Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stimulus>Response w/Dj Exacta@Pacha 8/12/06 review, Pics,Videos,Mixes

From what I've heard in the past keith blackstone really knows how to move and progress with his music selection. Last time I heard him spin was at sullivan room so it was a while back but he was solid and on point. As for exacta I love his productions and have heard him a few times at crobar and he was good. Yes tribal can be monotonous if not interjected with different sounds. That's why dj's like chus and ceballos and TKC really move me so much more than just a straight bangin tribal set. It's the building that dj's forget these days I think because every dj is split up in a night unlike when a danny or roger spins where they get to build there musical sets and progress in a more uniform sounding way over having openers. Pictures look good as for youtube it's down but check them out later.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rayrays... what is your definition of "straight house"? (just curious, kind of a loose term)

Straight House: No Boring tribal jungle drums. No trancy stuff. Just slammin beats. Its hard to say man.......But im sure there are tons of people here who know what im saying. Go see Exacta, and you'll see exactly what im talkin bout.

Just slammin beats

I understand people's boredem when they feel there is monotony from straight up tribal all night, but...it's kind of tough having beats without drums.

BEAT

noun

1. A stroke or blow, especially one that produces a sound or serves as a signal.

2. A pulsation or throb.

3. A rhythmic sound created from beating of a drum

BEAT

noun

1. A stroke or blow, especially one that produces a sound or serves as a signal.

2. A pulsation or throb.

3. A rhythmic sound created from beating of a drum

I understand people's boredem when they feel there is monotony from straight up tribal all night, but...it's kind of tough having beats without drums.

Thats just it. I hate tracks that are nuttin but drums....I need other sounds in there. All drums, and nuttin else, just sucks.

I had a great time up until The poor mans Boris took the decks. As soon as Keith Blackstone went on, the place went to shit. Exacta had a great vibe goin, had the place up, and jumping with his up lifting vocals, and high energy straight house. And Keith just killed it with those boring tribal drums. If I wanted to hear triibal I would of went to Boris, and at least heard good tribal. Keith just hammered those tribal drums, and eveyone left or fell asleep. I mean it wasnt even new tribal, it was all old shit. Bull time to find a new DJ who gives a fuck, and actully cares to find new music, instead of playin old boring tribal records. Maybe next time, find a DJ who has similar styles to Exacta, not the complete opposite. Like I told ya there, if I wanted to hear tribal, I would of went to Boris.

I normally can't get too heated over clubplanet commentary but you are such an arrogant douchebag it's ridiculous. Considering that all you've proven yourself capable of is talking trash on a computer you have no room to criticize anyone, let alone people who are spinning at one of the top clubs in NY. I'm guessing that you are so cool and powerful that you somehow declared that Boris is the only DJ who is allowed to play tribal in NY? I've heard Keith play MUCH better sets than I've heard Boris play (I'm a big fan of both) so maybe you should try actually hearing a few sets before you start running your mouth.

I normally can't get too heated over clubplanet commentary but you are such an arrogant douchebag it's ridiculous. Considering that all you've proven yourself capable of is talking trash on a computer you have no room to criticize anyone, let alone people who are spinning at one of the top clubs in NY. I'm guessing that you are so cool and powerful that you somehow declared that Boris is the only DJ who is allowed to play tribal in NY? I've heard Keith play MUCH better sets than I've heard Boris play (I'm a big fan of both) so maybe you should try actually hearing a few sets before you start running your mouth.

:laugh: your being hard on rayray...he is industry...:laugh:

Listen, I tell it like it is, I state my opinion, and I really dont give 2 fucks who it pisses off. Alright not that I got that out of the way, I will further explain the night. Boris, and Calderone, are both the biggest DJs in NYC right now. They have tribal tracks that Keith Blackstone cant get. If it tickles my pickle to hear tribal, im either gonna go to one of those 2 guys, cause I know Im gonna hear the newest most exclusive tribal bombs there are. Not hear Keith Blackstone play tribal records that are over a fuckin year old. Like Beats all over my body, Sex 2005, there were others, just cant remember.

Now to part 2: Exacta is by no means a tribal DJ. He hardly plays any tribal tracks at all. So why would you pair DJs who's styles are completey different. It just makes no sense. I was happy to go see Exacta, hear great music, and no tribal. If I wanted tribal, like I said I will not see a guy whos is 100 times worse than VC or Boris or Peter Bailey, or Richie Santana. Im sorry The tribal Keith played, I had all of it, and just could of stayed home, and heard the exact same tracks he played, without the 3 trainwrecks he had all before I left at 5.

Part 3: Keith Blackstone didnt nothing but lose my respect as a DJ. The guy doesnt produce, and plays old tribal records. To me that shows that he puts no time into DJing or producing, and pretty much takes spinning at one of the biggest clubs in NYC as a joke. Right there, he loses all my respect. There are tons of other young DJs out there, who do put time into getting new tracks, and producing, who would love to be up there. Just pisses me off.

Holy fuck ray ray i guess next time we are gonna have to really sit down and talk. First it sounds like you are really high on exacta and thinks he is the ONLY great dj around. Maybe cause you know him or hang around him and think yourself special because of it.

Now it was my 2nd time hearing him and first time working with him and it was great and look forward to it again happening real soon. Which means you will be in the same room hearing keith play as well lol.

Now if you would have come a bit early and you wouldve saw LOLA play and wouldnt just associte stimulus with only keith and dark tribal beats. Urban Relief project also werent around to play that night but it wouldve been a different style.

Thing with Stimulus>response is you get many different styles to please different crowds. Keith happens to be the harder darker tribal style of the team. And your comment about him bringining down the energy was a but to much because when he got on at 4am, if the energy "went down" as you say why was the club open till about 630am.

Also remember YOUR a fan of exacta and much more and you happen to like his style, which is cool. But now think about the negative feedback exacta got on other boards and the praises keith got. It works both ways. Some people are happy some arent it depends on what your musical preference is.

Again you seem to be very confused or misinformed bout many things, ONE. KEITH does PRODUCE music and one of his tracks was played during the night to great response. And keith does get exclusive stuff as well before other djs as well thanks to his connections and record label he is a part of. So dont sell him short rayray, remember you are still very very new into this music scene compared to alot of us.

Holy fuck ray ray i guess next time we are gonna have to really sit down and talk. First it sounds like you are really high on exacta and thinks he is the ONLY great dj around. Maybe cause you know him or hang around him and think yourself special because of it.

Now it was my 2nd time hearing him and first time working with him and it was great and look forward to it again happening real soon. Which means you will be in the same room hearing keith play as well lol.

Now if you would have come a bit early and you wouldve saw LOLA play and wouldnt just associte stimulus with only keith and dark tribal beats. Urban Relief project also werent around to play that night but it wouldve been a different style.

Thing with Stimulus>response is you get many different styles to please different crowds. Keith happens to be the harder darker tribal style of the team. And your comment about him bringining down the energy was a but to much because when he got on at 4am, if the energy "went down" as you say why was the club open till about 630am.

Also remember YOUR a fan of exacta and much more and you happen to like his style, which is cool. But now think about the negative feedback exacta got on other boards and the praises keith got. It works both ways. Some people are happy some arent it depends on what your musical preference is.

Again you seem to be very confused or misinformed bout many things, ONE. KEITH does PRODUCE music and one of his tracks was played during the night to great response. And keith does get exclusive stuff as well before other djs as well thanks to his connections and record label he is a part of. So dont sell him short rayray, remember you are still very very new into this music scene compared to alot of us.

I like all styles Bull........I am a hugh fan of VC. I just think Exacta is a great young DJ, who busts his ass at all the aspects of DJing, and who has the talent to make it big. NYC has become a hugh tribal city, and its refreshing to see a DJ, play sick tracks, get the crowd moving, and it isnt tribal. Also has a record lable, and makes unreal tracks, that get play all over the world by numerous DJs. I want to support that, and let people know, however I can. He deserves all the success he gets.

Im sorry the tribal Keith played that night, was either old, or just boring. When he went on, more than half the place emptied. Keith is a probably a great friend of yours, and I understand why you want to defend him. But just relize one thing Bull. Exacta is your money maker, he is the one who gets the people in. He was in HUGH letters on your flyer, and Keith Blackstone, in not so big. And yes I will be there next time for Exacta, and I will give Keith another chance. Hopefully he will do better. See you soon.

dont care about this drama BS.. but gabe those videos are good.. ur right i should of checked this party out.. but i am saving my old self for this sat for DT.. see you on the floor.. pce pce!! and for the rest of yous goin hope to see u ALL there LOL!!

Finally!!!!! We agree on something!!!!!! I new there would be a time!

HAHAHAHAHAHA. :clap2:

*knew you meant?.....learn how to spell first then maybe you can criticize someone :)

rayray.....you have to learn the old in order to appreciate the new. simple as.

however, you are entitled to your own opinions. just don't get it out of line where it turns into DISRESPECT.

one love

indy :)

*knew you meant?.....learn how to spell first then maybe you can criticize someone :)

O god here we go!!!!! If all you have to say is how I made a spelling mistake, Just dont. I am not trying to disrespect anyone, just stating my opinion, and giving my review on the night. Like I said earlier. I hold no punches, I tell it like it is, and state my opinion. If people cant handle it, there problem.

O god here we go!!!!! If all you have to say is how I made a spelling mistake, Just dont. I am not trying to disrespect anyone,

er....?

Part 3: Keith Blackstone didnt nothing but lose my respect as a DJ. The guy doesnt produce, and plays old tribal records. To me that shows that he puts no time into DJing or producing, and pretty much takes spinning at one of the biggest clubs in NYC as a joke. Right there, he loses all my respect. There are tons of other young DJs out there, who do put time into getting new tracks, and producing, who would love to be up there. Just pisses me off.

ok that's it from me. reading these trash is like reading the STAR magazine if you ask me.........:aaah:;)

4 things i believe have to be considered before critiquing a DJ set ...

1. Just cause the set didnt contain any "BOMBS" doesnt make it shitty .... that is why there are classics nights, that is why Jeff Mills can still drop "the bells" during EVERY SINGLE ONE of his sets for the last 10 years ... and everyone will cheer as if the yankees just took ANOTHER WORLD SERIES :WINK:. as a matter of fact, wasnt boris having his classics night this past saturday also?

2. If there are conflicting styles between the DJ's it shouldnt be a surprise that a certain number of people left the building, if you asked each one that they were leaving because of Keith Blackstone .. then fine, your opinion would hold merrit, but right now, since you didnt ask, then maybe, those arent the true tribal house heads and maybe at 4am, a mass exidous of people pussied out and arent night crawlers like us ...

3. You cant say a DJ set sucked cause he didnt play like VC or BORIS ... i mean comparing people means they lack originality .. maybe Keith wanted to just do classics cause boris was also ... did you ask keith why he wasnt dropping any "BOMBS", maybe its not cause he didnt have them rayray, maybe its cause he didnt want to. It happens, sometimes DJ's just need to do they own thing and rewind it back.

4. you can critique for trainwrecks ... i didnt hear them, but you can critique that ... cause really, that is about really when it comes to critiquing a set ... its track selection and how it was blended and if it worked with the energy of the crowd ... cause that is what a good DJ set is about ... keeping the crowd going while mixing and blending tracks with their style and influence. which in the end is what really brings you back for more.

1. Just cause the set didnt contain any "BOMBS" doesnt make it shitty .... that is why there are classics nights, that is why Jeff Mills can still drop "the bells" during EVERY SINGLE ONE of his sets for the last 10 years ... and everyone will cheer as if the yankees just took ANOTHER WORLD SERIES :WINK:. as a matter of fact, wasnt boris having his classics night this past saturday also?

2. If there are conflicting styles between the DJ's it shouldnt be a surprise that a certain number of people left the building, if you asked each one that they were leaving because of Keith Blackstone .. then fine, your opinion would hold merrit, but right now, since you didnt ask, then maybe, those arent the true tribal house heads and maybe at 4am, a mass exidous of people pussied out and arent night crawlers like us ...

3. You cant say a DJ set sucked cause he didnt play like VC or BORIS ... i mean comparing people means they lack originality .. maybe Keith wanted to just do classics cause boris was also ... did you ask keith why he wasnt dropping any "BOMBS", maybe its not cause he didnt have them rayray, maybe its cause he didnt want to. It happens, sometimes DJ's just need to do they own thing and rewind it back.

4. you can critique for trainwrecks ... i didnt hear them, but you can critique that ... cause really, that is about really when it comes to critiquing a set ... its track selection and how it was blended and if it worked with the energy of the crowd ... cause that is what a good DJ set is about ... keeping the crowd going while mixing and blending tracks with their style and influence. which in the end is what really brings you back for more.

Agreed, and if thats what your lookin for when you got out thats great. But when I go out I want to hear a DJ drop tracks that I have not heard before, and I cannot get if I wanted too. I love hearing new music. And if there bombs, thats what makes the night for me.

And for the record Keith wasnt playin classics. He was playing tribal recoreds that were 1 to 2 years old. Tracks that have been played out by every tribal DJ and there mother, and should be buried, until 4-5 years from now, when they can be classics.

Look people im sorry, Im a hard one to impress, only the DJs who are on really on there game, will impress me. Keith did nothing to impress me that night. Thats my opinion, and im just stating it. Sorry

those are all really good points flow....

i feel bad you know, i haven't seen keith yet but honestly i actually have only really heard good things about him, he is a super nice guy, and i have heard that he IS talented.......i actually am looking forward to hearing him for the first time soon, i will keep an open mind but i dont think ill b disappointed :)

And for the record Keith wasnt playin classics. He was playing tribal recoreds that were 1 to 2 years old. Tracks that have been played out by every tribal DJ and there mother, and should be buried, until 4-5 years from now, when they can be classics.

again rayray, this is your opinion, the tracklisting that is, some might be hearing the track for the first time ...

Look people im sorry, Im a hard one to impress, only the DJs who are on really on there game, will impress me. Keith did nothing to impress me that night. Thats my opinion, and im just stating it. Sorry

again your opinion on what would one would consider a "DJ WHO IS REALLY ON THEIR GAME" .. to each is their own bro, and obviously blackstone wasnt for you ... that night at least ...

lol

lola did a GREAT JOB opening up

brian (exacta) did a GREAT JOB being the headliner

blackstone did an OK JOB. I will most DEFINITLY hear him again. He seems like a friendly guy, and lets not crucify him, cause he did not spin anywhere near what rayray is tryin to make it seem like.

lets not get caught up in the "genre" game. to me their are 3 kind of djs. Bad, Good, and Great. Rayray, not ONE bad dj spun @ pacha last saturday. they were all good/great djs. Brian plays house music, stop trying to put a name on it.(ray this isnt aimed at you) I hate ppl that just stand on the dancefloor, TAKE UP MY DANCING SPACE, just to write down a tracklisting of what he played and what he didnt and go hide behind a computer monitor and bash a djs style. this is an art form. would you do that to someone whos that passionate about something. YOU GO TO A CLUB TO DANCE. kieth played some nice toons, that were 4 months old (THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM OLD) and i was still jammin away in the booth. I have to bring an example of what happens sometimes when you wanna push *NEW* music. Steve Lawler's last EM last year, he decided to play mainly unsigned/unreleased music. Stuff that nobody heard and nobody had @ the time/and some ppl STILL dont have. WORST EM he has ever done. just cause you play music that nobody has doesnt make it any good. I actually can respect a dj that can make me dance even with the fact that I have lets go over the top, and say I HAVE ALL HIS MUSIC. that means his programming, mixing are all on top of its game and he doesnt need *secret* records. I think Roger sanchez/Morillo are good examples of that kind of dj. ray dont be so critical dude. it will prevent you from having a good time, which is the soul reason I GO OUT!

its funny how everyone that promotes for the party and works at Pacha is trying to argue with someone's unfavorble OPINION - that says a lot.Rayray, I agree regarding the track selection. Tribal is a played sound as it is - been limited to track from a few years ago is laughable for a dj at this point.

you are absolutely correct that everyone may have an opinion; it's just the manner in which someone expresses their opinion. having no respect for someone based on their taste is pretty juvenile. i guess if rayray or someone else was playing @ Pacha we would all have the right to have an opinion... but the difference is that a lot of people have decency and respect - as opposed to sitting behind a computer and bashing anything they may not like.

lol

. just cause you play music that nobody has doesnt make it any good. I actually can respect a dj that can make me dance even with the fact that I have lets go over the top, and say I HAVE ALL HIS MUSIC. that means his programming, mixing are all on top of its game and he doesnt need *secret* records. I think Roger sanchez/Morillo are good examples of that kind of dj. ray dont be so critical dude. it will prevent you from having a good time, which is the soul reason I GO OUT!

exactly, when does having new music constitute being a great dj or not? its a fuckin party for christ sakes.

Ive said it before a good dj plays the latest music but a GREAT dj playes 30+yrs worth of dance music and make it work. If anyone is curious bout the sets they will be coming in afew and you can judge for yourself.

And ray in case you missed it exacta did play REJ which has been out since last sept when tedd patterson was dropping in since last aug, so techincally by your standards it mustve been terrible hehe. Dude its NEVER about the LATEST TUNES or I ONLY GOT THIS, cause if thats the attitude behind a dj/fan then it is very limited.