Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC '07 advice - do this now! i promise you will be happy

deepfunk

OK so the WMC 2007 dates have been announced, March 20-25. Do yourself a favor and book a hotel reservation now! It's the best time to do it and it will mentally make you commit to going. Trust me if you are a passionate fan of dance music, you DO NOT want to miss WMC. I've gone for years. It is by far my favorite time of year, even more than Burning Man. Miami is the best party city in the US and this is THE time to be there. I made my hotel reservation today and I've already started looking into flight times and costs as well. I got a killer deal by the way!

Hotel rates will be decent for about the next 48 hours or so. Then the hotels will realize it's WMC time - they will jack up the rates and start putting manditory 3, 4, or even 5 day minimum stays. It's already pretty pricey to stay there and it will just get worse. Right now most places don't have minimum stays and they will usually give you a 72 hour cancellation without being charged a fee policy as well. That changes real quick too. They'll try to lock you in and charge you if you cancel.

Just go to a site like hotels.com, do a search of the dates you want to go (22-25 is my recommendation if work, cost, etc is an issue), get a good list of some hotels and their rates and instead of booking through them, call up the hotels directly. I've been to Miami many times and have stayed at lots of different hotels, from dumps to the Ritz-Carlton. If you have any questions about the hotel, it's location, etc that you want answered before you book, just reply to this post. I'll try to help with info if I can.

Really though the most important thing is to make the reservation so you have a mental commitment to going. It is months away, but doing this will make you start planning and saving now. Weyes, I'm directing this one at you big time. You'll thank me if you take this advice.

Where should we be looking, is there "best area" to book? or is a general search of Miami enough. I'd be looking for something moderately priced, where I would be able to sleep when I wanted. Dont want to stay where there is people screaming at all times of the night/day. but maybe not more than 15mins drive from party central.

well first off, you want to stay in south beach. i really do not recommend renting a car and driving in/out. parking is a nightmare, traffic is brutal and then there is the inebriation factor. it's much more convenient and fun to stay right in south beach.

you'll likely want to stay in a hotel between 5th and about 20th and ocean/collns and washington. here's a map of south beach so you can see what area i'm referring to - Yahoo! Maps - Miami Beach, FL 33139-5011

that's the address for this hotel - South Beach Hotels * South Beach Hotels Miami * South Beach Lodging * South Beach Lodging and Accommodations * Essex Hotel

it's a good spot. what is moderately priced to you? are you going to share a room? have you done the search on hotels.com or another similar site?

i took a look on Wednesday at rates and was suprised at the pricing - the highest i've ever seen it for the WMC. we got really lucky this past year - i got a 2-story beachfront suite at the Sagamore that usually goes for $1,500 for $440...I don't count on that happening this year!

O.K. Deep, I booked my trip, we'll be staying at the Habana libre beach resort, formerly the villa capri. It's on collins ave.

Now, I went online to WMC, what is the registration all about, do we have to register to go to the parties? /we will be in town from thurs-sun, hope that will allow to see the good d.j's :)

Come on Weyes! you gotta be next, put it on the credit card, and pay it off like lay a way :laugh2:

first off, congrats! good for you!

now your hotel is a bit up collins. not too far, but it will likely mean more cab rides for you.

as far as registration goes, are you in the music biz? if not, then i'd say registering isn't really going to save you enough to justify spending the $. put it this way, i'm in the music biz and i have never registered.

starting around late jan/early feb there is a master party list that you can view online. you can also get on the email list and get weekly updates. they print up pocket sized editions at wmc and hand them out. be sure to grab one right away. the thing will be your bible. actually grab a few, you'll end up losing at least one and your friends will too. i also make my own list from the master list because it is just too damn big. i cut and paste the parties that i want to at least try to hit. by the time wmc comes you will be stunned by the list of amazing parties. it begins to get really tough to choose which ones you will have to hit each day and night. make sure to check some names that you maybe have heard of, but haven't experienced before. avoid the temptaion to only support your friends or names you know. push your genre boundries too. if a friend has been raving about a new sound, producer or dj, investigate to see if they turn you on too. part of what makes this great is meeting new people and getting introduced to new music. take some chances.

what style(s) of music do you most enjoy?

oh yeah, and one other question - did you book flights too? if possible, i recommend taking the red eye wed night and arriving thurs am. its a bit tough starting this party marathon after what will be likely be a less than great night of sleep on a plane, but this is the big time! buck up and get there asap. trust me, by the time you start seeing the party list you'll wish you were getting there tuesday and by the time you land you'll be running off the plane to get to the parties!

I am a avid fan of Trance, I looooove my Diggers, Sasha, Sandra Collins, Ferry just to name a few. As for flight yeah, that was part of the package, we arrive at 8pm, leave here at 12 noon. It was a non stop flight. So believe me that we will be well rested prior to getting on the plane, and half dressed, so we can get booging ASAP. Thanx so much for the advice!!!:getdown:

you're right, you're right. i've been wanting to go for years... i ain't getting younger :( ! sanci, i'd love to put it on a credit card, but all my cards have a 29.99% apr or higher! i can't afford that :( !!! i've gotta find a way, though :( . i was thinking about asking everyone for the money for xmas/my b'day (both within a 2-day span), but if i gotta book now, that won't fly; i think asking now would be rude.

i'm at a loss. i'll have to see if there's anything i can do :cry: .

wow deep funk that is really nice of u to post all this info. are u promoting the event too? ive never been, i want to go, i may b able to stay at the shelbourne (sp?) but im not sure yet.

Very nice of deepfunk to post the advice. Already got hotel and flight for me and my girl. First time to Miami and to WMC. Always used the excuse, as I live in NJ, that I can catch all the acts in NYC at one time or another. Finally made the plans far in advance. Can't fuckin wait!

barn - great man! you two are going to have an awesome time. the weather is amazing too.

bella - the shelborne is a nice hotel - Shelborne Beach Resort - Luxury South Beach Hotels - Miami Beach Hotel - they have parties and events there as well. should be fun for you. i hope you can lock that in. and no, i don't promote for wmc i just love it! i'm happy to help with info. we (deepfunk) may do a party there this year. we haven't thrown one for a few years. more info on this to come.

weyes - there are hotels that will take credit card reservations and charge you only one night's stay as deposit. that will change real quick though, so move now! if you do what i suggest earlier in this thread you'll be able to find a hotel pretty easily. as for flights, you can probably wait until x-mas without fares going up much and still have plenty of choices on flight departure times, etc. come on now! you've got to go!

lola - hey girl! you have noooo excuse! you better get that hot ass on the dancefloor!

weyes - there are hotels that will take credit card reservations and charge you only one night's stay as deposit. that will change real quick though, so move now! if you do what i suggest earlier in this thread you'll be able to find a hotel pretty easily. as for flights, you can probably wait until x-mas without fares going up much and still have plenty of choices on flight departure times, etc. come on now! you've got to go!

lola - hey girl! you have noooo excuse! you better get that hot ass on the dancefloor!

Weyes I also read on the WMC website that they are giving a special discount code for American airlines. Come on chica, you, me, deepfunk, and lola, sounds like superfun.

ok - one of my credit cards is giving a special rate on balance transfers; if i charge it to one of my high rate cards and transfer it, it'll be cheaper :idea: !!!

wmc veterans like deepfunk:

where exactly should i be staying, as in geographically? can you please be extremely specific? if i can pull this off, i wanna do it asap, correctly, and as cheaply as possible :spin2: ! and the site (which is what, exactly?) explains all the dates and who's playing when? i don't know anything yet and i'm gonna have to figure out which days to take off from work :confused: !

and thanks for starting this thread, deepfunk!

sanci - it would be a great party for us all :aright: ...

p.s. which days should i go for, in your opinion? when do you think i should arrive and leave?

bella - the shelborne is a nice hotel - Shelborne Beach Resort - Luxury South Beach Hotels - Miami Beach Hotel - they have parties and events there as well. should be fun for you. i hope you can lock that in. and no, i don't promote for wmc i just love it! i'm happy to help with info. we (deepfunk) may do a party there this year. we haven't thrown one for a few years. more info on this to come.

well!! u are getting me really excited (oo la la lol) about wmc just reading this...my friend reserved a few rooms at the shelborne a while ago at the end of march, so im hoping i end up there! what type of party you have deepfunk???

and what night u think i should i fly in, march 19th? 20th? 25th is last day right....trying to figure this out w/work and all.....thank u so much again!

weyes - alright! that's a girl! so glad you are really considering! ok so here's some info for ya: you'll idealy want to stay between 5th street and 20th street and between ocean/collins (ocean ends around 14th or 15h street, then the hotels on collins are beachfront) and washington. sanci will be staying up on 30th and collins. she'll be fine, but it is a bit out of the main area. just means a bit more walking or longer cab rides, but no biggie. the blocks are la size, not nyc size, so the walks aren't bad. at night the traffic gets insane. it's usually easier (and of course cheaper too!) to walk instead of taking taxis. i posted a map earlier on this thread, that should help you get somewhat of an idea of the area. maybe check the websites for a few south beach clubs. this site has details on mansion and opium garden - The Opium Group - Club Mansion / Opium Garden / Prive - Miami Beach, Florida - they consistantly put on some of the best events at wmc (hey dave!) or - Nikki Beach - a bit farther south, but lots of fun day parties here too. several of the hotels have events as well, like the delano, national, shelborne, ritz-carlton, sagamore, raleigh (where we have done parties before), etc. these hotels are pricey though. there are some great clubs downtown too, but you don't want to stay there. just cab it to and from. if you want to post here or hit me with a pm when you get a hotel choice or two, i'll be happy to give you my thoughts on it's location, etc.

as for the website that will have all of the parties listed, well it used to be m3masterlist.com but it's not up right now. as soon as i hear where the list is being posted online i'll let ya know. the parties won't even start to be listed until late jan at the earliest, more likely early feb. even then the list will be nowhere near complete. parties get announced and added every week up to wmc. by the week before wmc you'll hardly be able to focus at work and all you'll be talking about to friends, etc is how excited you are to almost be on your way. trust me, it happens to me every year. there will be great parties all week long, but your best bet if you can't go the whole time is to aim towards the later part of the week. as i said before, i'm planning on a wed night red eye from la getting in bright and early on thurs morning. i'll check in to my hotel, grab a couple hours of sleep and then hit the day parties. this is what i did last march and i was a happy camper (even with lost luggage, etc). i will fly back late afternoon/early eve on sunday, giving me the chance to get some sleep, check out and hit one more day party before leaving. we have the time difference in our favor heading home which is great. i do not recommend trying to party hard on sat night and then staying up and going straight to the airport for a sun morning flight. people do it, but it ain't easy! i've tried!

oh and hey, visit the site for shipwrecked in my signature. that's a really fun boat party. word is that after taking '06 off, shipwrecked will be returning this year! i highly recommend it!

bella - hey if you can go the whole time, do it! i've gone for the whole conf a few years. it is a marathon, don't go too wild on the first day or two or you'll be spent by the third day and that's when things start to get really good. this is partying for the professionals, it's the damn club olympics. i mention above when i'm going, this is your best bet if you can only go for a few days.

as for our parties, we're a house label and we usually do really fun day parties there. funky, soulful good times. what style(s) of music do you like?

well i totally respect that. the thing is you can hold a room with no charge or only a deposit of one night, then if you can't find someone to go with or decide for whatever reason not to go, you can get your deposit back. you don't have to buy your airline ticket yet. if you don't do this soon, it will get too expensive, become too difficult, etc and you'll find yourself at home in march letting another wmc go by.

no pressure, of course. do what works for you. i just know you've wanted to go and this is the time to take action.

just to give you some idea of the type of parties/amount of parties you can expect i'm going to post my own list for JUST ONE DAY from wmc "06. now many of the dj's may not seem familar to you as they are mostly house and i know you are more of a big room/trance/progressive fan, but know that all the names you know and love are dj'ing there as well. i just didn't put them on my personal list. your list might be just as big each day. the *** is my "must attend" sign.

Saturday, March 25

***King Street Sounds' Thirteen Years of Paradise

Presented By: King St, Nite Grooves, DJP Records,

DJs/Performers: Main Room: Doc Martin, Sunshine Jones (Dubtribe), Dennis Ferrer, and Julius Papp.

Live PA: Joi Cardwell and Mink.

Room 2: Deli G, DJ Oji, Victor Rosado, WIl Johnny Dangerous, and GTS.

Room 3: DJ Pierre, Roy Davis Jr., Steve "Silk" Hurley, Johnny Fiasco, and Lady D.

Room 4: Lars Behrenroth, Sammy Roc, Donna Edwards, Master Kev, and a Donna Ward photo exhibit.

Where: Opium Garden, 136 Collins Ave.

When: 1pm - 7pm

Door Price: $20 / $15 with flyer

***SCION: MIAMI: Masters At Work LIVE!

Presented By: SCION

DJs/Performers: Masters At Work performing live, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Mr Choc, DJ Haul

Where: Poolside at Raleigh Hotel, 1775 Collins Ave.

When: 1pm – 7pm

Door Price: Invite only

Smart Bar Miami

Presented By: Smart Bar

DJs/Performers: DJ Heather (Blackcherry/Fabric - Chicago), Dixon (Innercity Visions - Berlin), Colette (OM Records - LA), Matthew Dear aka Audion (Ghostly/Spectral - Detroit), Justin Long (No Assembly Firm/.dotbleep - Chicago), Miles Maeda (World Evolution/Aroma - LA), Fred Everything (20:20/Lazy Days - Montreal), and more.

Where: Marlin Bar, 1200 Collins Ave.

When: 2pm - 9pm

Advance Price: FREE all day for all people

Door Price: FREE all day for all people

Groove Parlor Miami

Presented By: grooveparlor.com & housewear.org

DJs/Performers: Marques Wyatt, Jay-J and Latrice Barnett (set time 5pm – 6pm), Mark Grant, Glenn Underground, Ron Carroll, jojoflores, Gene Hunt

Where: Cafeteria, 546 Lincoln Road

When: 2pm - 9pm

Advance Price: FREE

Door Price: FREE

Grizzled Miami

Presented By: Bunchlox | Dae Recordings | Red Brunette | The Sound Republic

DJs/Performers: Past Grizzled guests and world-traveling DJs Raoul Belmans, Olivier Desmet, Troydon, DJ Mes, and Chuck Love w/ Jevne on bass, Grizzled residents Sound Republic and Karl Almaria, very special guest Miles Maeda representing Red Brunette recordings, and label head Faraz Farzam, plus Dae Recordings label head Aaron.

Where: Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, 1732 Collins Ave.

When: noon - 7pm

Door Price: FREE (please RSVP to wmc06@bunchlox.com)

Guests of the Family

Presented By: Guest House Music & Good Family Recordings

DJs/Performers: DJ Heather, Justin Long, Cosy Creatures, Jason Hodges, Troydon, Deron Delgado, DJ Mes, Sound Republic, Slum Science, DJ Homewrecker, Jamanta Crew, Olivier Desmet, Bryan Jones, Chuck Daniels, da Sunlounge, Just Jason, Bobby Valentine, Frank Solano, and Romano Arcaini.

Where: Chesterfield Hotel, 855 Collins Ave.

When: noon - 5am

Advance Price: FREE

Music For Your Working Class Azz !

Presented By: Blue Collar Entertainment

DJs/Performers: Iz and Diz (exclusive WMC set), Joey Youngman (exlusive WMC set), Johnny Fiasco, Hipp-e, Slater Hogan, Sake One, J-Boogie, Q-Burns Abstract Message, Demarkus Lewis, Rithma, Nikola Baytala, M3, Andrew Kelsey, Asad Risvi, John Larner, and Colossus.

Where: Laundry Bar, 721 N. Lincoln Lane

When: noon - 5am

Door Price: $5

Nordic Trax / The Goods (4th Annual)

Presented By: Nordic Trax, IRIS & Basic NYC

DJs/Performers: Mark Farina, DJ Heather, Pete Moss, Luke McKeehan, DJ Mood, Gavin Froome, Jay Tripwire, Jon Delerious, Sleepy & Boo, Mike Edge, Dana D and more.

Where: Beach Plaza Hotel, 1401 Collins Ave.

When: noon - 11pm

Ralf Gum & Friends (GOGO Music - Germany), Luzon, Stacey Burket & Black the Rabbit (live), Jerome Derradji (Still Music - Chicago), Life Project (live - Base Records), Hanna Haïs (live - Atal Music/Defected - Paris), Madison Park (live), Karl Injex (Rude NYC), and Markus Enochson (Masters at Work - Sweden).

Dez Parkes and Barrie King (Solar Radio - ABB records)

Where: Delano, 1685 Collins Ave.

When: 2pm - ???

3rd Annual Breakin' It Down DJ Showcase

Presented By: eMERGE Recordings, Peroni Beer & Segafredo Cafe & Lounge

DJs/Performers: SoulDub Quartet aka Aladdin (eMERGE Recordings/Gypsy caravan), Rick Preston (Viva/Amenti Music), Chris Leath (El Otro Mundo), Podge (eMERGE Recordings/House of Love), Jeannie Hopper (Liquid Sound Lounge - NYC), MJ Gamez (Velvet Shop/Green Gorilla - SF), Julius "The Mad Thinker" (3degreesglobal.com/Aid to theSouLLess - Chicago), Jon Lemmon - (Viva recordings, Seattle ) and live saxophonist Charles Robinson.

Where: Segafredo Cafe & Lounge, 1040 Lincoln Road

When: 3pm - 1am

Advance Price: free

Door Price: free

***AQUABOOTY | MUSIC2 | MIAMI 2006

Presented By: Aquabooty, Music2, Good Times Sound System (UK), Innercity Visions (Berlin), and Flaunt Magazine

DJs/Performers: Room 1: DJ Harvey (exclusive), Dixon, Ame, and Alex from Tokyo.

Room 2: Miguel Migs, Andy Caldwell, Lisa Shaw (live), Fred Everything, and JT Donaldson.

Outdoor: Norman Jay MBE (exclusive) and his "Good Times Sound System" (London UK), plus very special guests.

Where: Pawn Shop, 1222 NE 2nd Ave., Downtown Miami

When: 9pm - 5am

Advance Price: $20

Door Price: $20

***Opium Garden presents an Evening with KASKADE

Presented By: Kaskade

DJs/Performers: Kaskade (Exclusive Miami Performance), one of the most influential and in-demand artists on the US house scene and top Billboard remixer; Tom Novy, Germany’s hottest DJ and producer of "Your Body" (Ultra Records), and David Waxman (Ultra Records).

Where: Opium Garden, 136 Collins Ave.

When: 10pm - 5am

Advance Price: $25

Door Price: $25

Swing City Miami 06

Presented By: Swing City Records

DJs/Performers: Grant Nelson, Chuck Love, Brian Tappert, Terry Hunter, Rude Boy Rupert, DJ Disciple, Sergio Flores, and Rob Wilder.

Where: Pearl, 1 Ocean Drive

When: 11pm - 5am

Door Price: $30

Miami Jammy

Presented By: Grab Recordings & Kolour Recordings

DJs/Performers: JT Donaldson, Troydon, Lavish Habits, Joshua aka "IZ", Chuck Daniels, Slater Hogan, Ken (ECB), Massimo Dacosta, Jay West, Wes!, Justin McMillen, Titanic, Daddy J, Joe Castillo, John Larner, and Paul Paredez.

Where: Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, 1732 Collins Ave.

When: 7pm - midnight

LINK Miami

Presented By: Bubble Soul Music & Real Sound System

DJs/Performers: Danny Marquez, Simon Dunmore, Jay-J, Latrice Barnett (set time 11:30pm – 1am), DJ Pippi, Jamie Lewis, George Morel, S.U.M.O., Sergio Flores, Groove Junkies, DJ Oliver, Rebeka Brown (live PA), Hanna Haïs (live PA), and more TBA.

Where: Amika, 1532 Washington Ave.

Advance Price: TBC

Door Price: TBC

Gotsoul Therapy

Presented By: Gotsoul In association with Undaground Archives & Soul Revival

DJs/Performers: DJs: jojoflores (Gotsoul, Therapy, 3Ëš, Mtl), Danny Krivit (718 Sessions, NYC), Dennis Ferrer (Ibadan, NJ), and Mike Fresco (Gotsoul, Mtl).

Performers: Sara Devine (MAW, NYC), Cordell McClary (Space Kat, NYC). More artits TBA.

Where: Touch

When: 7pm - 5am

Advance Price: $15

Door Price: $20

Keep Distant Feel Glam!

Presented By: Jon Cutler (Distant Music) and Delano Hotel

DJs/Performers: Jon Cutler (Distant Music), Tony Humphries (Tony Records), Alex From Tokyo (Black Tokyo Star), and Glyne Braithwaite (Awakening Records).

When: 7pm - 3am

AN EVENING AT DELANO

Presented By: Delano Hotel and DJ Rork

DJs/Performers: Neil Aline, Jamie Thinnes, Dj Jask, Patrick Green, Dj Rork & Lady Bird

When: 8pm - 3am

Kinky Malinki

Presented By: Kinky Malinki / Blue

DJs/Performers: Hardsoul, Groove Junkies, Bobby & Steve, Grant Nelson, Knee Deep, and Soul Central.

Where: Blue, 222 Espanola Way

Advance Price: $10 / no cover until 10pm

Door Price: $10 / $5 guestlist

The 5 Beats

Presented By: SoleChannel Music, Real Tone Records & Undefeated Entertainment

DJs/Performers: Mr.V (SoleChannel Music/Vega Records), Alix Alvarez (SoleChannel Music), Franck Roger (Real Tone Records), DJ Spinna (Wonderwax), and Frankie Feliciano (Ricanstruction).

Live preformances by Miss Patty ("You Ain't Treating Me Right," "Get over it," "Da Bump") plus special guest TBA.

Where: Club Prestige, 643 Washington Ave.

When: 9pm - 5am

Door Price: $10

thanks so much, deepfunk! as i have no one to go with me anymore :( , it'd just be me by myself, so that's a whole lotta moolah :eek: . i really have to weigh this out.

Well if you dont want to be totally alone, get a room at my hotel, its nice, not too pricey, and you can come along with us, I have my cousin driving in to meet us from Cape Coral, she's single and a total power ball, meaning when me and hubby are sleeping, she'll be totally down to hit the day parties, swim, tan or whatever with ya! She'll be taking up residence in my living room with couch :)

hey funk, thanx again! yeah i will try to arrange my flight so that im there l8ter too...i just have a friend that has to leave on the 23rd to go to a wedding, so we wanted to get there earlier. i will prob stay until the 25th w other friends....

yeah funky house is good too, ;) checked out some soulful house in chicago at this place the blue note (not sure if ur familiar) - dj gene hunt was amazing, gave me his record, just gotta get someone to spin it for me!

so i def will check out ur party when im in miami....the schedule u sent is for ONE DAY??? wow. i am feeling overwhelmed already! ;)

unfortunately, i have come to the conclusion that i really can't afford it :( . one more year, i guess. but i know i'll still be super-pumped to go next year, and maybe by then i can convince someone to tag along w/ me!

Originally posted by sancib

Well if you dont want to be totally alone, get a room at my hotel, its nice, not too pricey, and you can come along with us, I have my cousin driving in to meet us from Cape Coral, she's single and a total power ball, meaning when me and hubby are sleeping, she'll be totally down to hit the day parties, swim, tan or whatever with ya! She'll be taking up residence in my living room with couch :)

thank you so much, sanci, that's an incredibly generous offer :heart: . i can't thank you enough for that :D . hopefully you'll go next year, too, so that we can cut up the dancefloor together :spin2: !

but i'm really bummed about not going, too, 'cause paul johnson is gonna be spinning on that friday, and that guy practically never spins anywhere at all. i've been waiting for him to come out to l.a. forever. i've only seen him twice in my lifetime, both on the east coast, and the last time i was set to see him he was a no-show. i understand that it's harder for him to get around, as he's wheelchair-bound, but he owes it to his public to travel and spread the love! god, i love that guy.

Here's my short and sweet advice.

My advice to you is start drinking heavily...ha haa J/K :)

• Book hotel now or everything will book up and rates will continue to go up. Most places are charging ridiculous amounts already but you can still find a decent place at a decent price. Stay between 5th and 20th street on Collins, Washington, or Ocean. Book flight later.

• Do not rent a car. Parking valet rates are $20 a day plus traffic is a nightmare. It will take you half hour to go a mile traffic is so bad.

• Start you gym routine now... ha ha. Great motivation to get ur arse back in shape if you aren't already.

So much going on so little time. Definitely check out Mansion, Space, Nikki Beach, Crobar (if it's open), Pawn Shop.

Four days is plenty...I suggest Wednesday thru Saturday night. Personally I am only doing three nights (Wed-Fri). Too old to do four nights in a row of partying anymore.

Best advice is to make sure you have some additional time off relaxing (two days) before you head back to work. TRUST ME!!!