Clubplanet Nightlife Community

movies...

misk

wow..so now all you do is stay home and watch movies on the weekend..probably think you are too old to go out

what a loser! :rolleyes:

time to grow up, start concentrating on my future. there is no good dj talent in nyc for me to go out and check out anyway. after this saturday that is it for me. gonna start concentrating on school, work and enjoying nice dinners out and quite nights in watching movies

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a list of some excellent movies i've seen fairly recently:

solaris (the russian version)

lolita (also the old one; stanley kubrick)

to live and die in LA

burnt by the sun

scratch

american hardcore

waking life...

and apocalypto (sp?) was awesome.. i was really surprised; the cinematography was amazing.

3GZ_DB-Header.jpg

Darkbeat: An Electro World Voyage

Best fuckin documentary yet on my favorite genere of electronic music

http://www.darkbeatmovie.com/#

Starring:

UK: ADJ, The Advent, Bass Junkie, Si Begg, Billy Nasty, Mat Carter, Controlled Weirdness, Dexorcist, Nanobot, Radioactiveman, Rag and Bone, Rob Euroh, Scape One, Octagon Man, Transparent Sound, M.C. Wallis (Crunch), and Andrew Weatherall

USA: 1L, Alpha 606, Black Tony (Aux 88), Dj Godfather, Ectomorph, E.V.A.C., Exzakt, Jim Johnson (Jealous J), Jock D, Kris Krause, Uprokk, Ben Milstein, Nyktar, The Egyptian Lover, and Keith Tucker (K1, Aux 88)

Introducing Joseph Rivers from The Audio Playground

Finland: Mr. Velcro Fastener

France: DJ SMB and Nexus 6

Holland: Cosmic Force and Koert Notario

Spain: Boris Divider and Dark Vektor

• 3 weeks later...

....i couldnt even get through pursuit...i had to turn it off....soooo bored....

...saw 3 was ok....but i think im just highly desensitized to gore and horror...

rocky was good....its rocky...cheesey...but if u like them u like them..not as good as the new die hard..and prob wont be as good as indie either.....but watchable

....and borat .....def funny ...but i was bored at times with this one too....highly quotable...which i think people tend to associate with a good movie....like napoleon....that movie sucked if u ask me....but its still easily quoted daily..

...omg..is that bana on the cover!......ew

yeh he put on a few lbs and got really grimy for the role

Bana plays Mark "Chopper" Read, a real-life criminal and best-selling author who has become something of a folk hero in Australia. Pretty much a tour de force for Bana, the film thinly fictionalizes key events in Chopper's criminal career.

Beginning in a stark blue-lit prison, we meet Chopper as he tries to build his reputation by antagonizing a rival prison gang. Eventually this leads to a hit taken out on him, a contract carried out by his best friend Jimmy (Simon Lyndon). Chopper, however, proves too tough to kill. Or did it even happen? Clearly, Chopper is no reliable narrator, as keen to impress us with his myth as he is other criminals. All we do know for sure is that he has his own ears removed to prove his worth, which somehow morphs into a reputation for chopping off the ears of others.

Upon his release into society, he proves to be no better. Acting as a snitch, ordinarily considered rather weaselly, Chopper uses his status with the police as an excuse to blackmail drug and arms dealers. The affable crook alternately dares and charms the law, to the point that they lose track of the truth, too.

And yet the film has a palpable menace. The trick accomplished here by writer/director Andrew Dominik is to keep us from really knowing the truth. Chopper may seem to be pulling our leg, but some of the acts of violence have to have been real, though possibly unintentional. No matter the truth, the man is definitely a few bubbles short of a Foster's.

As Chopper, Bana handles the transitions from charming to dangerous with an ease that bodes well for his turn in The Incredible Hulk, and that's what you really want to know, isn't it? He can look naïve and innocent, perfect for Banner, but easily taps into a frightening rage.

The real power of Bana's performance doesn't come through until you watch the documentary in which he chats with the real Chopper. In the film he will disturb you, but knowing that he has captured the real spirit of Chopper makes it even more disturbingly fun.

Then watch the film again with Chopper's own commentary. Kept as a separate track from Dominik's commentary, Chopper adds another layer to the myth-building. Where Dominik would have you understand that he has made changes to tell a better story, Chopper wants you to know "…this sort of stuff really happened," before launching into tales of his own prowess.

Even without the interest of an actor with a career about to explode (Bana also stars in upcoming Oscar-bait Black Hawk Down), Chopper is cool surprise. Both homage to and departure from the spate of Tarantino-clones American indie cinema has produced over the last few years, it's definitely worth more than a look

chopper29.jpg