Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So Jonathan Peters won America's Best DJ....

i work on the weekends, so i mainly catch parties on the weekday or when im off work. when i can i will, but every video ive looked up on youtube is all the songs these people id,just seems like he plays the same set over and over, but ill check him out.any weekday gigs coming up?

and its really not hard to id a track, if you listen to house music then how do you not know whats getting played. thats like going to listen to a 50 cent concert and not knowing some songs b.c they werent played on the radio, but they were on the cd. no matter how much a song is remixed,even on the fly, how hard is it to i.d. it. weird crowd ,seems like a crowd who just goes for the classics or something.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then why wasn't this award presented in USA then???

but thats JP for you, he chooses to secluded from the rest of the world unlike DT, BT, Oscar G, Markus Schulz and AMERICAN DJs who have branched and made a name for themselves around the world

jp doesnt have a choice but to stay here, he has a handful of fans outside the tri-state area, just imagine outside the US, with his trainwrecks, he would get booed off the stage, but his fans love him and i am sure they each voted 200 times apiece

i work on the weekends, so i mainly catch parties on the weekday or when im off work. when i can i will, but every video ive looked up on youtube is all the songs these people id,just seems like he plays the same set over and over, but ill check him out.any weekday gigs coming up?

and its really not hard to id a track, if you listen to house music then how do you not know whats getting played. thats like going to listen to a 50 cent concert and not knowing some songs b.c they werent played on the radio, but they were on the cd. no matter how much a song is remixed,even on the fly, how hard is it to i.d. it. weird crowd ,seems like a crowd who just goes for the classics or something.

You said "every" video ok can you ID this one?

Now if a contest says Britney spears is the best singer of all time does it mean anything at all really? Or will/would people in the industry really know waht the deal is and not even think twice about b spears getting such an award because of her POPULARITY.

LOL

Now if a contest says Britney spears is the best singer of all time does it mean anything at all really? Or will/would people in the industry really know waht the deal is and not even think twice about b spears getting such an award because of her POPULARITY.

Definatly agree with you. PVD and Tiesto are usually at tops of the DJ top 100 but most of the voting comes from Europe.

It would be difficult to say who is americas top DJ. I think a better way of that would be having a panel of judges do it. but it was just a popularity thing. Obviously most of the voting came from this area. I dont think JP spins down in Miami or out on the west coast and all ovwer the US like a Tenaglia would.

I voted for Calderone.

Definatly agree with you. PVD and Tiesto are usually at tops of the DJ top 100 but most of the voting comes from Europe.

It would be difficult to say who is americas top DJ.

I voted for Calderone.

The DJ TIMES was stricly for American based DJs and was only conducted the in the USA. The DJ MAG poll includes DJs from everywhere and the poll is conducted through out the world.

And don't say most of the voting comes from Europe cuz it doesn't

heres something from the DJ Mag poll from last year...DJ MAG is UK based

***From the DJ Mag website (its UK-based)

A staggering 123,933 dance music fans voted in DJmag's 2005 Top 100 DJs poll.

That's 33,000 more than last year and a true indication that dance music is still a massive global phenomenon.

The truly global reach of DJ culture was once again highlighted with votes coming in from 147 different countries.

The USA provided the most votes in 2005, closely followed by the UK, and then Germany.

The DJ TIMES was stricly for American based DJs and was only conducted the in the USA. The DJ MAG poll includes DJs from everywhere and the poll is conducted through out the world.

And don't say most of the voting comes from Europe cuz it doesn't

heres something from the DJ Mag poll from last year...DJ MAG is UK based

***From the DJ Mag website (its UK-based)

The point i was making is that most of the votes from JP im sure came from this area. I am sure if he were to go to the west coast people would barely havve any interest in him. While Tenaglia could still pack the house. Maybe he should have been voted NYCs best DJ.

If you read your post it said the largest came from US followed by the UK and germany. Im sure if you added all of Europe together it would be more than the Us. which is why i said it mostly came from europe.

hype is owning niggas on this thread...

and for the record dieselboy is the BEST american dj...just too bad not many people like dnb...

this is true while i am not a fan of drum n bass but if jp won i think its because of poularity, coming from a technical standpoint and ability to play many musical genres i would have to go with francois k, danny tenaglia, david morales.

this is true while i am not a fan of drum n bass but if jp won i think its because of poularity, coming from a technical standpoint and ability to play many musical genres i would have to go with francois k, danny tenaglia, david morales.

agreed...technically jp has been a mess for years...but he is very popular and he brings out the crowd...i went to surf club on labor day to hear him spin...thankfully we left shortly after 10 cause he was a disaster...

My thing is this......

I think if he got this award during the peak of his SF residency then it would be something to cheer about. But now between the power of the internet, and all these 18 n over gigs he is doing and the fact the way DJ TIMES voting was done kinda puts an * on this one, IMO. I mean with DJ Mag you have 1 shot to vote on your top 5 DJs and once you submit the top 5, they shoot back a link to you e-mail so you can validate your picks. With DJ Times, you could vote as many times as you want just by creating a false e-mail

Of course he won. You had a ghey campaign on his board and on Myspace to vote him in, and people encouraging each other to make up multiple e-mail addresses to repeatedly vote for him. Ergo, this is bullshit, just like all the other DJ rankings. JP is a washed up farce of a DJ. Compared to guys like DT, Derrick Carter, Mark Farina, Victor Calderone and many many other quality American DJs, JP is a joke.

your a fuckin joke bro.. hatersss will always be haterss

francois k /bow

man doesn't get the credit and respect he deserves. he is by far one of the most talented dj's in the world

Well deserved Johnny!!!! He has been doing it longer and more consistent then any other American dj out there. the guy is just a machine.

CONGRATS!!! :bounce:

now this is comedy ...umm there are djs out there for more than 30 years thank u ...who play all over the world and the us ..more so than jp

ps please try n refrain from using the word"classics" ...jp does nothing of the sort ..maybe sf classics...but they are only classics to them ..not the rest of the community