Clubplanet Nightlife Community

its all comin to an end...

did anyone read that article on the clubplanet homepage about the kid who killed himself in jail?? well if u didnt the story was this guy in jersey got caught with 49,000 pills of e and hung himself in jail, the article said governor whittman just passed a law that puts e in the same category as heroin and crack so dealers can get up to 20 years....can u believe that??? e in the same category as heroin and crack??? this is crazy, i keep hearing about all this stuff being proposed to congress to make trafficing of e harder, is this gonna eventually cool off or is this just the beginning of the end?? is there anything that can be done to stop this?? confused.gif

Well the way the governement is treating this is quite pathetic. They think its such a bad drug yet its really not. They are even trying to blame people dying in clubs as a result of the "designer drug". Yet, if they did their research on the drug, they would see that a person can only die of e if 1. they mixed with other drugs or 2. they take 70 pure MDMA pills. Maybe thats not correct but I find it to be stated on many drug websites. But now think about this....

A good friend of mine was selling fake pills at a club in Philly and got busted. Well, he had maybe 100 pill on him....sudafeds and cold pills....and now he is in jail for the last 2 months waiting to go on trial. Apparently, selling fakes as opposed to real pills can get you in deeper trouble. The reason being that you are putting the person who takes these fake pills in jeopardy of dying because they might be allergic to the pill. Its crazy though. Yet, we really cant do anything about it. Once these 40+ year olds in the government get their minds made up, they stick to it! Yet how many of them someked pot and tripped on acid and shrooms in the 60's?????????

Why can't the government just get off our backs? Maybe we should all move to Amsterdam ! DO you think this will all come full circle though? I mean alcohol went through the prohibition era, and people still went to the speakeasies to get their drink on. Maybe weed and E will go through the same process! Although, instead of speakeasies (sp?) we have the raves and clubs!!!

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

It is my prediction that within 20 years, weed will become legal. Alaska is the first state that will have the option to legalize weed on the ballots. Other states (including Cali., Arizona, and Colorado) are collecting signatures to also put it on the ballot. It is just a matter of time until weed becomes legal. As for other drugs, who knows?

------------------

Mushrooms... how to see god, be god, and make god obsolete while listening to Pink Floyd

WHAT I SAY IS, TO EACH HIS OWN, IF THAT'S WHAT EVERYONES INTO, COOL, BUT ITS A DIFFERENT THING SAYING THAT IT SHOULDN'T BE IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS HEROIN OR ANY OTHER HARCORE DRUG. FIRST, IT'S ALL CHEMICALS, SECOND IT'S A NEW DRUG AND NO ONE HAS A CLUE OF THE LONG TERM AFFECTS. EVEN WITHOUT SEEING THE LONG TERM, I KNOW ENOUGH E HEADS, THAT ARE PRETTY MUCH BRAIN DEAD, CAN'T SPEAK, LOOK MESSED. BUT I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, TO EACH HIS OWN, AS LONG AS YOUR PARTYING WHO GIVES A FUCK!

BOLTS

Come on people you don't really believe this do you?

Do you think the government should just say oh yeah here you go do what you want?

Yeah E is pretty safe compared to most things (even aspirin). But you surely all realize that E cause long term effects (we know this). Depression, anxiety, paranoia it's not the people that can "handle" there drugs that the government is trying to protect its the people who have problems with drugs etc.

It's also the effect we don't know yet.

If the government were to relax the laws, some kids would see this as a license to take more. It's not just a case of forbidden fruit, we all know if you take 1 good E you will be taking another and another until the side effect outweigh the benefit, by that time it's too late the damage has been done.

I would agree that weed will be legalized @ some point (I would say 5 years in the UK). But lets face it is decriminalized here now. Loads of people get let off for personal amounts.

Goverment wants to control everthing that they can't make a profit from. Let's start with the legalization of weed and well work on X. Imagine if X was legal and pills were all ways pure. LOL wish full thinking

------------------

Matthew

Saci Fri, Joe's Pub Sat.

flavapromo2@aol.com

Beginning of the end?

E is being taken by more and more people. That means the stigma around it lessons and lessons.

If thousands of people can sneak into the country, as they do now, then there is no way to ever think that you can stop drugs coming in. As the popularity rises, an increase in homeland production will rise. At the WEMF in canada a few weeks back, a tent of kids with all the chemicals, lab equipment, and presses to make their own got busted. This was not very smart as teh mdma synthesization process can be a volatile one.

Should the gov't allow us t ojsut go and do drugs? Should the gov't allow abortion? Piercings? Tattoos? Get fat? Smoke?

These are OUR bodies. For better or worse we should be allowed to do whatever the fuck we want as long as we do not impose a threat on others and accept the physical consequences for our actions. Legalize and tax everything, then educate people as to what it does.

This is the topic that will never end as it has been going on since the day of time, but these are our bodies, why aren't we in control?

This kind of government "safe guarding" has been going on since before the prohibition. I'm suprized it took those oh-so-hip govt. officials this long to discover the latest menance to the youth culture that is E. As long as young people are enjoying themselves chemically, there will be enforcement. But don't despair, I'm sure another synthetic pleasure is bubbling up from the underground.

------------------

"I live not in dreams, but in contemplation of a reality that is perhaps the future"- Rilke

I agree with Randy. The less you make something taboo, the less people have a crazy demand for it. That's just human nature. Why do you think we all drink maniacally in college (or before) to get WASTED and then when you turn 21, it's like, no big deal.

Plus legalization would end or severley hinder the drug cartels which are responsible for so much violence. I need to look into it further, but I do think legalization is the answer.