Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How to fight hiphop?

Theres always that one person you hang out with that thinks dance music is cheesy. This is what I always hear. "They all sound the same", "You can't dance to that", "Noone listens to it", "blah blah". These kids at work even once said and I swear they said this "Hiphop comes from rock" @_@

They're retarded and closed minded. I want to know how most of you fight against them and what you say back.

LOFL at the youtube lol lol lol

the way I see it, the less people who don't know shit about music in the same club with me the better (and actually, just because I don't listen to it does that mean all hip hop is shit, its just not usually my thing, especially for dancing)

you gotta be careful trying to educate people... look at the reception some of silverbull's posts get around here (and we all like house)

Just tell your friend who is into hip-hop that you don't want to go to any of these parties b/c you don't want to deal w/ all the drama that always seems to go down at them (fights, shootings, drunken assholes, etc). Not to mention that the music itself is wack as hell (guys singing about their money, bitches, rims, grills, and all that other stupid nonsense).

as already mentioned, 'to each his/her own.'

personally, my passion for edm partially stems from experiencing nights out at clubs and other venues where the music is playing. the energy and the vibe at some of these venues was unreal. more so in the last years than now, but, regardless, i still get a good vibe on select nites.

so, maybe expose them to this music either by giving them a good mix or have them go out a nite when its playing somewhere.