Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the song that started it all...

I was just sittin' here (bored out of my mind) listenin' to some old tracks, when I hear "Insomnia" by Faithless---off the hook! I remember back in the day, when I was a pure Hip Hop head, my friends would be listening to house music and I would hate it. But then they kept playing "Insomnia" and "Follow Me" and after hearing those songs over and over, I really started to get into it and I never looked back. Anyways...those are the songs that started it for me. I was just curious if anybody had similar experiences. What song(s) got you into house/trance music??

Oh wow...this is a tough one. I can't remember which trance/house song did it for me, but I do remeber which songs showed me the way. Well, I got into " electronica " I think it was back in '92. I used to be really into goth and industrial music. I still am, but not as major. Anyway, the songs that started it all for me was "James Brown Is Dead" by LA Style, "Quadrophonia" by Quadrophonia and

" Welcome To The Future " by Eskimos & Egypt. I heard these songs off of a mixtape a friend of mine was blastin' on his boombox in class.

Ever since that day, I've been hooked. cool.gif

------------------

I say this to you tonight, let us not forget...that there is hope.

shadowchaser076@aol.com

There were a bunch of songs that got me into this music in '90/91. A bunch of compilations, a great record store really did help.

Let's see...Cactus Rhythm - Plexus, Blue - (forgot the artist), Night in Motion - Cubic 22...lots of older techno...

What brought me back...PVD in '98 - For an Angel, a remix from a CMJ cd.

Won't go into what I was listening to, but really glad to be back.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

Back in the old techno days it was dominator,

insomniac, (not, insomnia)

charley - by prodigy

utopia

house of god,

extacy recall, mentasm

james brown, god of abraham

and then in the junior - tunnel days - i am ready and the witch doctor

recently what hooked me back into it was spente la stelle, the final chapter, kiss (airscape mix - venga boys)

mayday i think was the one...either that or charlie by prodigy, both of which i heard when i friend came to visit from europe....

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

[This message has been edited by foodbark (edited 08-14-2000).]

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

House Music, French Kiss, Voodo Ray, You Used To Hold Me, Pride A Deeper Love...All Classics I Love, French Kiss...

I think Insomnia was an amazing song as well as Follow me, Insomnia really started the break through for house music and taken where it is gone I think out all songs single handedly that Insomnia is probably most responsible for where House is today as far as how widespread and how far the music has been pushed and how many new people have been brough into the scene...

So many tracks, I dunno...it's hard to say...

I'll house you:

I see that and raise you two.

Black out by Lil Louis.

------------------

It's all in the music

Definitely Insomnia by Faithless and Nightmare, takes me back to my freshmen year at college, I love those tracks. Cant forget the original 1998 by Binary Finary, and Underworld's Born Slippy, wow!

I'll admit though, when it first came out, I liked up and down by Vengaboys and some of the old Brooklyn Bounce songs, I know they were bubblegum, but they were fun.

Wow, umm, I can't possibly remember.

Some of the songs that still give me chills tho, are Mercury and Solace, Pearl River, Donna Summer's I Feel Love, Rain, Gouryella, Wide Open Space... There are too many!

Goddam, I love this stuff.

------------------

blueskygirl-aka mbdewey

unavoidable username change

Still the same ole me...