Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Someone in Vegas please book Carl Cox

vegasguy25

• 1 month later...

The sound there is actually pretty good...Tabu is such a small place that it gets pretty loud...you don't have to worry about bass bottoming out or anything...if you are gonna be there for that date though, I DEFINITELY recommend a table reservation...that place gets crowded QUICK!!!

I am pretty disappointed that Carl isn't playing a club like Ice or Jet, and is instead playing Tabu, a lounge, and a small one at that. I would love to hear the story behind how Carl came to get booked at Tabu. That seems like such an odd spot to book a DJ like Carl Cox. I can't imagine he would have heavily discounted his massive booking fee for this gig. I hear what Martinstein is saying about seeing Carl in an intimate venue, but not one like Tabu. Tabu doesn't even have a dancefloor. Don't get me wrong guys, I like Tabu. However, it seems like a much less than ideal setting for someone like Carl Cox.

You're going to see more and more headlining DJs play at Tabu on Wednesday nights, as well as on special one-off nights like Tuesdays... sometimes private parties, sometimes a party early that opens to the public later.

No, it's not a huge spot and no it's not geared around having a jumping, sweaty dancefloor. It's a very intimate place with a unique feel to it... and for gigs on nights like Wednesdays, it's very much the kind of place that more and more DJs are starting to head back to. Gives them a chance to interact with the crowd in the club on a more personal level, play some of the tracks they may love but don't really jive with what they may normally play in their headlining gigs at the mega-clubs.

For some of these mega-DJs, a big motivation is that they fondly remember the days where they spun small clubs; for others it's about not wanting to play a huge, bombastic party 5 nights a week, especially after a long, busy summer of islands and festivals. And in the case of at least one superstar DJ, Tabu was simply a place that he'd always wanted to play at.

So it's not always about making the biggest dollar... even in Vegas. And let's be honest, there are very, very few DJs that can demand (and receive) the same booking fees on a Wednesday that they get on a Saturday

or Sunday.

I admit I was surprised when I first started seeing some of the names that Tabu was lining up on Wednesdays, especially considering that Tabu wasn't bending over backwards to promote these nights. And the more I talked to people that know the industry -- not just in Vegas, but in NYC, Boston and London -- the more I started hearing how more and more of the big names are starting to go back to the small, cozy clubs for midweek gigs.

Obviously well said Greenie.

Well personally myself I am friends with the GM of Tabu. As a matter of fact I am holding my birthday there on Nov. 28th. Open bar Guestlist is full however it will be $50Guys/$25Girls. Already most of the industry elite are on the guest list. A surprise guest DJ from the UK to spin the party. Going to be off the hook....

Any how back to Tabu. Tabu itself has tried to go back to the likes of house music. Wednesday night is the perfect night to compete with what the industry has to offer and still be able to maximize their dollar. Also at the same time by booking the DJs that they have it works out because the crowd on Wednesday is completely different than the weekend crowd.

So far this summer they had Bad Boy Bill, Richard Humpty Vission, Chris Cox and upcoming is Carl Cox. There was talk of Tiesto spinning Marc Jay's Birthday party on Oct. 5th. However he has chosen to stay back in Amsterdam.

Obviously well said Greenie.

Well personally myself I am friends with the GM of Tabu. As a matter of fact I am holding my birthday there on Nov. 28th. Open bar Guestlist is full however it will be $50Guys/$25Girls. Already most of the industry elite are on the guest list. A surprise guest DJ from the UK to spin the party. Going to be off the hook....

Any how back to Tabu. Tabu itself has tried to go back to the likes of house music. Wednesday night is the perfect night to compete with what the industry has to offer and still be able to maximize their dollar. Also at the same time by booking the DJs that they have it works out because the crowd on Wednesday is completely different than the weekend crowd.

So far this summer they had Bad Boy Bill, Richard Humpty Vission, Chris Cox and upcoming is Carl Cox. There was talk of Tiesto spinning Marc Jay's Birthday party on Oct. 5th. However he has chosen to stay back in Amsterdam.

Tabu and the S Man...now that would be cool.

Since I have been planning my B-Day there...I have gotten word that the Actual Count Capacity is 350. Now they usually go over that...MartinStein your right that night was pretty crazy. They will definitely draw the 400 people needed to fill the place however they have done really no promoting...So it will be busy definitely will be sold on tables quick...They only have 27. Will certainly be very busy...

Contact myself or my partner for any Table Res.

Untitled Document