Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing Sober

EVERYTIME I HEAD OUT, IT'S PURE. NO DRUGS AND NO ALCOHOL. I DRINK A TON OF WATER AND MAKE SURE I EAT A HUGE DINNER. I GET MY ENERGY FROM THE CROWD AND ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC. I SAW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WHO TOOK MOTOROLLAS AND THEY WERE FINISHED. COULDN'T MOVE OR DO ANYTHING. I REMEMBER THE DAYS OF BEING STUPID AND DRUNK, PASSING OUT AND THROWING UP. THAT'S ALL FINISHED. I CAN RECALL NEARLY EVERTHING WHEN I'M SOBER . . . AND I DON'T MISS THOSE KILLER HANGOVERS. I ALWAYS GET A RESTFUL SLEEP WHEN THE NIGHT IS DONE. IT FEELS LIKE I'VE JOGGED FOR 10 MILES AT THE END OF THE NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING YOU FEEL GOOD. JUST MY $.02

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i go to clubs sober all the time. Like everyone has said, music is key. If the music is bad then i usually wanna leave early unless its a special occasion(friends bday) Also the crowd has to be good as well. If theres a packed out house and i can't move then i usually can't deal, when i'm sober. But i love walking out in the morning w/ loads of nrg and looking around just knowing that i was out just late and partied just as hard as everyone else while the majority of them were mangled biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

I've done 24 hours of dancing in a row with the drugs being only 2 blunts. (I'm not able to do that anymore)

Haschich is not really an energy drug. I guess if I was completely sober it would have been the same.

During the 2 days before those 24 hours I had slept only 2 hours! Lack of sleep is a drug (and a very interresting one).

I like to party until 8-9am (sometime later) and I haven't taken drugs for years. (Now I live in Boston so I'm in bed at 3am no matter what frown.gif)

You don't need drugs to stay awake (maybe a little bit of caffeine helps)

Plur,

Joël S.

[This message has been edited by JoelS (edited 08-09-2000).]

Hey sweetie...

Just try to bring vivran with you and every few hours just pop some...when i go out sober,i start with just 2, then i see in awhile how my body is reacting to them...if i am tired take some more...its ok really...when i was youngeri used to be really silly and take like 7 at a time..u will be fine...justlisten to your body!!! Oh also, try to get sleep the night before..or a cat nap during the day!! And red bull always helps some!! Have fun!!!<333

Stacker 3 couldnt possibly compare to the Euphoric feeling Ecstacy gives you. The feeling of music being one with your body couldnt happen from them either. Maybe the energy would be the same but I would much rather my roll roll roll relationship. Oh but the topic of this way things to do to club sober...hehe sorry. But there are ways to avoid that "vegetable feeling" for the days after so you know...

Im pretty positive Stacker 3 couldnt possibly give the same Euphoric feeling, immense sensations, and the becoming one with the music as Ecstacy. But thats not the point...there are ways to lessen those "vegie like effects" and to bring your body back to narmalcy without having to give up your favorite party favors. smile.gif

When going to clubs like Vinyl, I just need DT as my drug, he can have me going all night. In Jersey, I do have like 1 drink to get going. As far as hip-hop clubs a couple of drinks now and then.

I think I have gone all night on just water @ Vinyl. It is definitely the answer. Now to think of it I haven't been there all summer Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

------------------

Tutto e possibile!

I do it all the time. My first choice is Red Bull, that stuff keeps me up for days! Also recommend Vivarin. Really any kind of energy drink with caffeine works for me. I've heard good things about Stacker 2 and 3 also...

Melissa

------------------

Peace be the journey

Thank you all, I appreciate your advice, and will try it.

But the "red devils"...I don;t know what the hell that is. I must be gettin old.

I'm tryin to go sober at the S&M party...

Think I'll make it?

------------------

Din Da Da

[This message has been edited by cazz926 (edited 08-09-2000).]

I've been partying in clubs sober for a year. I still partake in other activities every now and then but it's nice to remember the night and the music. Which is what it's all about anyway, right?

Drop some ripped fuel, drink tons o'water and you'll have tons of energy, not to mention a kick ass time. biggrin.gif

I've been pill free for a month now & I go out at least 2 times a week, don't miss it much & I find that I have a lot more energy. Usually a Xenadrine, a few red Bulls w/a shot of Absolut Citron & a bump or two & I'm good for few hours.

------------------

In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing.

Hey sweetie...

Just try to bring vivran with you and every few hours just pop some...when i go out sober,i start with just 2, then i see in awhile how my body is reacting to them...if i am tired take some more...its ok really...when i was youngeri used to be really silly and take like 7 at a time..u will be fine...justlisten to your body!!! Oh also, try to get sleep the night before..or a cat nap during the day!! And red bull always helps some!! Have fun!!!<333

cazz, you should just try it out. going sober that is. i believe e showed me how to be open to the people and the music, and the entire environment. (i've only dropped a few times.)

but now, i can go sober and if you have the right beats and vibes i can feel that same euphoric adrenaline rush you get on e.

i definitely get drained of energy much faster but you learn to pace yourself.

have to take the MCATs (Medical College Application Test) next saturday. so i'm definitely going sober this weekend. i just have to get my weekly fix of music and dance.

Take some Hi-Nr-G Ginsing pills. They work really well. Also Red Bull and lots of water, to stay hydrated. With all that you might be more wired than if you were on drugs.

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

As far as the saftey of ripped fuel/stacker 2's etc, I don't know about liver problems, but I do know a girl died from a heart attack down at Crunch in the E village a few months ago from taking ripped fuel that a trainer reccomended to her. All that stuff has the same contents i.e. effedrine and that mu huang extract that makes your heart race. So if you have heart problems, I'd stay away from those things, but then again if that's the case, you should probably stay away from drugs all together.

Cazz,

What up girl!!! Lord knows we all partake in a little "FUN" nowadays (Flashback to a massage line of people across a deck July 4th, 1999 hehehe), but all good things come to an end. Well not completely.

As for me....a typical Saturday night for me in NYC when I know I'm going to do afterhours at SF or Twilo...I go to bed at like 11pm, wake up around 4am or so...dressed and out around 5-5:30am and then inside by 6am. Can usually last the rest of the night that way!

OR....if I do go out early around 2am or so, I DON'T drink...makes ya tired and I stay sober until around 6 or 7am. Sometimes I find I don't even need it if the DJ is banging the music, but if I do, I take a little something then. That way you're peaking at like 9 or 10am and you really only need one or two for the whole night. Beats the 5 or 6 that I was chomping down on back in our SF rent a section days!

Try it, you'll like it!

addaboy

ps - Please say hello to Iris, Joanna, Rachel, Chris, Rodney & Ari. Miss all you guys! Gonna put something together this fall for all of us.

pps - I'll be at SF on the 19th in case you're curious! (HINT HINT)