Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tryst is trash!

leftymo

Why were we there early?

Tryst has a fantastic policy of taking reservations for tables but no clue on how to hold them. Tryst made it clear that all reservations are on a first come first serve basis.

The tables were booked a week in advance.

I used to hate using a "race" card until I started seeing it quite obvious too. I'd like to ask, just to compare ignorance with knowledge if you guys know the most racist city in the greater Los Angeles area. If you can answer correctly, at least i know you don't have your head up your ass.

The most common incident is usually seating a party of color in the corner or back of the room.

Our original table was the furthest from the dance floor in case anyone was wondering.

Greenie made an excellent post in a vegas thread how the reason it takes awhile is because the host would like to walk the party through the club and really impress its guests. Well, this couldn't have been further from the truth. Greenie, I suggest you send that post to Tryst, b/c they don't have a clue.

I used to hate using a "race" card until I started seeing it quite obvious too. I'd like to ask, just to compare ignorance with knowledge if you guys know the most racist city in the greater Los Angeles area. If you can answer correctly, at least i know you don't have your head up your ass.

I know I have my head up my ass now...

Hollywood!

Tryst is garbage, layout sucks and there were all kinds of ugly/poor dirty guido types in there, I left after like 3 drinks because it sucked. The best place in LV is definitly Mix, and I think thehotel is the best place to stay. Outside of of that, Pure and to a lesser extent Light were the only venues I could tolerate.

The best place in LV is definitly Mix, and I think thehotel is the best place to stay. Outside of of that, Pure and to a lesser extent Light were the only venues I could tolerate.

lalate's winter 2006 review of Vegas put Mix w/ Empire Afterhours as the best spots. Ive been going to Mix for years, and went this last Sunday also. Love the place, and TheHotel also.

Leftymo -- big thanks for coming back to this thread, answering so many questions and providing some more insight into your situation.

Although I'm still skeptical of Tryst staff acting in a racist manner, based on everything you've said in this thread there's no doubt in my mind that you received extremely poor treatment.

Going back over this thread again, I realized that the first time I read your post I missed your mentioning how your party carried some of your mixers from your first table to your second. This is not only shocking to me but it's something that most clubs would consider absolutely unacceptable; it not only sends a bad image to you, but to anyone in the club that sees you doing so. Not to mention the potential liability issues involved.

If the hosts needed or expected something different out of your party, then they should have told you this when you booked your table AND when you first arrived at the club. If they were expecting a significant "table fee" (tip), you should have been informed in advance. Plain and simple.

With regards to tipping the host, I would never suggest that anyone pay the tip before being sat. Quite the contrary, as I point out in my post on pursuing bottle service, I believe you should only tip after you've arrived at a table in a preferential location.

Now just to clarify, can you confirm this is the correct order of what happened regarding your table location:

1. You were sat outside, next to the waterfall, without a heat lamp

2. You tipped the host $80

3. You asked to be moved to a different location

4. You were moved to the back/corner table

What reasons, if any, did the host give you for not moving you to a better table than your second one in the back/corner? And when they finally did ask you for a tip, did they specify a dollar amount and/or otherwise let you know that for X table they wanted you to spend Y dollars?

I do hope you speak to Tryst and Wynn about this, at least in a careful and professional manner. I personally feel you'll get a lot farther if you focus on the basics of the matter, as opposed to making racial profiling the center of your argument.

And I would certainly be very interested to hear what kind of response you get from both Tryst and Wynn.

<Sigh>

After wading thru all of these responses I have a couple of comments.

"Vegas isn't a clubbing mecca"?

You've seriously got to be kidding...right? Los Angeles couldn't hold a candle to Las Vegas on it's best day with Vegas at 2PM in the Middle of July when it's 122'.

"$80 to a Host for a party of 20 Plus People at Tryst on a Weekend Night"

That is absolutely retarded. Anyone who says otherwise is either full of shit, unable to comprehend the context of this situation because they are a club neophyte or just plain poor.

I'm not trying to offend anybody but it's reality. Whether it's acceptable to you or not is a conversation for another day.

When I go to Vegas and I have tables(Jet-Tao-Empire-Drais-Tabu etc), I'm dropping $400 without even a thought to the Host-and Security because you must show love. As somebody mentioned before Vegas club employees practically subsist on your generosity and tipping.

I am white but roll with a very diverse crowd. My wife is Asian and most of our friends are a Rainbow Coalition of ethnicity. I have never once been discriminated against nor has a member in my party. But again...you get what you pay for.

If there are certain people on this listserve who don't understand this conversation or what I'm implying feel free to hit me up back channel. But the excuses for poor service-racism and any other complaints are completely out of place and wack relative to their "clearly" true cause.

Deal with reality or reality deals with you.

No disrespect or offense to anyone who takes my comments as slanted or out of place.

Masterweb....Props brother.

But c'mon now. You are missing the point.

The point is they got seated where they got seated because of the $80 for

20+ People "initially".

All of the rest of the terrible things that resulted was because the Host was pissed off. If "LeftyMo" can't see this or anyone else for that matter, I urge you to reflect back to my original post. Others in this thread hit on it as well.

You want love, you must show love? And yes in front. If they were all Doctors and "well to do" people(I'm sure they were)then they need to have better judgement or at least someone with more experience in the Vegas Club Scene. This isn't a "racial thing" just a respect one. A B-Note minimum should have been offered and in my mind 2 of them would have been better.

20 Plus People and $200 to the Host Up Front and none of this happens. And that's if they are Al-Quaeda with "plastique" in their Turbans looking to detonate the Wynn into the stoneage.

No offense to anyone wearing a Turban. It was meant as a joke.

Jay C

If clubs are going to treat people like shit because they don't tip enough then why not add in the gratuity for parties of 10 or more.

The whole scene is a confusing mess. Who to tip?, when to tip?, how much to tip? Who to grease? Someone should write a pocket guide on this shit.

If I pay for bottle service at these prices I want to be treated like a f***ing VIP. If I'm not then I'm going to be pissed. If I am I'll tip. If clubs are going to sell these packages they need to stand behind them and deliver. There are PLENTY of places to party in Vegas. I'm going where they appreciate me.

This is an example of stupid allegations of racism with no factual support other than "oh, they got better seats than me".

My god, if I could give a dollar every time someone else got better service than me, I would Equal Protection disputes up the wazooo based upon sex and age.

In the world of Macau licensing meetings in Vegas, courting children of Stanley Ho to get you a $1 billion hotel in 24 months, the majority of Harrah's tv channels being mainland Asian tv feeds, the Vice Chairman of Wynn Resorts being asian and other top seats of Wynn being the same.... you didnt get bad service because you're Asian. You just got bad service. Grow up and learn the difference.

There are PLENTY of places to party in Vegas. I'm going where they appreciate me.

You're right. There are PLENTY of places to party. Thousands, in fact.

But where exactly do you draw the line? Think you'd be more "appreciated" over at Studio 54? Hell, why even pay for bottle service at all, when you can choose from a hundred different locations of PT's Pub and get a corner booth for free?

Actually, fuck that. For what PT's charges for a pitcher of beer, you can You can buy a case of Old Milwaukee and rock out in your room at the Frontier.

You're right. There are PLENTY of places to party. Thousands, in fact.

But where exactly do you draw the line? Think you'd be more "appreciated" over at Studio 54? Hell, why even pay for bottle service at all, when you can choose from a hundred different locations of PT's Pub and get a corner booth for free?

Actually, fuck that. For what PT's charges for a pitcher of beer, you can You can buy a case of Old Milwaukee and rock out in your room at the Frontier.

I'm not sure of your point. There are plenty of places providing a similar experiance to Tryst where you will be treated right. Which was my point. That "exclusive" feel loses it's luster when you don't feel appreciated.

We all have our own Vegas examples of being treated well. We all have experiances in Vegas where this was not the case.

An example: A couple years ago I put my name on the Napkin Nights guestlist at Pure. We showed up at the door and one of the guys with us had on a nice outfit with a jacket but he had on a nice pair of gym shoes. Gym shoes are not allowed. The guy at the door said, "You look great man and we would love to have you but you have to change your shoes. Go back to your room, I'll let the rest of the guys go on in and when you get back ask for me and your first drink is on the house" And that's exactly what happened. That made us feel great.

Compare that to someone paying $3500 for 20 people sitting in 40 degree weather and being asked for addditional tips.

All I'm saying Is I choose to go where I feel like my business is appreciated. What's wrong with that?

An example: A couple years ago I put my name on the Napkin Nights guestlist at Pure. We showed up at the door and one of the guys with us had on a nice outfit with a jacket but he had on a nice pair of gym shoes. Gym shoes are not allowed. The guy at the door said, "You look great man and we would love to have you but you have to change your shoes. Go back to your room, I'll let the rest of the guys go on in and when you get back ask for me and your first drink is on the house" And that's exactly what happened. That made us feel great.

With that story, you're actually helping to make my point.

It doesn't matter what your group was spending that night at Pure; if someone in your party was wearing gym shoes, they weren't getting in. Yet once you were inside, I can bet you would have been able to spot a few celebs/VIPs sporting shoes and clothes that have stopped anyone else at the door.

Here's a question for you: what if those "gym shoes" your friend was wearing were $1,000 Puma customs, but the doorman still wouldn't let him in? Would you have asked to speak to a manager, raised a stink, said "fuck Pure, they're idiots" and gone elsewhere? Or would your group have kept a cool head and gone in while your friend changed shoes?

Point is that places like Pure and Tryst are exclusive, in-demand spots for a lot of reasons, chief among them being who gets through the door and who gets the best VIP tables.

There's no such thing as "fair and balanced" treatment at spots like these. Everything depends on the situation at the club the moment you arrive; night of the week, how busy it is inside, the vibe and scene the club desires at that moment, etc.

And though you may have had no problem using the NN guestlist at Pure, a quick search of previous threads on CP will reveal many more people who've had no luck with various lists at Pure, some who have been simply turned away because the club is too busy, despite arriving before 10pm.