Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what if you had to choose??? just curious

god forbit it ever happen to anybody, but i was kinda wondering myself(have no clue y...lol)....

IF YOU HAD TO LOOSE YOUR EYE SITE OR HEARING WHICH WOULD IT BE?

i was bored ok, late and i can;t sleep...but i am just curious what other people would say..

.....eaRriNGs.....

------------------

dON't reGRet lATeR wHat YOu dIDN't dO nOw, dO EVEryThINg anD dOn'T REgREt a dAmN tHInG!!!

i would have to say sight probably...i really enjoy singing/music way too much to ever let go of those...and i'm way too much of a talker and conversationalist to ever let go of my listening ears...besides...there are mad cool blind guys...stevie...ray...al pacino in scent of a woman..they get mad women too!..hehe j/k

I would say I would want my sight. Not being able to hear music and conversation would totally suck, but losing sight would screw up your life in so many more ways. Just getting around would be so difficult. You would lose so much independence. Plus,

unless they come out with braille computer monitors, how would I read the clubplanet board? j/k

Originally posted by human101:

smile.gif you can get that text reading software...i've seen a lot of people use it before...

well as long as I can do the bulletin board then, I guess I'm better off with my hearing. I will need it to be able to comment on dj's/nights out

Being an artist I would have to keep my eyesight. But I hear once you loose a sense all your other senses get stronger. I remember reading about deaf people and how they pick up sounds as vibrations.

So if I had to choose, I'd go deaf and stand on the speakers at the clubs.

------------------

** Shake It Baby **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Tchick

sorry totally of the subject but one time I saw this chic in one of the speakers at exit....she was in there for life an hour ...she had to be deaf afterwards...has anyone here ever done that?

------------------

Don't Do it Later..Do It Now!

I personnaly never done that or ever will.... But I have seen that quite a few times... Some people are fucking a little too crazy if ya ask me...... eek.gif

Originally posted by rims99:

sorry totally of the subject but one time I saw this chic in one of the speakers at exit....she was in there for life an hour ...she had to be deaf afterwards...has anyone here ever done that?

Maybe the chick was already deaf. I've used to go dancing with some deaf friends - we always went to places that had THUMPIN' bass.

Anyway, I'd rather be deaf than blind. You still have all your independence. I took a sign language class for fun back in college. i think it's a really beautiful way to communicate...

------------------

When it won't help to slow down...PoUr iT oN!!

[This message has been edited by emo (edited 08-18-2000).]

RIMS, SHE WAS PROBABLY IN A K-HOLE. THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. AND YOU DON'T GO DEAF, IN FACT THAT WAS THE ONLY NIGHT MY EARS WEREN'T RINGING AFTERWARDS. THE DJ EXPLAINED TO ME WHY BUT I DON'T REMEMBER.

JOE EARRINGS THIS REMINDS ME OF A BOOK CALLED "THE BOOK OF QUESTIONS", AND IT HAS A BUNCH OF CRAZY SCENARIOS LIKE THIS ONE. MAYBE I'LL POST SOME UP.

my two best guy friends and i used to play this game whenever we were doing nothing . . . . . come up with the STRANGEST, most CRUEL options, then make everyone choose one and why -

like:

in the old days, when a woman was caught cheating on her husband, she was turned upside down, her legs spread, and filled with hot lead. would you rather have THAT done to you (guys, use your imagination), or would you rather be forced to . . . say, roll across hot coals, then be thrown into a pool of acid (not lsd, you damn druggies wink.gif) . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

No doubt, lose the hearing. It would just be impossible to get around if I were blind. Another thing, at least as far as I'm concerned, I can remember songs from when I was very small. Much further back than I can remember pictures or anything visual clearly. I think anything visual is more tangible and doesn't leave as much of an impact as something you have to feel...like music. Does that make any sense. My point is I'd rather lose the hearing because I don't think I'd ever lose it in my memory.

------------------

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.