Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What if SPACE Nightclub in Miami opened up In NYc ?

rbert

yeah Space NYC...put all the meatheads/drugheads who go to clubs to do drugs & show off their bisexuality into one big room club, then close the entrance with bricks! LMAO

Ps: TWILO MIAMI is my new favorite club in the world....

sounds like one of Danny T's parties these days

Big clubs can't cater to music and scene. They are too visible and face victimization from racketeerers, government, and Johnny Sueyourass.

Here are some of the hold-outs of music-centrism I've found so far:

Sapphire Lounge

Love

Sin Sin/Leopard Lounge

Shelter

Deep (718 Sessions)

Opus22

Cielo

Frying Pan

Le Souk (once upon a time, less so now)

Sullivan Room

Soul Summit Sessions @ Fort Green Park

CPDSA circle @ Central Park

Also perhaps Ann St. Loft, of which I should have first hand experience by this weekend

I wished Space would open a nightclub In NYc we need more big venue nightclubs playing house music. All the top Dj from around the world want to play in NY and NY doesnt have enough big venues for them to spin what a shame. WMC 2oo7 Sb whose going?

Why destroy NYC's nightlife with a stupid idea like that?

That's nearly as bad as asking for a Walmart in your neighborhood. :D

we do need big venues back here in NYC atleast bring back tunnel and reopen spirit,maybe that could work,the only reason why people dont want the big venues around is because they wanna continue acting like pre-madonna celebrities,ands spending a shit load of money just to pretend they are important,we need the big venues back because atleast back then it was about the music and not about flashing money and picking and choosing who you want to let in to the club.Then you have those who come up with this negative idea that big venues are about drugs,news flash,the tired little lounges here are by far worse,its all about $$$ and looking like a hollywood star and all that bullshit! Montreal and Vancouver have better night life than we do here,guess that means i'll be booking another trip to montreal in 2007!!!

The "superclubs" in NY just aren't cutting it anymore. The ones we already have now seem to be hurting enough as it is. As a result they have to do things like play more hip-hop and do 18+ nights. There just aren't enough house heads right now to support another big club in NY.

I would personally be fine with one big club where all the meatheads could go and focus more attention on packing smaller one room clubs that fit 200-400 people. Why do you think places like Ciello and Shelter have done well for so long? They know what they are, accept it and don't try to be more than that.