Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wtf is "dirty filthy house music" lol, i hate this term

Funny how no dj i know describes music this way lol only fans and well file sharing "djs" what really is _____________ im not saying that term again lol.

It's like saying those are PHAT jeans. In reality they are just jeans that are "in" but people probably describe dirty filthy house music explaining that they like it.

In other words..it's just house music. Good tunage.

:)

i thought dirty house was what electro was while electro-clash was still happening LOL gotta love sub-sub-subdivisions of house

btw, can someone explain minimal to me... unless its really openened up I guess I don't know the definition anymore...

i thought dirty house was what electro was while electro-clash was still happening LOL gotta love sub-sub-subdivisions of house

btw, can someone explain minimal to me... unless its really openened up I guess I don't know the definition anymore...

ASk and you shall receive *also its good to do research on your own sometimes lolololol*

Less is more has been the approach of Minimal House.

Groundwork is laid with simple, 4/4 beats (usually around 125-130 beats-per-minute) usually only barely accompanied by sparse, percussive effects, synthesizer work, and simplistic vocal. Minimal house, is a style where sound aesthetic and function are merged into an entity of hypnotic movement and form.

Also categorized as minimal tech-house or microhouse.

Recently, minimal house has become a contentious topic on many message boards

i my self been Bumping alot of minimal lately on my ipod,House. I love it its so easyyyy to dance to for me.. :) hope this helped. Peace!

LOL thanks. But you do realize that definition is basically also how 90% of the population would define house. lol lol lol

I guess was thinking minimal tech like Hawtin or Wink, which I know really isn't too much different than the "minimal" of say the last Francois K compilation... ouch my head hurts.

there's also the "minimal" that is so barely-there it hurts, like stuff on poker flat, traum, m_nus, kompakt, producers like villalobos, luciano, and lately, hawtin.

didn't this get discussed a while ago here, where there was an article posted with somebody important in minimal saying minimal was dead? a lot of tech-house may be getting mislabeled as minimal by people who previously only got into big room house. *shrug*

there's also the "minimal" that is so barely-there it hurts, like stuff on poker flat, traum, m_nus, kompakt, producers like villalobos, luciano, and lately, hawtin.

didn't this get discussed a while ago here, where there was an article posted with somebody important in minimal saying minimal was dead? a lot of tech-house may be getting mislabeled as minimal by people who previously only got into big room house. *shrug*

damm ty so much for that link =] i found Alot of useful info. ur da best

Minimal is being inhaled by the house scene now that it has gone mainstream.

Minimal is dead to techno fans like myself, who want nothing to do with the house scene and culture.

Minimals fate was that it became masturbatory in that music was just being made by about 20-50 artists who were making it with the goal of just impressing other artists and not advancing the music or making people dance, which is what techno is all about.

Techno is now dividing into two camps, the detroit camp and the berlin camp. The berlin camp is a party drivin bottles and models minimal scene. The detroit camp consits of the harder techno and is more artistic in its musical ability.

My friend was over last night and he was showing me the myspace profile of this guidette girl we went to school with whose profile is all about clubbing, so I was like, "$20 says her profile mentions 'dirty filthy house.'" So we scroll down and there it was in hot pink bubble letters...so classic.

My friend was over last night and he was showing me the myspace profile of this guidette girl we went to school with whose profile is all about clubbing, so I was like, "$20 says her profile mentions 'dirty filthy house.'" So we scroll down and there it was in hot pink bubble letters...so classic.

We should def get dirty filthy

correct