Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dress code???

dirtymike

Pure from midnight to 1am Saturdays only. Always bring a group of guys to increase chances.

Seriously though, I believe all the major clubs are willing to work with you if you wear a stylish designer t-shirt (try to avoid white) and have a good attitude at the door. Try to bring some females with you if possible. Tennis shoes or shorts are a bit harder.

Body English is probably the top regular hours spot used to dudes wearing t-shirts.

Just realize that especially on a busy weekend, wearing a t-shirt gives door guys even more ammunition to try to shake you down. Personally I don't feel its worth it.

Provided you're rocking some decent pants and nice shoes, it's unlikely you'll have a problem getting into most any joint in town.

That said, attitude and presentation goes a long, long, long way. On a busy night at a top club, a group of 4+ guys all wearing Ts might have a bit more trouble than a group of 4+ wearing (nice) collared shirts.

And of course being an ass and pretending your shit don't stink will trump anything you wear. I don't think there's a night that ever goes by without witnessing at least one blockhead arguing with a doorman about how much his shirt costs... who gives a shit if it's a $500 shirt, if it looks like crap (especially tears/holes) you ain't getting in.

If you're still curious about the common dress, you can always check out the club piccies at napkinnights or similar sites.

Nice! I see things have loosened up a little. I remember someone asking this question before a while back and everyone giving him shit for wanted to wear a t-shirt. If you look neat and stylish I don't see what the big deal is. Sometimes I just feel more comfortable rockin a T. Thanks for the info guys.

What about all black pumas?

Depends. Assuming you're talking a modern all-black, laceless Puma loafer or one of their unique designs, should be no problem. But all-black of the classic cotton/canvas with basic laces Puma style... well, you're giving someone at the door the opportunity to consider that to be an "athletic shoe."

I *love* funky Puma designs and aside from 2-3 occasions where the rest of the outfit called for dress shoes, that's all I've worn to Vegas clubs for the past 2 years and have never had a problem at the door.

Nice! I see things have loosened up a little. I remember someone asking this question before a while back and everyone giving him shit for wanted to wear a t-shirt. If you look neat and stylish I don't see what the big deal is. Sometimes I just feel more comfortable rockin a T. Thanks for the info guys.

Things haven't really changed actually. The way I have always looked at it is that you take a chance that you're going to be abused at the door if you don't wear a nice collared shirt and a nice pair of shoes. If you know people here that helps so at least you have some ammunition. But if you're coming from out of town and going to spots that love to give dudes shit, why not just dress up a little and not worry about the possibilities of having to deal with headaches. And I personally don't understand why anyone would feel more comfortable going to a regular-hour upscale club in a tee and sneakers but that's just my opinion.

Things haven't really changed actually. The way I have always looked at it is that you take a chance that you're going to be abused at the door if you don't wear a nice collared shirt and a nice pair of shoes. If you know people here that helps so at least you have some ammunition. But if you're coming from out of town and going to spots that love to give dudes shit, why not just dress up a little and not worry about the possibilities of having to deal with headaches. And I personally don't understand why anyone would feel more comfortable going to a regular-hour upscale club in a tee and sneakers but that's just my opinion.

I agree and disagree with Masterweb. When hitting up some of the megaclubs in Las Vegas if you don't know someone at that particular venue it is all up to the attitude of the person you meet at the door. And believe me if he doesn't like it...He will end up turning to the guy next to him...And in a off way sell that guy on why he shouldn't let you in.

I mean the fact of the matter is the club has an appearance that they are trying to uphold. And if you hitting up PURE, TAO, Tryst on a Saturday night...you better come with some money or know someone if you want to wear Puma's or a T-Shirt.

For someone like myself I know quite a few people in the industry. Also when I go out most the time I am not looking to impress anyone. So I will wear Puma's or T-Shirts. Because I know where I am going ahead of time and who I know there. So I weigh those things heavily before getting dressed that evening.

But really if it comes down to the fact that you need to ask...Then maybe you shouldn't do it. And even though afterhours is more casual remember it comes down to that very first person you meet if they don't like you for any reason they will not let you in and will sell it to their buddies at the door on why they shouldn't let you in.

Don't let a T-Shirt or a Shoe Ruin your night...

Would you feel more comfortable in a tshirt and pumas if you were at a wedding reception?

There's an expectation in Vegas that dudes dress up to go out. With that said most of the major clubs will let you slide if you're not a prick at the door and you bring more girls than dudes. The dudes who do wear tshirts usually know someone, bring lots of girls, or get lucky that the door guys didn't have a hard on that day. Your best bet is to go to any major spot except those run by Pure Management group (or OPM for that matter where you would have zero chance of entry however I don't believe that's your type of scene anyway).

Also when I go out most the time I am not looking to impress anyone. So I will wear Puma's or T-Shirts. Because I know where I am going ahead of time and who I know there. So I weigh those things heavily before getting dressed that evening.

To be honest this is kind of nailing it on the head here... after reading epope's response, and thinking about my own situation, I need to echo and support these words.

I've gotten to know a lot of folks working a lot of doors in the last 18 months or so -- not to mention walked in thanks to epope on many occasions -- so the truth is that I really haven't been subjected to as much (or any) scrutiny in regards to my shirt and/or shoes.

Additionally, on many of the nights I've headed out in a t-shirt, I've worn a jacket of some sort as well, at least when walking in.

Not to mention aside from walking in with "known" people, I've also been fortunate enough to head out with some very beautiful people -- men as well as women, but let's be honest... when you've got truly gorgeous women in your group, once again the scrutiny lightens.

Thus I'd like to add to epope's advice by suggesting you gotta take into consideration who you're with... bunch of guys, no gals... t-shirts would probably be a bad idea.

So all that said... to list specific clubs you can rock nice t-shirts at... well I can tell you specific clubs where I recall seeing a fair number of guys in stylish t-shirts. In order of Ts being the most common: Empire, Seamless, Body English, Drai's, Jet.

And that really only goes for what people are wearing inside... I know a lot of the guys are wearing a jacket of some sort on the way through the door. If I'm wearing a T that's what I always do.

All just my experience/observation.

How could you not feel more comfortable in a tshirt and pumas? I understand there are some clubs that I will have to dress up a little . But my question was, which clubs can I wear a tshirt.

I feel more comfortable in dress shoes than pumas. lol. I think for 2007 im averaging getting my feet stepped on (hard) about 30% of the time I go out lol (accidentally that is lolll)