Clubplanet Nightlife Community

carl cox and dt at pacha...eh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can not go to these before 5 AM if the crowd is something that is gonna bother you.

DT is the fucking man. Can't wait to see him again. He is doing a "Boo Yourself" Halloween party and I will def be there. He has been totally fucking awesome his last few shows and Pacha is one place he rocks in.

everyoen is def entitles to their own opinion

did not get to hear COX but but DT killed it, I was never big of a fan, but recent sets of his, have won me over big time.

bomb after bomb,

the crowd was fine to me, compared to the mess of a crowd the week of the jp party,

stayed till about 12, and loved every minute of it ,

hes back

on november 11th

I got there at 11:00 - i know - real early and stayed til god knows when. noon or so.

My boy is moving to Vermont today and this was his going away party. Couldn't think of a better way to send him off. Cox was sick and DT was even better. Sure it was crowded but that's to be expected. Loved that they had the whole place pumpin the same music. I never go up to Pachita because I hate hip hop but made my way up there and was pleasantly surprised to hear Cox and DT. It was also nice up there because you could actually find room to dance.

Gotta say - I just love Pacha - the system, the layout, all great!!

One of the best nights I've had out. Can't wait for DT in November.

Gabe - nice meeting you downstairs!!!

I was there after Roger at crobar got closed at fuckin 4:30. (Pathetic) I got to say I hated the music. Just dont like those dark evil tech beats. There noise to me. Crazy monster vocals. Trance breakdowns. Fog horns. Bike Horns, Zippers, god nos what else. (WHO IS MAKING THIS SHIT) That shit is just not for me. The beats just make no sense. It just has no groove, hard driving weird sounds. Its not music. ITS NOIZE!!! Only can take so much of it. 6 hrs was about 5 hrs past my limit.

More than half of the people there,(17-21 year olds) could not even name one track, or to be honest remember any of them. Including Blackwater. Some real scary crackhead people in there. I know he has his old fans, (you know who you are, please take no offense to my venting) But these kids just go to dance, and look good. All they care about. DTs tech is hard, driving, and great to move too, even though it sounds like complete ear piercing garbage.

With all that said. If your goin to dance, show off how good you gotten dancing in front of a mirror to the final chapter, by yourself in your bedroom and not listen to the music, Go see DT, go see JP. You can dance all you want to that hard driving, ear piercing garbage. Most of them will not remember what they are dancing too, 2 secs after the track ends.

Before I get any idiot remarks, Remember, I always state my opinion. If you liked it im glad, Tech is all you, and please ignore my statements. But the kids who go to dance and look good. That is what is killin it. DJs play music. Thats what they are gettin paid for. We need to be there listen 1st!!!! everything else is secondary.

I cant believe some of ya didnt like this party. yes carl cox was mediocre at best,but he still brought home before the Tag Team wich was pretty fawking insane in my opinion.the Crowd factor you had to deal with it i was walking around with my boy trying to find a place to dance and had a great time dancing my ass off from beginning to the end. Danny took over this fawking room and just went out of his cot dam mind!!. alot of the tracks he was playing were some of his own eddits so its kindda hard to Id those tracks since No One has them =]. but did he kick my fawking ass man i'm paralized from the hips down. TY DT cant wait to hear him again.

I thought you were retired? I went to Crobar and had a blast although it sucks that Sanchez never got past the really commerical stuff he usually plays early in the night there, since it got shut down @ 4:30 :(

I was there after Roger at crobar got closed at fuckin 4:30. (Pathetic) I got to say I hated the music. Just dont like those dark evil tech beats. There noise to me. Crazy monster vocals. Trance breakdowns. Fog horns. Bike Horns, Zippers, god nos what else. (WHO IS MAKING THIS SHIT) That shit is just not for me. The beats just make no sense. It just has no groove, hard driving weird sounds. Its not music. ITS NOIZE!!! Only can take so much of it. 6 hrs was about 5 hrs past my limit.

More than half of the people there,(17-21 year olds) could not even name one track, or to be honest remember any of them. Including Blackwater. Some real scary crackhead people in there. I know he has his old fans, (you know who you are, please take no offense to my venting) But these kids just go to dance, and look good. All they care about. DTs tech is hard, driving, and great to move too, even though it sounds like complete ear piercing garbage.

With all that said. If your goin to dance, show off how good you gotten dancing in front of a mirror to the final chapter, by yourself in your bedroom and not listen to the music, Go see DT, go see JP. You can dance all you want to that hard driving, ear piercing garbage. Most of them will not remember what they are dancing too, 2 secs after the track ends.

Before I get any idiot remarks, Remember, I always state my opinion. If you liked it im glad, Tech is all you, and please ignore my statements. But the kids who go to dance and look good. That is what is killin it. DJs play music. Thats what they are gettin paid for. We need to be there listen 1st!!!! everything else is secondary.

i honestly have absolutely no clue what u were tying to say by this post...NOOOOOOO CLUE...ur all over the place

I thought Carl Cox's set was great. To me, he played very sophisticated, superbly technical, gave real warmth to the tech beats. Someone here said "fluid" and I'd have to agree with that. I enjoyed it very much.

Anyway, the building was packed to the rafters. The one thing that really took this down a few notches was how packed it was, and also how RUDE people are these days. I saw (and experienced) straight up, not-even-trying-to-hide-it pushing. Like hand on the shoulderblade, get out of my f'ing way, PUSHING. It made me really mad. Talk about how things have changed...I know some of the people who've been clubbing a long time get teased for bringing up "the old days" but if there's anything to dispel the fantasy of "we're in this for the communal release, we're one big family on the dancefloor," acting like barbarians while walking thru the crowd is probably it.

But these kids just go to dance...

But the kids who go to dance...

you are def right in everyone having their own opinion when it comes to musical tastes and genres, good and bad crowds but...

having a problem with people that go out to DANCE at a club?! Most people do NOT go out to a club to test their knowledge of music. Most people go out to actually ENJOY music. And if it brings them to dance; well isn't that why most went?

I could only imagine how fun a club with 3000 people standing around NOT dancing and scrutinizing every note and measure an artist lays down would be...good times! :blank:

Then ur a dumbass!!! Its damn clear what im tryin to say. Next time ill post it in IDIOT for you. Then hopefully ull understand.

No in ur post its a rambaling mess... and know ur gonna cmment on 2 great Dj's.. WTF ur opinion just went to the shitter.. sanchez and DT are NYC greats.. bro ur really a negative mess lately.. but like u said its ur opinion and this is mine pce pce.. hope u cheer up soon!!

rayray... i think you posted on the wrong thread.... cos obviously no one cares about sanchez if they were at DT and Coxy....

Didn't arrive at Pacha til 7 (after getting a full night's sleep, thank G-D!)... there was no way I was dealing with the overcrowding and drama that goes along with getting there early... couldn't really care less about Carl Cox. I've seen him so many times already, and I'm just not all that into it.

DT didn't even really get going until at least 8 or 9. He was very spotty and couldn't really make up his mind where he was going or taking us. That all changed around 9, and he got down to bizniss.

Definately one of my most enjoyable times seeing him. He just pulled out one bomb after another, and had my azz dancing nonstop, literally. Hence, the thank g-d I was well-rested, cos otherwise, there is NO WAY I could've or would've enjoyed his set as much. I was in so much pain, yet still couldn't stop. Just couldn't.

Left around 2. Wish I could've stayed longer, but my body was hating me at that point. I'm in so much pain. UGH!!!

For all of you that didn't enjoy DT's set, you probably left early. My own personal experience is he usually doesn't get that good til 8 or 9 anyway. I wouldn't waste my time or money getting there early, because I get annoyed and discouraged by all the sweaty meatheads and asians (which, surprisingly enough, there really weren't that many asians, aside from that 60 year old short guy who does tai chi all over the dance floor). At least that's the observation me and B made.... again, this was around 10 or 11 in the morning.

Around noon he got on the booth and started dancing and having a blast....

Seriously, one of my fav mornings spent with the man.

that tai chi guy actually must know a thing or 2 about music cause he was at behrouz last week at crobar. An funny tign at the end him and danny t were dancing together at the very end of the night quite afunny scene to wtiness.

haha gabe that was great seeing danny and mr. kung fu battle it while anthony lamont hearding! hehe haha

i wanna see vids! i wanted to die laughing but i did not have the energy by that time!

what a night!!! i got there around 5ish just in time for danny to take over. it was still very crowded but i heard it was worse during carl's set. :o i can only imagine.

i do agree with jess, danny did take awhile to warm up. however, around 7ish or so......that was when the masacre began! :o

ophfffff! i really felt the party was great during after hours. there was such a vibe in that room that made me smile ear to ear! :D

musically, you all know what the man is capable of.....so no need to say more! hehe

what a night! first time listening to cox and i thought he was awesome... and danny... those nasty beats from 6am onwards... :bowdown:

as far as the crowd is concerned... oh man... it was a painful night - whats up with these old (def 50+) asians standing in the middle of the dance floor just staring at you... guess i've learned to deal with it...

when and where is boo yourself? cant wait for vibe next weekend...

Carl started off slow... i would say he didnt get going til about 230 almost 3. He wasn't the best as usual. Now danny on the other hand. Danny took us to a place I never been before. he was so dark, so dirty so grimey with what he was dropping I felt dirty and loved every second of it. I had an amazing time. Definitely worth every penny.

you are def right in everyone having their own opinion when it comes to musical tastes and genres, good and bad crowds but...

having a problem with people that go out to DANCE at a club?! Most people do NOT go out to a club to test their knowledge of music. Most people go out to actually ENJOY music. And if it brings them to dance; well isn't that why most went?

I could only imagine how fun a club with 3000 people standing around NOT dancing and scrutinizing every note and measure an artist lays down would be...good times! :blank:

im not crazy right...? his post made no sense...he made clubbing sound like it should be birdwatching..where u sit obediently and classify the phylum/genum of ur surroundings