Clubplanet Nightlife Community

carl cox and dt at pacha...eh

so i just got back from pacha...honestly i couldnt stand being there any longer. carl cox came on at one and sucked big time. totally not like the last time i saw him. i was expecting something hard but it was all very mellow and lazy. i felt like i was in a lounge. it didnt help that the place was packed with spikey haired guidos, juiceheads, and old (i mean like 50plus years old) asians fucked up on drugs. i am so disappointed it seems like nyc parties keep getting worse and worse. i stayed around to hear dt a little and he was much better, but honestly i didnt stay for the whole mash up thing so it could be crazy in there for all i know. but even if it was there was too many people in there for me to enjoy it. theres nothing worse than feeling some guy with no shirt rub his sweaty back on you while trying to move through the crowd...boo!

on a side note i saw alot of faces from cp way back...dont know if they still post because im not on here too much...that was cool

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carl was awesome from first tune to last. came on at 1245. by 2 am he was into some out of hand off the charts mindfuuck tech/beats, it was the most off the charts music ive heard in 2006.

his crobar set was the best i heard all year, five stars of 5.

pacha was better, it was 5 stars +

bu 330-4 carl whipped up some further breaks and mad beats. loved hin 4-415 closing segment.

dt came on with some fierce hard beats but id been there for carl and imo dt's hard beats were rigid next to coxys fluid tech rhythms.

bounced at 440.

carl = five stars plus of 5 stars, best set ive heard in 2006 and ive heard nearly every top dj in nyc this year.

dt was hot last time at pacha n i'll be back in nov for him to see if he can top this mega/plus night.

yea i agree carl was kinda weak last night imo

i mean he was just playing tech house and he was non consistant like one track would be good then the next track would be a lil slower and not as banging i dunno it was my first time seeing him and i thought he was gonna be alot better

and the crowd on the main floor was awfull

about a third of it was asians doing the dumb swing dance

and another third was just clueless people standing around doing nothing

the rest of the crowd was into the music which was good

but the moment of the night had to be when carl and dt were tag teaming

amazing tech house they were goin off

dt got on the mic and said next time they are gonna tag team for longer so that should be interesting

over all it was a good night but nothing mind blowing

yea i agree carl was kinda weak last night imo

i mean he was just playing tech house and he was non consistant like one track would be good then the next track would be a lil slower and not as banging i dunno it was my first time seeing him and i thought he was gonna be alot better

and the crowd on the main floor was awfull

about a third of it was asians doing the dumb swing dance

and another third was just clueless people standing around doing nothing

the rest of the crowd was into the music which was good

but the moment of the night had to be when carl and dt were tag teaming

amazing tech house they were goin off

dt got on the mic and said next time they are gonna tag team for longer so that should be interesting

over all it was a good night but nothing mind blowing

what time did it end?

so i just got back from pacha...honestly i couldnt stand being there any longer. carl cox came on at one and sucked big time. totally not like the last time i saw him. i was expecting something hard but it was all very mellow and lazy. i felt like i was in a lounge. it didnt help that the place was packed with spikey haired guidos, juiceheads, and old (i mean like 50plus years old) asians fucked up on drugs. i am so disappointed it seems like nyc parties keep getting worse and worse. i stayed around to hear dt a little and he was much better, but honestly i didnt stay for the whole mash up thing so it could be crazy in there for all i know. but even if it was there was too many people in there for me to enjoy it. theres nothing worse than feeling some guy with no shirt rub his sweaty back on you while trying to move through the crowd...boo!

on a side note i saw alot of faces from cp way back...dont know if they still post because im not on here too much...that was cool

This is exactly why I tend to avoid these "big name" events. Why the hell would anyone want to drop 50 bucks to stand in a club that is 100 degrees and there is no room to dance? I just don't see the allure in that. Not to mention the fact that they tend to bring out the absolute worst crowds. You get all the little Jersey and Long Island punk asses who ruin the vibe w/ their tough guy attitudes and their horrible dancing skills. There are many other parties around that will have music that is just as good or better.

you guys dont know what ya talking about I JUST GOT HOME and its 7pm lol, Danny t played until 415pm sunday afteroon, if you left aroudn 9am or sooner im sorry but you missed a whole other 7hrs of magic. Shit was great from beging to end, crowd wise well yeah it was packed DEAL WITH IT, i hate it as well but what can you do. Musically i had no complaints at all.

Danny was amazing, one of the best sets that I have ever heard.

I got there at 5am, and Danny was already on. I was hoping for more of a tag-team, between the two, but once I heard the way he was playing, right away, I was more than pleased with hearing Danny, all day.

I wonder what people were hoping for, that weren't happy with the way he played. Seriously, what were you looking for?

Anyone complaining about the music has no clue what they are talking about.....That was probably the best set I have ever heard from Danny since God know's when...I dont think he played one song that I didnt like the whole time he played....Danny in Pacha is really something else, I didnt think he would be able to outdo his last performance there but this was even better....Would give a tracklisting if I knew anything he played but didnt really recognize one song....

yo i cant imagine waiting all lnight until nine a.m. for good music...but i should have known better. years ago i didnt like s.f. parties until after five a.m. when the crowds left and the music got better. i should have came to pacha at five, oh well lesson learned lol...but yeah it was waay to hot in there. and i dunno how anyonne could like what cox was doing. he was very very off... i dunno alot of people are saying it was so crazy but i didnt see that many people going crazy and dancing hard like parties i went to years ago, but maybe i missed it since i left early.

and yeah the crowd was horrible. no one knows how to dance, and the few that do have no room becauses theres so many people. i prefer the old sound factory. it was dirtier, pacha seems to try very hard to impress. like everyone there is trying to hard to be hip and look better than everyone else. i think thats pretty lame.

my highlight of the night was this asian dude complaining about all the old asians. he said he saw his uncle there...that was hilarious...

ill be sure to check out dt another time

Left at 11 wow danny rocked as usual just great the way he programs his sets....or I should say his mini-sets going from tech to progressive house into some dark tribal then some twisted electro, tech house etc... he was playing jams after jams some I remember

Black Water

Workkidz - Clix

Sander Van Doorn - Direkt Disko

Depeche Mode - John the Revealtor danny's own edit of this was crazy

Paul Woolford - Erotic Discourse danny was blending this with another song

Marcella - Stabbing pulled this one out of now where great crowd reaction

Reap(vocal from 1992) wish I knew the artist

Left at 11 wow danny rocked as usual just great the way he programs his sets....or I should say his mini-sets going from tech to progressive house into some dark tribal then some twisted electro, tech house etc... he was playing jams after jams some I remember

Black Water

Workkidz - Clix

Sander Van Doorn - Direkt Disko

Depeche Mode - John the Revealtor danny's own edit of this was crazy

Paul Woolford - Erotic Discourse danny was blending this with another song

Marcella - Stabbing pulled this one out of now where great crowd reaction

Reap(vocal from 1992) wish I knew the artist

Just remembered he played erotic discourse with samples of Alcatraz-giv me Luv that was hot...Artist for Reap is Vernessa Mitchell by the way

I cant believe some of ya didnt like this party. yes carl cox was mediocre at best,but he still brought home before the Tag Team wich was pretty fawking insane in my opinion.the Crowd factor you had to deal with it i was walking around with my boy trying to find a place to dance and had a great time dancing my ass off from beginning to the end. Danny took over this fawking room and just went out of his cot dam mind!!. alot of the tracks he was playing were some of his own eddits so its kindda hard to Id those tracks since No One has them =]. but did he kick my fawking ass man i'm paralized from the hips down. TY DT cant wait to hear him again.

ps: my high light of the night was actually something very special i thought

when danny dropped a Track my boy ron made and you could see it in his face sooo happy for him. omgawdd was that track insane!! i couldnt believe my ears haha.

what party was everybody else at??? this was one AMAZING night.. Carl Cox incredible / Danny Amazing.. granted everybody has the right to their own opinion but the vibe in pacha from the dance floor to the pachita was UNREAL! kudos to pacha, made and everyone else involved for this night.

really, i cant believe people are slagging coxy's set. and some did the same on his crobar set in april.

jesus ive been hearing him nearly every nyc set since 1998 & last night had soem tunes that reminded me of his twilo 8 hour masterpieces, altho coxy only plays 3, 4 hrs now.

plus at about 2 am or so he had such a cauldron of hot tech beats working against each other i and most of the people on the stairs near me were jumping up & down like a hardcore show or something- it was transcendant!

I thought pachas staff handled the jammed numbers well.

yes there were some monkey/meatheads doing the gorilla dance, espec on 2nd floor near the fire doors, but actually i thought cc/dt brought out a more seasoned & correct mix than, for example, crobar behrouz last week, which had one of teh scummiest messes of 18 year olds from SI ot NJ or whereves looking nasty & behaving like retard zone in 6th grade.

plus pacha beamed the music to 3rd floor pachita & it was refreshing to haer cc & soem of dt up there too, wicked sound on pachita too.

quite a few of czrls tunes blew me away & just the friction of the tech beats he serves-- hes unique, i have never heard a dj do it that way with the energy & 98%+ on point genius mixes.

imo coxy last night was *****+ of 5 stars- and Ive heard loads of the big names in nyc in 2006 already! imo coxy blew them out!!!

and yes im coming back for DT in nov: his pacha debut was slamming & i expect he will top even himself in nov....

I completely missed cox, came at 7am, left at 2pm. For those of you that have been going to danny for years should know by now his sweet spot is late morning. And by then most of the bullshit crowd has left and you see your "friends" :)

Great time, cant wait till friday for vibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbe!