Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Great Door Quotes

lalate

My recent favorite, after someone waited in line for almost 2 hours on Saturday: "What, the cover doesn't include drink tickets? We just went to the Beach last night and they know what they're doing. I want to speak to someone in management because you guys obviously don't know how to run a business!"

Other favorites: "These nike's cost over $100!" and "We have 15 guys in this bachelor party. Don't we get a group discount?"

Yet another one from last night...

(via cellphone to a buddy at another venue, "late" in the night)

"lalate, they are doing Christmas in September at the bar. They got they whole place covered in snow like Christmas"

Me: "Why do Christmas on a Wednesday?!"

I love when I head of a lame club at like 12 and shout at the sea of people out side "Oh my god that club fcking blowed! Dont wait in line for this crap!"

..... You'd be shocked how many people walk away right after the comment, or after asking why it scks so badly.

Overheard at the Tao door, the Thursday following LDW, a group of guys asking a host about their bottle minimum:

"Does water count?"

(this question was asked in a serious tone)

ding ding ding - i think we have a winner! :clap:

i also love when someone shows up and says they are friends with the promoter who is standing right there and the promoter has no idea who that person is.

One NYE at 54, a guy was holding up the entire line, arguing with the clipboard holder, telling him to look under Bob's name (wasn't listed), then under John's name (same story), etc. Finally exasperated, the customer said, "I'm with CAC!" The doorman stared at him, said he had no idea what he was talking about and to please move out of the way. In LA, "CAC" would've pulled weight (it's a big talent agency) but it was great watching this guy's face just fall as he shuffled to the side, through the crowd and left.