Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LAX guestlist via Club Planet? Yeah - I don't think so

chickee19

So I signed up for the guestlist on Club Planet for LAX - me, along with 6 of my girlfriends. We waited outside the club at around 10:30, at which time there were maybe like 20 people in line. Waiting....waiting....waiting - the line is not moving AT ALL. When we asked about a separate guest list line, we were told there was just one line. We then saw random people being let into the club (i.e. - friends of friends of friends of management, etc.). After waiting for about an hour, we asked what the deal was w/the guest list. They asked which guest list, I said Club Planet. All that followed was a blank look, and a comment that "I have no idea what that guest list is all about."

By about 11:30, we were told they were at capacity, which was another load of crap, since maybe 5 people had been let in from the line. And, I gotta say, unless there's some secret passageway, very few people were let in, especially in light of hte fact that when we were first waited in line, they hadn't even opened the damn club up.

So I've come to the conclusion that the guests lists are a bunch of crap. They get you to sign up on the list, so you'll show up early and join in on a lame line to make the club look like it's the "it" place to be. Then....they screw you over, and never let you in. THANKS!!! CLUB PLANET!!! FOR A CRAPPY START TO OUR NIGHT!!!!

i learned in my first 30 days in LA that guest lists here - unless it's owned by management - mean nothing. NOTHING.

when i first moved here, i don't know how many times i spent over an hour outside a club surrounded by people on various lists. "are you on the list?" "yeah, i am. are you? "what list are you on?" "oh yeah, i'm on that one." "well, i'm on this one." while we all stood outside like jagoffs.

unless it's a list overseen by management or the talent, it's crap.

i think its a matter of luck...i used the aqua guest list and got in just fine with no problems, and i used the TAO one this past weekend, though that's vegas, got in no prob...didn't have to pay!! its just a matter of luck i think, but i agree, its about who you know or pretend to "who you know"!!

i've heard that this happens from time to time w/ clubplanet lists; i'm sorry this happened to you. but this also may just be a case of the club being assholes. a lot of the time, bouncers/management let in who they feel like letting in, without any regard to lists or human decency. to some, much of the appeal of being a bouncer is the power it bestows.

but, to quote jb:

Dear all,

Thank you for posting your comments and making us aware here at Clubplanet about the problems you are facing.

I wanted to let you know we are actively looking into any issues with guestlists. Our objective is to make sure you are having the best night out possible and that is what we intend to continue to do!

Happy Halloween!

Well I've used clubplanet for National, Spider Club, Tabu, Ice, and Pure, everytime if there by suggested times got in everytime. Granted I didnt try to use these when special guests or holidays applied, cause in those cases buy online tickets to ensure entrance, or like Mr.Juddy said there is no guestlist :) So sorry that you had a bad experience, dont let it hinder you, it was a one time crappy experience at a hip hop club, try trance next time:getdown:

i learned in my first 30 days in LA that guest lists here - unless it's owned by management - mean nothing. NOTHING.

when i first moved here, i don't know how many times i spent over an hour outside a club surrounded by people on various lists. "are you on the list?" "yeah, i am. are you? "what list are you on?" "oh yeah, i'm on that one." "well, i'm on this one." while we all stood outside like jagoffs.

In all the years of being in this business, Ive never heard of a guestlist on a door that is not authorized by management. Door operations are either under management supervision (i.e. staff) or management authorization (i.e. direct permission with the lead promoter).

Ive never heard, nor can imagine, someone "parking" themselves on the door and waving their hands and saying "hi, I have a guestlist".

I will tell you, though, what you might be referring to is a subpromotion situation, where a lead promoter has a authorized list with the venue and brings in 10 subpromoters. That night, they pass in their lead list with 10 sub lists on it. Its the job of the lead and the door op to say "here's my list, and my 10 subs lists are called X, Y, Z".

The sad thing about LA nightlife currently, as I was discussing with a new team partner the other night, is that back around 2003-ish, you had about 3-4 promotion teams (lalate included) that could fill a venue in one night solo or in partnership with another team. Their lists are that big. Today, the new teams entering the industry since 2004 really dont pull in the size of lists that promoters use to do. They are growing. But they really havent grown as fast as pre-myspace promoters use to. It may be a factor of how lists were generated pre-myspace, maybe not.

yeah...guestlists in this city are a load of BS, get used to it. from my experience, if its easy to get on the guestlist and the venue actually lets you in based on the guestlist, then its prolly not a very hot venue and/or its a slow night. otherwise, the places that are really happening and trendy are really hard to get into, and you have 3 choices to get in:

1) bottle service

2) a ton of super hot chix in the group with very few or no guys

3) you have a really good contact at the club

otherwise you're not getting in or will prolly end up waiting for over an hr...not my cup of tea IMO

THANKS!!! CLUB PLANET!!! FOR A CRAPPY START TO OUR NIGHT!!!!

Sorry to hear that, If i was there i would have helped out although ive never been there. Not a fan of brent bolthouse. Check out the places I have taken photos (at least most of the LA photos), most of those places I would recommend, good promoters and venues. Send me a message if you need help.

Sorry to hear that, If i was there i would have helped out although ive never been there. Not a fan of brent bolthouse. Check out the places I have taken photos (at least most of the LA photos), most of those places I would recommend, good promoters and venues. Send me a message if you need help.

So wait..... you take pictures for clubplanet of this venue promotion and in the same breath you diss it? My god.

a) She went to LAX on Saturday. That's not Brent Bolthouse. Nor ever has been.

B) Moreover, LAX is not a "Bolthouse Venue" in any stretch. Bothouse is alligned with SPE properties. LAX is not an SPE property.

I would recommend, good promoters and venues. Send me a message if you need help.

c) The promotion team on Saturday is amazing and one of LA's best.

d) LAX is one of LA's top 5 venues.

In all the years of being in this business, Ive never heard of a guestlist on a door that is not authorized by management. Door operations are either under management supervision (i.e. staff) or management authorization (i.e. direct permission with the lead promoter).

Ive never heard, nor can imagine, someone "parking" themselves on the door and waving their hands and saying "hi, I have a guestlist".

I will tell you, though, what you might be referring to is a subpromotion situation, where a lead promoter has a authorized list with the venue and brings in 10 subpromoters. That night, they pass in their lead list with 10 sub lists on it. Its the job of the lead and the door op to say "here's my list, and my 10 subs lists are called X, Y, Z".

The sad thing about LA nightlife currently, as I was discussing with a new team partner the other night, is that back around 2003-ish, you had about 3-4 promotion teams (lalate included) that could fill a venue in one night solo or in partnership with another team. Their lists are that big. Today, the new teams entering the industry since 2004 really dont pull in the size of lists that promoters use to do. They are growing. But they really havent grown as fast as pre-myspace promoters use to. It may be a factor of how lists were generated pre-myspace, maybe not.

so this is what i have to look forward to in LA???? lol

seriously. cole, the doorman at spundae, hugs people as they come in. doorguys/bouncers in new york never learned how to smile.

agree begin time.

To digress (on a differnet subject) ... At any venue, the bartender, doorperson, and bathroom attendant are integral to either pissing me off the entire night or putting me in a great mood. Some of my fav spots (that lalate doesnt even do work with) I repatronize because the above are friends and shoot the sht everytime I come in. We know where and how we are celebrating Thanksgiving, what day everyone is back on duty, when and how someone gets injured and will back on at work, who is going through a breakup and medical procedure..... I dont live nightlife in a vacuum. Many do and only see it as the dancefloor and the paint on the wall. For me its a total experience. Many a person is introverted when they go out, but shouldnt be. Because going out is about having fun. Chat it up. For every 3rd prick in the crowd, you'll find someone you enjoy chatting with.... and the moment, it sounds all about, or feels about, taking your money and gouging (sp) you on drink prices and cover and parking then I'm not only heading for the door but telling everyone and anyone not to patronize your spot again. There are too many places in town that bring in five figure net profits PER day treating people great that I dont need to patronizing the contrary.