Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NEW #1 DJ: It's not Oakenfold Nomore!!

sachi x

Danny Tenaglia is the King now, putting Oaky in 3rd (Carl Cox snuck by Paul to claim 2nd). Anyone ever hear of this guy?! I don't wanna buy his cd and see that he totally sucks ass, regardless of what place he's in, cause his old cd's and albums may have sucked and thats all they seem to be selling instead of his album that put him in the number 1 spot. cwm5.gif

------------------

If cats always land on their feet, and toast lands buttered side down,

I wonder what would happen if you tied buttered toast ontop of a cat?

Does anyone know who who is? danny Tenaglia?

He used to spin at Tunnel Saturday's (Dtour) then Be Yourself Friday's at Vinyl. He spins dark deep house - people worship this guy!!

CArl Cox- The mann!!! goes nuts dancing while he spins bassy techno and even some house/trance

Both of them are more underground than Oakey of late....

But I've only heard DT and Coxy live...

Who are you asking about?

They're all ridiculous on the tables.....1,2,3 don't make a difference....besides, they all spin different kinds of music so it depends what you are into.....I personally love 'em all but Oaky is still my favorite.....Peace.

Mikey

------------------

"Music is life, take a pill and go beyond that."

Exit Fridays, The World Saturdays --- PM me for list info.

Gatecrasher @ LL this Friday - PM for list or email HazePromotions@Gateway.net for the HAZE list.....

Tenaglia, man! Who is Tenaglia. What style of dance does he perform, does he have anything popular, any good albums, etc.

------------------

Which Global Underground is his best?

My favorite GU ever is GU: NEW YORK with oakenfold.

------------------

Well since Danny has tons of great tracks that he has either written or re-mixed, I'll just state the one he won for re-mix of the year award, and you've probably heard it.

Flash!!! - Green Velvet

His last CD is not what made him #1, he's celebrating his 25 year as a DJ, been all over. He spins a spirtual set of Tribal Dark, House, sexy, melodic, hard, pounding, amazing vibe, groovy slick, sexy, dirty, gut wrenching, sleazy, flowing, beautiful, vocal, drum bangin...I think I'm running out of adjectives....

Anyway Vinyl Friday nights is his house, and it's be yourself, and it's amazing, don't expect anything like Factory, Exit, Tunnel, Limelight, the only other place that comes close to this vibe is Fri night at Twilo when S&D are here. Different music but the vine from the people is off the hook.

- Peter

cool.gif

Danny Global Underground Athens and GU 17 London...Tourism is one of his original CD's

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

DT vs. Oakey? No comparison in my book... it's like comparing innovation and compassion to monotony and egoism! By the way, which poll are you referring to? Must be Muzik's b/c I don't think DJ mag's is out yet.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

wow!...you're on a clubbing message board and you've never heard of Tenaglia?

Go buy the GU cd now, or at least get to the GU website for a quick listen.

The 'flash' remix rocks and his new track with tarantella and redanka 'Be' is hot too!

BTW..Oakenfold sucks.....have you heard 'Bullet in a gun 2000'?.... that guy is a joke!

oakey wouldn't even make my top 10, no other 'big' dj totally loses as many mixes as oakey, and his choice of tracks are sooooooo predicatable, at the gatecrasher summer festival he played one tune and i instantly knew what the next three would be. danny tenaglia, steve lawler, parks and wilson, digweed, jimmy van m and of course sasha are far far better.

PvD is very overrated too imho