Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A QUICKIE REVIEW OF SASHA & DIGWEED @ TWILO ....

Here's my unofficial quick review of S&D last night.

It's 8:45, just got home from Twilo and S&D blew the roof off.

Especially Digweed. SInce I'm too tired to write anymore, I'll describe the evening in a few words.....

spiritual

magical

heavenly

blissful

fucking genius smile.gif

I met 2 people from the board. I met up with Trent ( forgot screename ) and hung out with him most of the night. Cool dude smile.gif I met one of you guys, you wore a Flash t-shirt. Didn't catch your name as you bounced away. Nice meeting ya. Caught up with Sid and Austin again. Always a plaesure with you guys. smile.gif

All you who didn't get a chance to go to see S&D, you missed out on a night of incredible music and friendly vibes.

Also you missed out on seeing juiceheads do the running man dance and work those glowstix. Hahahahaha biggrin.gif

Alrighty then, off to bed.

Nitey night.

------------------

I'm still here, I just abandoned my body...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

diggs was off the hook, prolly the best set i heard him play. we left at 10 cuz sasha was playing some wacky breakbeats and we weren't in the mood after digg's blissful set. what happend to the 6am meetup. i met chick, cool peeps, but thats it. prolly the best s&d nite this year barring new years. diggs is god!

------------------

fuck the police

[This message has been edited by p00h (edited 08-26-2000).]

Dammit, next time we are all going to have to wear some sort of name tag or some shit so we know that we are there.

Here I am standing in front of the speaker from 6:10 to 6:30 looking like a fool with my sling on because my shoulder is on fire.

BlueSkyGirl, FunkSoulBro and I were there too, and were also over by the power bar.

I had to leave at 8:00 since I did have other things to do this morning. As to the reviews, I have to agree. The sets were incredible.

Great meeting up with the people that I did...next time a fucking "HELLO my name is:" tag or something.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

What up peeps....

it is almost 3 in the afternoon, just got back from twilo! Sasha and Digweed were just fuckin intense! Went to central park at about 10:45 and passed out under a tree...Got really messed up last night...Chilled out with Jdogg and Blueskygirl...Yo, nice meeting you guys!! Anyway, talk to you soon.

JDogg,

I saw you by the speaks, but didn't come by to say hi. Sorry, I didn't want to seem like a total dork by saying, "Yo, wuz yer screenname?" Mebbe next time I won't be so bashful. smile.gif All of my peeps had already left by then...By 7:00AM, I ended sitting next to the speaks on the ledge. I agree, next time I'll bring a "Hello my name is..." tag.

Also, I was at the PowerBar chugging a Gatorade waitin' for peeps to show at 6'ish, but I got a little impatient and hopped to the speaks.

Who was the woman wearing black pants with eyelets sitting on the speaks...anyways next time I'll say hello to everyone.

~PEACE~

Just woke up. tongue.gif

Diggs was the shit last night. eek.gifWoW eek.gif

Man, when a dude has to leave for another gig quick he really knows how to give it the crowd. There was this one track he played that was just sweet, had these great fast paced beats and harmonic sounds in it too. Just great. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I was defitnitly digging what Sasha's was spinning too. I'm really digging the way how both their styles have changed. I left around 8:00, when I heard the Baguio Track for the second time. For me that was the perfect song to end the night.

Lot of great looking women too. They blew away those hoochies who go to Exit all the time. There was this blonde dressed in all blue with a blue cowboy hat, wow she can shake that ass. smile.gif

As for the meet-up, Trent and I were in front of the Power Bar around 6ish then headed over to the speakers. I was at the speakers from beginng of the night. I was being a speaker jockey. It's ok if some of us didn't get to meet. It's all good, nuthin but love to all of ya. There's always next time.

------------------

I'm still here, I just abandoned my body...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 08-26-2000).]

Originally posted by paulvandyk:

Did they play Binary Finary or Alanis Morrissette farting remixed by BT?

PVD

Vandit Records

Look PVD fart noises by superstars get remixed by sausage smuggler David Morales,

maybe BT did belches or sexual sounds by Sarah Mc-glock-lin. But when it comes to air biskits David Morales has those sounds copyrighted...

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

Look PVD fart noises by superstars get remixed by sausage smuggler David Morales,

maybe BT did belches or sexual sounds by Sarah Mc-glock-lin. But when it comes to air biskits David Morales has those sounds copyrighted...

Now look here beefy tits,

David Morales may have remixed Mahria Careys farts on occasion,but BT has remixed Tori Amos, Alanis Morrisette and Sarah MacGlaghlins farts several times and i have the acetates to prove it.

PVD

-----------------------------

When farts get recorded

The farts turn remixed

Listen up bottle nose

David Gayroles is the king of remixing farts,

his Midi keyboard is full of toxic pop superstar's air

who are Tori Amos, Alanis Morrisette and Sarah MacGlaghlin.

**If you want to do remixes and become a sellout you gotta go for the pop icons...

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...

Originally posted by sxs:

JDogg,

I saw you by the speaks, but didn't come by to say hi. Sorry, I didn't want to seem like a total dork by saying, "Yo, wuz yer screenname?" Mebbe next time I won't be so bashful. smile.gif <SNIP>

Who was the woman wearing black pants with eyelets sitting on the speaks...anyways next time I'll say hello to everyone.

~PEACE~

Well, there is always next time....true enough. I thought that I recognized her too...maybe dirtyslapper from DC...I didn't go up to her either.

[Edit] - I went back to look at the picture and at the 'what are you wearing', and sure enough 'its all about eyelets'. Sorry for starting and not saying anything smile.gif[/Edit]

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

[This message has been edited by jdogg (edited 08-26-2000).]

All I can say is that SnD fucking tore shit up !!! Diggers played probably one of his best sets and Sasha was equally good. Although towards the end he did put on a few break beat songs (I still dug them though). Did anyone catch "Underworld - Cowgirl" he played it towards the end of the set as well as "Knights of the Juaguars". I love those two tracks and didn't think he would spin them.

BTW. I only meet ShadowChaser...sorry...I was in my own little world there...er actually I also met John58 although he did mistake me for pooh. smile.gif

------------------

hempleaf.gif

"I want to get high, so high" (Cypress Hill)

[This message has been edited by trancenergy (edited 08-28-2000).]

Wow!

What a night S&D took me places I have never been before. First time at S&D since March, and they tore it up.

Got there with a crew of 12 at 5am, no line, just waltzed right in. The place was still packed though and Digweed was spinning some awesome shit. Wish he didnt have to take off so early, but Sasha held his own.

We were all on great rolls, too.

After the funky breatbeat tracks Sasha was laying down he ended the night with Music Saved My Life at 10:30. I also remember the Baguio Track, but thats about it.

Ended up chillin in Washington Square Park til 1 afterwards, still having some E left in me. Ah, man, it ranks up there with one of my best nights at Twilo not only because of the music but also because of the folks who i got to enjoy the night with

Mr. Nice, vigita (whatever your screename is Jesse) and funkysoulbro we HAVE to do this again soon. Blueskygirl, was cool meeting you.

Yo shadow!

Good meeting up with you again dude! My apologies for not being particularly social last night, as you could tell, I was pretty freakin' exhausted, I'm in the middle of moving apartments so I spent all Friday on 5 hours of sleep and massive amounts of manual labor, so my body just couldn't keep up...until PVD baby..hehe...see you there...

Ironically I think the raids last week really made the club better. It was not that crowded and it seemed like everyone there was there for the music - not just for a place to trip out. I spoke with a lot of people who really knew their shit and were just chillin listening to one opf the best nights of music I have heard in a long time. I left around 7:15 when Sasha was on, did he stay on for the rest of the night?