Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing Sober

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've been clubbing sober for almost 4 months now and I gotta say it's alot better than being burnt out after a roll. I was at Twilo for S&D and only drank 3 beers before I went around 11pm and I stayed till about 8:30 drinking only 3 bottles of water and a gatorade. I could have kept going, but I had to leave because my brother was passed out after coming off his roll. Seeing him passed out just proved to me that it's so much better going sober. And I think I'm staying that way.

Besides..the sick shit Digs and Sasha were spinning made me high enough.

------------------

Double-Down

• <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc"" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc
    </A>
  • double-down@mad.scientist.com

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

watch out for Caffeine pills. i took some of those and went out and took 2 every 2 hours from then on. i took 6 in all over 10 hours and come out of the club and threw up all over. i wasnt dehydrated or anything b/c i was drinking water and gatorade.

Yeah...most of the times when I go clubbing, I go totally sober. For SnD this past weekend, it was really fun being sober, dancing, and enjoying the music. What works for me is a nap before I go out, a coupla Red Bulls, and engery bars with gatorade when I start getting tired. I made it until 7:45 for SnD. smile.gif So, yes, it's possible AND it's fun. Good luck.

~PEACE & LOVE~

I never do drugs, because for me music is the key, it is my high, the adrenaline and the sheer force of emotion that overcomes you when listening to a great dj and good music, is all you need, that feeling surpasses that of any drug...i go clubbing til 8am every friday and do it sober, i've done 12 hours sober no problem...the music is uplifting...it's all the energy you need...i think drugs other than the obvious to get fucked up, help make bad music and a bad dj better...because your pretty much incoherent you can't tell the difference and pretty much any beat will get you going...

Music Is The Answer...

It's Spititual Thing

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

All I know is that living in DC for the past 4 years and going up to New York to the greatest club in the country, Twilo, there is something quite special and unique about the music that comes out of that system. I can say that I am a regular there, and it really is all about the music. I see no point in rolling to begin with if the DJ isn't on. I've gone to Twilo to see PVD and been in tears because the music penetrated my every living fiber. I don't know if I would have been able to appreciate and understand the music had I never dropped before, but that night was something special and I was completely sober. This was during a 6 month hiatus from E. When I rolled the first time it was 2 years ago and you know what? They really don't make pills the way they used to. Now the comedowns are too hard for me to handle, and I just don't enjoy feeling like shit the next day. Sleep feels so much more deserved after 8 hours of dancing sober, I'll tell you that.

I club every weekend, and I'm sober like 90% of the time. ALWAYS have a blast. ALWAYS outlast my stoned out friends. ALWAYS dance all night and close the club (except SF last Sat. cuz of that shoe problem...). Afterhours is not an option, it's a requirement. The real hardcore don't need drugs.

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

"Thanx all who replied, it's refreshing to know that not everyone is a crackhead."

What's wrong with being a crackhead anyways?

j/k...but seriously i've done it sober and never enjoyed it as much or met so many cool ppl...comedowns from a night of energy pills aren't noticably better than from E to me though....Might as well really enjoy the night I say.

Although I'd like to add: More power all who can do without. smile.gif