Clubplanet Nightlife Community

21+ after 4am???

petp

First off...if you are over the age of 18 your not as these assholes say "kiddie"

and the fact that these fucking clubs in NYC are demented enuff to be 21+ just goes to show where NYC nightlife is going,down the shitter in a hand basket,there is better nightlife in canada than there is here...all of the clubs bars and lounges up there are 18+ and there you arent looked at as "kiddie" if you are over 18...and the drinking age is 18 and in some spots its 19...Im 22 and as far as it goes I dont support 21+ clubs.Just goes to show how demented american society really is.

First off...if you are over the age of 18 your not as these assholes say "kiddie"

and the fact that these fucking clubs in NYC are demented enuff to be 21+ just goes to show where NYC nightlife is going,down the shitter in a hand basket,there is better nightlife in canada than there is here...all of the clubs bars and lounges up there are 18+ and there you arent looked at as "kiddie" if you are over 18...and the drinking age is 18 and in some spots its 19...Im 22 and as far as it goes I dont support 21+ clubs.Just goes to show how demented american society really is.

Bro, ya know what? Why don't you stay in Canada?

ok

ehhh i wouldn't say we are "demented" i would say we aren't as liberated as many other nations in many ways....and maybe younger people in different countries are more mature than some of the younger americans.

i mean i understand what ur saying but i think that person referred them as kiddies because many of the people (not all) who come through around 18 ish have different mentalities as some of the older house fans....and it adds a different vibe to the whole party. no offense but i prefer to hang with the 21+ crowd (im 25). maybe when u are older u will feel the same way.

ehhh i wouldn't say we are "demented" i would say we aren't as liberated as many other nations in many ways....and maybe younger people in different countries are more mature than some of the younger americans.

i mean i understand what ur saying but i think that person referred them as kiddies because many of the people (not all) who come through around 18 ish have different mentalities as some of the older house fans....and it adds a different vibe to the whole party. no offense but i prefer to hang with the 21+ crowd (im 25). maybe when u are older u will feel the same way.

First off...my best friend is 19 and LOVES house music,his whole CD collection is house music,peter rauhofer,manny lehman,DJ escape,and he even has a collection of global underground all house music,so to stereotype everybody under 21 as immature is just beyond irrational,maybe if you had a friend like my best friend you would understand...and yes he is very mature,he dresses mature acts mature and he even hangs out with people mostly in their 20's and 30's and even 40's.the point is...dont stereo type someone under a certain age until you get to know them.as i said before maybe you would understand if you had a friend like my best friend chris!!!btw I dont have to be 3 yrs older (25) to understand these things,I was 19 once myself and was just as mature,and I sure as hell wouldnt appreciate someone putting me down because Im under a certain age (age aint nuttin but a number)besides maybe if american society treated adults between 18-20 as ADULTS maybe they would act more like it...because they are expected to,and there are many people in their 20's and 30's who havent exactly grew up yet,Ive been around enuff people to see that!stereotyping certain people proves that they still have alittle grow up to do.Just so you know!!!

Hello!

I would like to interject here. When a club is 21, and the normal age for a clubber is 21+, those without a fake ID will not be able to get in.

Therefore, when they do have 18+ nights, those people who are not of age yet to go out, are allowed to. These people are not usually accustomed to going out, therefore, they do have a tendency to act immaturely!!! This is what I believe bella53081 is trying to say!!! With age usually comes maturity, when you get older, those dumb things you did as a child or a teenager seem more stupid, at least I can speak for myself! I have become very open minded meeting all types of people when I go out, from the straights, to the gays, to the trannies, to the transgenders, to the uniques, to the performers and club personalities! This comes with age and experience from going out.

So when a club opens its doors to a 18+ crowd, of course there will be an immature element to the club. People will do dumb things because they are not seasoned in going out. Also, this does not mean that people over 21 can not do dumb things! This just means that more times than not, they are more mature and know how to handle themselves!

Take care!

Hello!

I would like to interject here. When a club is 21, and the normal age for a clubber is 21+, those without a fake ID will not be able to get in.

Therefore, when they do have 18+ nights, those people who are not of age yet to go out, are allowed to. These people are not usually accustomed to going out, therefore, they do have a tendency to act immaturely!!! This is what I believe bella53081 is trying to say!!! With age usually comes maturity, when you get older, those dumb things you did as a child or a teenager seem more stupid, at least I can speak for myself! I have become very open minded meeting all types of people when I go out, from the straights, to the gays, to the trannies, to the transgenders, to the uniques, to the performers and club personalities! This comes with age and experience from going out.

So when a club opens its doors to a 18+ crowd, of course there will be an immature element to the club. People will do dumb things because they are not seasoned in going out. Also, this does not mean that people over 21 can not do dumb things! This just means that more times than not, they are more mature and know how to handle themselves!

Take care!

understood,but there are some of us such as myself and my friend,who were brought up to act accordingly in public as well as at home,maybe if there were more 18+ clubs like in the old NYC nightlife days maybe those would eventually become immune to being in places like that,but the more its forbidden,the more likely they are to act out when they do get into these places,but its not like anyone has a clue about these things.Ive read plenty of articles and editorials about this issue,so I know enuff about it.

First off...my best friend is 19 and LOVES house music,his whole CD collection is house music,peter rauhofer,manny lehman,DJ escape,and he even has a collection of global underground all house music,so to stereotype everybody under 21 as immature is just beyond irrational,maybe if you had a friend like my best friend you would understand...and yes he is very mature,he dresses mature acts mature and he even hangs out with people mostly in their 20's and 30's and even 40's.the point is...dont stereo type someone under a certain age until you get to know them.as i said before maybe you would understand if you had a friend like my best friend chris!!!btw I dont have to be 3 yrs older (25) to understand these things,I was 19 once myself and was just as mature,and I sure as hell wouldnt appreciate someone putting me down because Im under a certain age (age aint nuttin but a number)besides maybe if american society treated adults between 18-20 as ADULTS maybe they would act more like it...because they are expected to,and there are many people in their 20's and 30's who havent exactly grew up yet,Ive been around enuff people to see that!stereotyping certain people proves that they still have alittle grow up to do.Just so you know!!!
I couldnt agree more with you...Im 19 and love house music,Ive been collecting house music compilations since I was 13 and still do it today,I now have 116 underground house music CDs and counting,I go to clubs strictly for the house music,I dont go to start trouble with anybody,Im there to have a good time with my friends just like everyone else,and to sync me with the immature 18 year olds you may have come across,just shows that you yourself are immature.All of my friends are relatively older than me,mostly 20's and some 30's and they have all said I have a good head on my shoulders,what I dont appreciate is some older people saying I am immature when they dont even know my background or the type of people I hang with...Thats like me walking around saying all older people are this...or all older people are that...but inside I know it isnt true...never judge a book by its cover,unfortunately there are people out there who arent mature enough to comprehend that old saying,older people included.I think they are just afraid to find out that its possible for me to be just as smart and intelligent as they are,if not more so.bottom line,I work and take business and marketing courses in college,and when the weekend rolls around I should have just as much right to go to a club with a couple of friends and unwind and socialize with them at a club,but obviously most americans are to ignorant to really understand that,they'll just bullshit and debate it,and it gets unattractive after a few moments.

wow first of all calm down. did u read what i wrote? i said SOME - NOT ALL - younger people - as to not stereotype like you misread. and i also agreed with you that american society isn't as liberated as other places.

And I understood what you were saying...... i wasn't trying to put you down, you took that totally the wrong way.....

i didnt say they don't understand or like the music just as much as older people. i just said there are people who are younger who do come in and ruin the vibe sometimes, THATS ALL. sometimes older house music fans are more sophisticated and there for the music and dont run around hooking up with everyone in sight and spilling drinks on people, like *****SOME****18 YEAR OLDS DO. please don't take that so personallyll!!!!

the way i see 21+ and 18+ is this... (i just turned 21 a couple months ago)

when theres an 18+ night somwhere, that usually means lots of 16 year olds with fake id's

21+ means, lots of 18-20 year olds with fake id's, plus the 21+ crowd

i dont mind being somewhere with people that are 18-20... but if keeping them out also means keeping 16 year olds out, so be it... youll be 21 one day, i had to wait like everyone else

i would hate to be somewhere with a bunch of drugged up 16 year olds acting like a bunch of retards....

i say keep them all 21+, and if u really wanna go, you gotta earn it, get a damn good fake id and be mature enough to not get it taken away/past the bouncers... than your cool to party with me

when theres an 18+ night somwhere, that usually means lots of 16 year olds with fake id's

i dont mind being somewhere with people that are 18-20... but if keeping them out also means keeping 16 year olds out, so be it... youll be 21 one day, i had to wait like everyone else

i would hate to be somewhere with a bunch of drugged up 16 year olds acting like a bunch of retards....

i say keep them all 21+, and if u really wanna go, you gotta earn it, get a damn good fake id and be mature enough to not get it taken away/past the bouncers... than your cool to party with me

werd.

thats what i tell all my friends that want to come down to my venues that i promote and they are underage. "Heyy we all had to go through it so either get a good fake ID or wait for ur time."