNWbJyzaK

oldtimer:

47b6d905b3127cce8b116a6dff8300000015108EZNWbJyzaK

sancib:

47b6d905b3127cce8b116a55ffbb00000015108EZNWbJyzaK

here's a half-decent pic of weyes and her friend raq, who's much cuter in real life:

47b6d902b3127cce8b68670c551200000016108EZNWbJyzaK

The music was so good that night that apparently the lower right part of my face was rocked off.

I had a great time that night, and it was awesome meeting you guys. I have to say that no one was bad that night, not by a long shot. If a DJs set was starting to hit a low point I would just move to another stage and keep on dancing, I ended up seeing a decent amount of everyone and they all were a lot of fun. I spent the most time and the zabiela/van m/digweed stage, by far. Jimmy Van M was the biggest surprise. I'd heard of him before, but none one really said one way or the other about him.

He kicked ass.