Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any jp reviews...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got dragged there by my girlfriend, and was there about 9 hours ending at 10AM (sober). I'm not a JP fan AT ALL, but I call them like I see them. JP was excellent last night. No, I'm not a convert to JP now. I still think he's a guy with a lot of wasted talent whose best years are long behind him, and nothing changes that his crowd is horrible. But admittedly, he put on a good show last night. This is the first time I've heard a quality set from him since 01/02. Well done.

haven't seen johnny in probably over a year. just couldn't resist seeing him back in that spot. last few times i've seen him he sucked, but last night was absolutely insane. he definitely still got it. sick music all night, crowd was actually pretty good (by good i mean it was obviously like the pics posted in the other thread, but at least i didn't see any 17 yr olds running around and everybody was clean).

I agree. I did notice he screwed up twice but overall it was a sick night. No fights that I noticed. No one overdosing (in public). His music didn't really get boring like normally. It was nice to seem him actually enjoy himself. Never saw JP try to dance so much before. Can't wait for S&M Party @ Pacha on May 20th!!!

I agree. I did notice he screwed up twice but overall it was a sick night. No fights that I noticed. No one overdosing (in public). His music didn't really get boring like normally. It was nice to seem him actually enjoy himself. Never saw JP try to dance so much before. Can't wait for S&M Party @ Pacha on May 20th!!!

are u kidding me there doing the s&m partys again, those fuckin partys are crazy im there

Got there around 11 and stayed till 6. Personally I think it was the best I've seen him spin, act and control the night in the past 2 years. He just seemed to have something going that he has been missing for awhile. It may be the longer he was away from that building the more his skills slacked, but once back in there he got his spark back. Better track selection then normal, some classics, some new and nothing played too too long. The crowd wasnt that bad, 21 and up is deff a plus for him, and overall the vibe of most people was happy and excited which was a plus. Im interested in just how many people went, because the club was packed to the gills, very profitable night for Pacha. One complaint was will call tickets, went in the front door, was told my girlfriend and I had to go around the building to a table out back, got our tickets and were told we had to go around front and wait on the front line again. Other then that nothing too dissapointing, Cleaveland was ripping it in the basement as well. Also, when half the speakers cut out earlier in the night the fact that no one got angry, and just began clapping and chanting, and Johnny wasnt sure what to do and just blasted that train horn, great fealing from the crowd and when all the speakers came back on the placed was BUMPING. Hope everyone had fun, and though he may be passed his prime I believe being back in that building is bringing back something he lossed a couple of years ago. Just my 2 though so take it for what its worth.

Keough

surprisingly the best party hands down since the classics nite in nov 02...

average age was 25-28 which is 20938102932 times better than those 16 drug slobs

d'ibiza was looped for 45 minutes because DT was taring up the dancefloor with vivacious... other than that the loops werent unbarable

like dt said "this is HIS house" and "there's no place like home" :getdown:

I got there around 11.. and I must say the place was packed to the brim. Great crowd overall though with positive vibes-- and your occasional meathead, but well.. who doesn't have them. I can honestly say I enjoyed most of the tracks that were played, I was very surprised at how on point he was. I really have nothing different to say than anyone else that previously posted but if you were there.. you more than likely had a great time. I will def. be attending the S&M party.. see you all there with the whips and the chains.

-Jen

He's back.

We are back.

Finally.

Last night was just the beginning. Now all you JP and JP Fan haters can be thrilled that at least once in a while we will not invade your precious clubs for these nights are ours; for the fans!

JP was having a great time and so was about every single person in the club.

It was a great feeling.

surprisingly the best party hands down since the classics nite in nov 02...

average age was 25-28 which is 20938102932 times better than those 16 drug slobs

d'ibiza was looped for 45 minutes because DT was taring up the dancefloor with vivacious... other than that the loops werent unbarable

like dt said "this is HIS house" and "there's no place like home" :getdown:

wish i would have made it out 2 see DT and Vivacious tare it up

I just saw a tracklist posted, and it was 75% classics, if this is true, WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not tryin to knock jp, im glad to hear all these positive things but just about every set he spun in the past 2 years cud be considered a classics sets.